Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship Run In for Relegation

Comments

• Got a funny feeling you're going to stay up. Said it a while back and stand by that. Looks like you're putting a run together at just the right time. Can see Bristol city getting dragged back in to it.
  • We may need a result against Burnley. If so, hopefully they'll be champions already by then and have their foot off the gas...

I would like to remind you of Bournemouth last season!
    I think we had taken the foot off the gas that day as well!
  • Got a funny feeling you're going to stay up. Said it a while back and stand by that. Looks like you're putting a run together at just the right time. Can see Bristol city getting dragged back in to it.

We've won our last 2 home games which is a shock
    but it's simply just too late now.

Interested to see what our odds of staying up are though
  • Ipswich A (1)
    QPR A (3)
    Derby H (3)
    Bolton A (3)
    Brighton H (0)
    Leeds A (3)
    Burnley H (balls--0)

So I'm sticking by the prediction I made before the win against Birmingham and saying we'll get 16 points this month, and I don't think we'll get anything against Burnley so we'd end on 51.

MK Dons
    Wolves H D
    Rotherham H L
    Preston A D
    Sheff Wed A L
    Brentford H D
    Ipswich A L
    Forest H D
    +4=41

Fulham
    Preston A D
    Cardiff H L
    Brighton A L
    Ipswich A D
    Forest H W
    Brentford A W
    Bolton H W
    +11=52

Rotherham
    Bristol City A W
    MK Dons A W
    Forest H W
    Hudds H W
    Wolves A D
    Blackburn H D
    Hull A L
    +14=56

Bristol City
    Rotherham H L
    Sheff Wed H L
    Brentford A D
    Derby H D
    Blackburn A D
    Hudds H W
    QPR A W
    +9=52

Well that's depressing. I have us going on a stellar run in, and still being relegated by a point (effectively two with goal difference) behind Bristol and Fulham. If things do play out this way, we would go into the final game of the season outside of the relegation zone. Bristol are away to QPR who will probably be on the beach, and Fulham are home to Bolton who will at best be playing for pride. Burnley could be playing to win the league, win automatic promotion, or for effectively nothing. At that point, the old lazy cliche of "anything is possible" comes into play. Just to get there would be a herculean task. Here's hoping.
  • Ten points needed from the next four. That will be very difficult. We could play well and get 7 points but imho that will leave too much to do.
  • We don't deserve to stay up lets be honest it's NOT IF BUT WHEN we get relegated

Dont forget It's the hope that kills you
  • I think you'll find when you bring in a moron form the 3rd tier of Belgium football to guide a decent-ish Championship side for over ten games bang in the middle of the season, with an underfunded...etc etc ... I'm starting to bore myself here...

We are down...
  • We may need a result against Burnley. If so, hopefully they'll be champions already by then and have their foot off the gas...

I would like to remind you of Bournemouth last season!
    They were not champions before that game though
  • edited April 2016
    Sadly I fear the most realistic competition is to guess what round of matches will see us officially relegated. The wrong sequence of results tonight and Saturday could pretty much see us down if we lose to Derby on Saturday week.

PS my money is on at home to Brighton
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the Football League Highlights on Saturday night and Rotherham really seem to be winning games by luck alone at the moment i.e. against Leeds the opposing Goalkeeper went crazy and got himself sent off, giving away a pen whilst at Sheffield Wednesday they got away with about three disallowed goals.

That luck will surely run out soon.

Same with Bristol City, like @MillwallFan said, I too can see them being dragged back into it but that depends on Lee Johnson and his inexperience to deal with the Championship, if he can halt their current slide they'll be fine, if not...

I think we can stay up but I think we'll still be in danger come the final day, and getting three points against Burnley is something I'm not confident of seeing us doing, although I didnt see us winning against Middlesbrough either.
  • PL54 said:

We are staying up *

And I for one of the 10% will be pleased.

* I hope

Can't you just fuck off.... never has the word fuckwit been so relevant!
    Bless, are you feeling better this morning ?
  • Dave2l said:

Got a funny feeling you're going to stay up. Said it a while back and stand by that. Looks like you're putting a run together at just the right time. Can see Bristol city getting dragged back in to it.

We've won our last 2 home games which is a shock
    but it's simply just too late now.

Interested to see what our odds of staying up are though
    1/100

• PL54 said:

PL54 said:

We are staying up *

And I for one of the 10% will be pleased.

* I hope

Can't you just fuck off.... never has the word fuckwit been so relevant!
    Bless, are you feeling better this morning ?
    Go shit in your hands and clap
  • I would love to see us "do a Leicester" and get out of this mess. With some of our stronger players returning from injury and being available, we could surprise a few (including me). Everything now relies on the players attitude over these last games. If they bond and fight for everything they stand a chance. Unflinching determination to win every game and luck on our side could see us squeese through. However, we need other teams at the bottom to lose games. Personally I'll wait for the fat lady to sing before I lose all hope but it will be a real body blow when we lose another game.
  • I think we may finish with a decent run but at best can see us getting 10-12 from these games. With our desperate goal difference, that means unless one or two of the others get real hidings we are seven points adrift and they are all going to pick up scraps from their run-ins (which are all easier than ours) to see us off.

So thanks Squirrel Face and Roland, for pissing around with Fraeye in a pathetic experiment which has probably already secured our relegation. Perhaps one of you would one day explain what the hell was going through your stupid Belgian brains when you thought it was a good idea. It certainly wasn't anything to do with common sense or football.
  • but it will be a real body blow when we lose another game.

And, that's the thing. We probably can afford one more defeat or two defeats if we win the other five. Defeat tonight and some adverse results and things look bleak. There's no room for a bit of a bad luck now let alone a bad performance.
  • to answer my own question

we can only do it if we don't loose another match and win 4 of them, we will get above MKD but will need Bristol City to have a poor finish, I can't see us catching Rotherham or Fulham, my final points tally is
    Rotherham 53
    Fulham 51
    Charlton 50
    Bristol City 49
    MK Dons 47
    Bolton
  • We need to go on a run like Leicester did last season. We have 7 cup finals left and I reckon we need to win 5 of them. We have to believe that anything is possible, but I've supported Charlton for 47 years and so I can't see it happening.
  • Tonight will tell us a lot!
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't know what the gap to safety was when Riga took over but I doubt it's any less now. Tells you all you need to know.
  • I don't know what the gap to safety was when Riga took over but I doubt it's any less now. Tells you all you need to know.

after that shocking 6-0 defeat at Hull on 16th Jan we were left 4 points short of safety. It's now six points. After a further 12 games into Riga's reign we are actually further from safety than when he started. And some people think we can still get out of it ....

Not really - Rotherham have gone on a silly run of 5 wins from 6.

Not really - Rotherham have gone on a silly run of 5 wins from 6.
    Indeed, it's Rotherham and Bristol City going on really good runs that has been our biggest problem. After 29 games (the end of January) we had 24 points, one point less than Rotherham and Bristol and 2 below MKD, so it was all to play for. Even Bolton were only 3 points below us

In 10 games we then got 11 points
    Rotherham 17
    Bristol 18
    MKD 11
    Bolton 5
  • Charlton 35
    Ipswich A 1
    QPR A 0
    Derby H 3
    Bolton A 3
    Brighton H 1
    Leeds A 1
    Burnley H 0

A valiant effort but gone.

MK Dons 37
    Wolves H 0
    Rotherham H 0
    Preston A 1
    Sheff Wed A 0
    Brentford H 1
    Ipswich A 0
    Forest H 0

Fulham 41
    Preston A 0
    Cardiff H 1
    Brighton A 0
    Ipswich A 0
    Forest H 3
    Brentford A 1
    Bolton H 3

48 Safe

Rotherham 42
    Bristol City A 3
    MK Dons A 3
    Forest H 1
    Hudds H 1
    Wolves A 0
    Blackburn H 1
    Hull A 0

51 Safe

Bristol City 43
    Rotherham H - 0
    Sheff Wed H - 1
    Brentford A - 3
    Derby H - 0
    Blackburn A - 3
    Hudds H - 1
    QPR A - 0

51 - Safe
  • not doomed, but very reliant on 2 teams phucking up majorly.
  • Ultimate dream is we stay up and RD sells up!!
  • edited April 2016
    we have all this build up, then well get dicked 4-0 by ipswich tonight, really dont want to be playing league 1 football next season, but i just cant see us getting out of it. wont be there tonight but if we can nick a point and get 3 at qpr then who knows, nothing out of tonight and a point at qpr and were gone, regardless of other teams.
  • Ultimate dream is we stay up and RD sells up!!

As much chance of that happening as there is of my ultimate dream coming true ... the one that involves Keira Knightley.
  • mogodon said:

Ultimate dream is we stay up and RD sells up!!

As much chance of that happening as there is of my ultimate dream coming true ... the one that involves Keira Knightley.
    Is that the one about her playing alongside Johnny Jackson in midfield?

Or, maybe a different dream....