Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship Run In for Relegation

13»

Comments

• edited April 2016
    current odds for championship survival;

skybet

To Stay Up

Nottingham Forest 1/500
    Huddersfield 1/500
    Blackburn 1/500
    Bristol City 1/66
    Fulham 1/12
    Rotherham 1/6
    MK Dons 9/4
    Charlton 12/1
    Bolton 150/1

quite clear to see who they fancy.
  • I think it'll be too little too late. So frustrating to look at the league table with the big gap still there despite winning three in five recently.
  • current odds for championship survival;

skybet

To Stay Up

Nottingham Forest 1/500
    Huddersfield 1/500
    Blackburn 1/500
    Bristol City 1/66
    Fulham 1/12
    Rotherham 1/6
    MK Dons 9/4
    Charlton 12/1
    Bolton 150/1

quite clear to see who they fancy.

I'm surprised they had Fulham above Rotherham (before tonight's result), but the odds generally tell the sad reality
  • I thought about putting a ton on Charlton to stay up but the odds aren't good enough at 12/1
  • Weren't we favourites or almost favourites to go down even before the season started!?
  • We may need a result against Burnley. If so, hopefully they'll be champions already by then and have their foot off the gas...

I would like to remind you of Bournemouth last season!
    Bournemouth needed to win and Watford to drop points. Watford conceded Kate I think which handed it to bournemouth
  • You look at our next three fixtures in QPR, Derby and Bolton, yet all three of those games are winnable, surely?
  • Them tonkings we got could come in to play as the next 3 are winnable and won't be enough, we can only get 18 now, and were 7 points behind with gd if it was 6 we may of been able to sneak it, yeah we were faves to go down at start of season 11/10 I think.
  • Derby, Brighton and Burnley are poo, we'll definitely win the minimum three to have a chance of staying up.

That's what BelgiumBun/Incorruptible told me anyway.
  • edited April 2016

You look at our next three fixtures in QPR, Derby and Bolton, yet all three of those games are winnable, surely?

Is that the Bolton who were 2-0 down at The Valley to draw 2-2?

They'll spank us and confirm our relegation.

• Sponsored links:

• You look at our next three fixtures in QPR, Derby and Bolton, yet all three of those games are winnable, surely?

no its the Bolton who just lost 3-1 at home to Brentford.

• Think it will end up a close-run thing - but even though we may have found some better form currently, our fate will not be decided by our own efforts. It will be down to sheer luck over the results of other relegation contenders.....
  • Only game that concerns me between now and the end of the season is Bolton away.

We've proven time and time again that we can match the teams at the top of the Division, yet facing a side down the bottom we just cant break the buggers down, although Bolton should be down by the time we play them which'll mean they wont care so will just come at us!!
  • Only game that concerns me between now and the end of the season is Bolton away.

We've proven time and time again that we can match the teams at the top of the Division, yet facing a side down the bottom we just cant break the buggers down, although Bolton should be down by the time we play them which'll mean they wont care so will just come at us!!

Bolton have seemingly given up, 2 draws and 8 losses in their last 10. Their goal difference is now worse than our's even!

They might as well have gone into administration...

Bolton have seemingly given up, 2 draws and 8 losses in their last 10. Their goal difference is now worse than our's even!

They might as well have gone into administration...
    Madness that they sacked a Manager doing okay and replaced him with someone out of his depth with no experience.

Reasons to be thankful = You wouldnt see Roland doing that!!
  • if bored at work

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/

just done it got us ending up on 49 points.
  • Did the calculator as well and ended up with this... Thing is that a little upset here and there makes a huge difference... but still interesting:

16th Rotherham 53
    17th Fulham 52
    21st Bristol City 45
    22nd MK Dons 43
    23rd Charlton 43
    24th Bolton 26 (lol)

Bristol City's run-in isn't easy.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Charlton 35 (36)
    Ipswich A 1 CORRECT
    QPR A 0
    Derby H 3
    Bolton A 3
    Brighton H 1
    Leeds A 1
    Burnley H 0

A valiant effort but gone.

MK Dons 37 (37)
    Wolves H 0 CORRECT
    Rotherham H 0
    Preston A 1
    Sheff Wed A 0
    Brentford H 1
    Ipswich A 0
    Forest H 0

Fulham 41 (44)
    Preston A 0 INCORRECT
    Cardiff H 1
    Brighton A 0
    Ipswich A 0
    Forest H 3
    Brentford A 1
    Bolton H 3

48 Safe

Rotherham 42 (43)
    Bristol City A 3 INCORRECT
    MK Dons A 3
    Forest H 1
    Hudds H 1
    Wolves A 0
    Blackburn H 1
    Hull A 0

51 Safe

Bristol City 43 (44)
    Rotherham H - 0 INCORRECT
    Sheff Wed H - 1
    Brentford A - 3
    Derby H - 0
    Blackburn A - 3
    Hudds H - 1
    QPR A - 0

51 - Safe

Amended points and results
  • Shrew said:

You look at our next three fixtures in QPR, Derby and Bolton, yet all three of those games are winnable, surely?

no its the Bolton who just lost 3-1 at home to Brentford.

Bolton were away.
  • Sponsored links:

• if we lose saturday and rotherham and forest get a point were relegated? ( mathmatically as in theory we have been down since december)
  • No they both have 46 so if they draw will have 47. We will have 36 with for games to go, so potentially 48 points.

Clutching at straws or what?