Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship Run In for Relegation

OK here are the fixtures so what do you think will happen

Charlton
Ipswich A
QPR A
Derby H
Bolton A
Brighton H
Leeds A
Burnley H

MK Dons
Wolves H
Rotherham H
Preston A
Sheff Wed A
Brentford H
Ipswich A
Forest H

Fulham
Preston A
Cardiff H
Brighton A
Ipswich A
Forest H
Brentford A
Bolton H

Rotherham
Bristol City A
MK Dons A
Forest H
Hudds H
Wolves A
Blackburn H
Hull A

Bristol City
Rotherham H
Sheff Wed H
Brentford A
Derby H
Blackburn A
Hudds H
QPR A

Comments

• edited April 2016
    We are staying up *

And I for one of the 10% will be pleased.

* I hope
  • Our run in is the hardest by far we are doomed I tell ye
  • If I was a fan of any of the other teams and saw our fixtures, I would think that one of the relegation places has been filled.

Far too much left to do.
  • I can only see 5 points for us in those fixtures
  • Too much to ask, but our best results have come against the better sides in the division
    It's clinging to the hope that will make it hurt more in the end.
  • We'll go down by just a point or two
  • We probably need to win 4 of the last 7 to have a decent chance of staying up and with those fixtures I just can't see it.
  • philcafc said:

We probably need to win 4 of the last 7 to have a decent chance of staying up and with those fixtures I just can't see it.

4 wins at least, and can't see us getting one out of Ipswich (a), QPR (a) or Burnely (h). If we miraculously won the rest and scraped draws in 2/3 of those, maybe... but with the fixtures spelled out like that, it looks like we are very down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Too much to ask, but our best results have come against the better sides in the division
    It's clinging to the hope that will make it hurt more in the end.

Further to what I've just posted we'll probably do well in the majority of the games against the better teams but lose at Bolton and that will prove to be the difference. Typical bloody Charlton!
  • Ipswich A 1 point
    QPR A 1 point
    Derby H 3 points
    Bolton A 3 points
    Brighton H 1 point
    Leeds A 1 point
    Burnley H
    nil points .. equals 10 points in Lincsland
  • I can see us getting 4 wins, BUT that might not be enough as we need 2 teams above us to really slump. I can see us catching MKD, but realistically we also need Fulham to keep struggling.
  • Does anyone really need to look at any fixtures to know that we are going down?
  • Staying up
  • PL54 said:

We are staying up *

* I hope

Can't you just fuck off.... never has the word fuckwit been so relevant!
  • PL54 said:

We are staying up *

* I hope

Can't you just fuck off.... never has the word fuckwit been so relevant!
    And that's coming from someone known as the happy man on this forum.
  • edited April 2016
    But to be fair it becomes a lottery at this stage of the season. What looks an easy match is hard and visa versa. If we get enough points, we will stay up! We just need to focus on our games.
  • Need to win 5 to have a slim chance. We won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree - win 5 and draw 1 - means we can only lose 1. that would give us 51 points that would keep us up - not worrying about other fixtures!
  • Missed It said:

I can only see 5 points for us in those fixtures

My estimate is between four and six, so let's hope we're both useless at making predictions!
  • We may need a result against Burnley. If so, hopefully they'll be champions already by then and have their foot off the gas...
  • To quote Private Frazer...

..."Shall I tell ye the story of the olde empty barrrrrn - there was nothing in it"!

There'll be nothing in it for us either. Possible wins against Bolton and Leeds. Can't see us picking up many points elsewhere though.
  • QPR and Derby are winnable, but I think even 4 wins will see us fall short. You've got to be asking Fulham to only gain another 5 points. If they win another game, I think that's it for us, save for a miraculous run of form.

Rotherham got their survival tactics right by making the right managerial appointment at the right time.

Next year we'll be below Burton, ffs.
  • Think we can beat anybody at home as we've shown this season, but the question is how many, if any, can we win away.

Need a minimum of three points from this week's two away games then to beat Derby at home - a tall order but Riga does have a few options selection wise now.

Just have to hope he chooses the right ones...
  • We've played twice against MKD, a club (leaving aside their dubious creation in the first place) that have been run very sensibly, with a good youth scheme, tight financial budget and a team full of L1 players, the sort of team we should be beating.

Instead we lose 1-0 and draw 0-0. If we had won both games, we'd be on 40 points, 1 behind Fulham and 7 points ahead of MKD.

Even if we had drawn 0-0 at MKD, we'd now be above them in the table.
  • PL54 said:

We are staying up *

* I hope

Say what you will about Roland and "The Statement," but ending written communiqués in footnotes is a lot of fun. It may not always provide for the most coherent argument, but I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy it :).
  • We may need a result against Burnley. If so, hopefully they'll be champions already by then and have their foot off the gas...

I would like to remind you of Bournemouth last season!