Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt

13»

Comments

• mogodon said:
    alanalsace and belgianbun
  • stonemuse said:

mogodon said:
    alanalsace and belgianbun
    And Mandy
  • I think it is fair to say CARD are winning the key battles in the war – because make no mistake about it – it is a war. It is being fought by CARD, with regret, for the future of the club we love. But it is only the owner who can solve the problems. He has choices - He could sell or announce he is looking for a buyer. There would be no point in demonstrating if we knew this was the case as we would both want the same thing. He could admit his failings, sack his CEO (the one that has disrespected fans and made things much worse for him) or at least give her a job somewhere else in his empire. He could then employ a replacement who could speak to fans and present a new strategy that we can get behind, or he can treat us as kids who must do as he says and face the consequences. His ego and arrogance have been the source of all of these problems – nobody wants to protest – they really don’t, but when that position has been forced on them, they are not going to go nicey nicey.
  • edited April 2016
  • edited April 2016
  • seth plum said:

Belgiumbun you say the club is suffering, but I think you are mistaken. The club isn't suffering because it has basically closed down.
    The loyal decent fans of Charlton are suffering the loss of their club.
    The club is non existent, I don't know what you might call Charlton Athletic now but is isn't really a football club is it?

Well put Seth, that is how I feel, that Charlton Athletic as I know it does not exist currently.

I am still a young fan compared to many on here, this is my 21st season since my Dad first took me to the Valley, a club I fell in love with, a club that over that period has been a big part of my life, a club I learned to love even more during the CP years when following that team got me through a really bad time but they have taken that from me now & taken it from generations of Charlton fans.

I am, like many others at a point in which I am actively boycotting putting any money in to the clubs coffers, so not setting foot inside the Valley, the home of our club and with my initial intentions of attending more away games dwindling as I find my self unable to feel those emotions of despair when we lose and joy when we win leaving me thinking what is the point of driving all over the country for this anymore.

• I've just read Alex Ferguson's auto biography. Managers can only be effective if they have the right amount of control. An owner who only appoints Yes Men (and women) cannot succeed. His dictatorial approach is wrong and he has to go. No let up. His ego will not change so we have to keep hurting him economically.

In League 1, away games only.
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

I can't think of a good word to say about any of them.

I did think that at least we won't go bust with Duchatelet as owner, now I think I'd rather go bust if it meant he didn't own us any more.

I can't see RD firing KM. I had thought earlier in the season that this could be a good answer, RD realises what's gone wrong, fires KM and a new CEO gets some power to run the club.

I no longer believe this is possible. And that is a shame.

I firmly believe the whole lot needs to trot on to make the club viable again.

I felt exactly the same, it's really sad isn't it? Roland could've probably appeased a large chunk of the fans by openly saying: "Mistakes have been made, I accept that and I take responsibility. As of today we have a new and experienced CEO arriving at Charlton, and we will be assessing our attitudes towards scouting and player recruitment.", instead he's lied and openly supported Katrien whilst she digs herself further in to a hole.

His arrogance and delusions know no limit.

BTW mate, classy gesture with the involvement on Saturday.

Very well said, Lookie. Can't help laughing at the stupid names, either. I mean Belgium Bun and Alan Alsace? Either this is being done "under orders" and there is a subtle rebellion going on or they really are ludicrously ignorant and stupid.

Where's all this happening ?
    There's been about three threads in the last two days, new posters who are very anti-CARD. That in itself is actually positive, as it would appear that even those who don't support CARD are willing to openly discuss the situation, unfortunately they've all posted in very similar ways and been unable to debate the issues at hand.
    Thanks Lucky, any chance of naming the threads, unfortunately my time on here is a bit limited & just recently there seems so much new content I can't keep up :-) thanks
  • LuckyReds said:

I think it's interesting that some of the criticisms by these new posters revolve around the same issues and, regardless of the source of these posters, I think it does demonstrate that there are very few points being levelled against CARD at the moment. Notably, these points appear to be:

1. No one is willing to put money behind the club
    2. The Academy is the future
    3. CARD is a group who are angling for jobs under a new regime (<-- Can someone cast some light on this one please?!!)</li>
    Most people seem to be capable of dispelling (1), namely due to Peter Varney as well as Katrien's own acknowledgement of potential buyers being readily available. Similarly, argument (2) has very little merit but seems to be a method of framing discussion around Roland's only real positive action - investment in our academy. These two points are very easy to tackle head on.

What is most peculiar however, is the more recent assertion that CARD are investing time and effort in trying to overthrow a regime in the hope of having their CV at the top of the pile for new jobs! This is very bizarre and that leads me to find it difficult to really argue against - it's just strange.

Ultimately, the first two points should no longer even be a conversation point though. Which means if these posters genuinely are from the club then they have no ammunition at all - they are truly on their last legs if they need to resort to accusations of devious job hunting tactics. The only reason this would be mentioned and spread out is to discredit CARD with other supporters - whilst also perhaps being an underhanded dig at a certain Airman who frequents this forum - I think that too is easily defeated though. I'd go as far as to suggest it could be argued against with one sentence; "It's a matter of trust, and do you trust those who are life long supporters or the regime who have been here two years and got us relegated?". I genuinely don't think it can be made much more clear than that.
    Didn't Pinocchio try & discredit Peter Varney by claiming that talk of his investor was somehow linked to him angling for a pay rise down in Ebbsfleet. 2nd hand info so apologies if I have that wrong ?
  • edited April 2016

LuckyReds said:

I can't think of a good word to say about any of them.

I did think that at least we won't go bust with Duchatelet as owner, now I think I'd rather go bust if it meant he didn't own us any more.

I can't see RD firing KM. I had thought earlier in the season that this could be a good answer, RD realises what's gone wrong, fires KM and a new CEO gets some power to run the club.

I no longer believe this is possible. And that is a shame.

I firmly believe the whole lot needs to trot on to make the club viable again.

I felt exactly the same, it's really sad isn't it? Roland could've probably appeased a large chunk of the fans by openly saying: "Mistakes have been made, I accept that and I take responsibility. As of today we have a new and experienced CEO arriving at Charlton, and we will be assessing our attitudes towards scouting and player recruitment.", instead he's lied and openly supported Katrien whilst she digs herself further in to a hole.

His arrogance and delusions know no limit.

BTW mate, classy gesture with the involvement on Saturday.

Very well said, Lookie. Can't help laughing at the stupid names, either. I mean Belgium Bun and Alan Alsace? Either this is being done "under orders" and there is a subtle rebellion going on or they really are ludicrously ignorant and stupid.

Where's all this happening ?
    There's been about three threads in the last two days, new posters who are very anti-CARD. That in itself is actually positive, as it would appear that even those who don't support CARD are willing to openly discuss the situation, unfortunately they've all posted in very similar ways and been unable to debate the issues at hand.
    Thanks Lucky, any chance of naming the threads, unfortunately my time on here is a bit limited & just recently there seems so much new content I can't keep up :-) thanks
    No worries, you're not missing much ;) These are the main two I've been posting in, but I think there may have been another one or two:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72506/should-we-not-be-honest-promise-a-route-to-the-premiership-to-attract-the-very-best-young-talent#latest

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72495/is-card-dealing-from-the-right-deck

LuckyReds said:

I think it's interesting that some of the criticisms by these new posters revolve around the same issues and, regardless of the source of these posters, I think it does demonstrate that there are very few points being levelled against CARD at the moment. Notably, these points appear to be:

1. No one is willing to put money behind the club
    2. The Academy is the future
    3. CARD is a group who are angling for jobs under a new regime (<-- Can someone cast some light on this one please?!!)</li>
    Most people seem to be capable of dispelling (1), namely due to Peter Varney as well as Katrien's own acknowledgement of potential buyers being readily available. Similarly, argument (2) has very little merit but seems to be a method of framing discussion around Roland's only real positive action - investment in our academy. These two points are very easy to tackle head on.

What is most peculiar however, is the more recent assertion that CARD are investing time and effort in trying to overthrow a regime in the hope of having their CV at the top of the pile for new jobs! This is very bizarre and that leads me to find it difficult to really argue against - it's just strange.

Ultimately, the first two points should no longer even be a conversation point though. Which means if these posters genuinely are from the club then they have no ammunition at all - they are truly on their last legs if they need to resort to accusations of devious job hunting tactics. The only reason this would be mentioned and spread out is to discredit CARD with other supporters - whilst also perhaps being an underhanded dig at a certain Airman who frequents this forum - I think that too is easily defeated though. I'd go as far as to suggest it could be argued against with one sentence; "It's a matter of trust, and do you trust those who are life long supporters or the regime who have been here two years and got us relegated?". I genuinely don't think it can be made much more clear than that.
    Didn't Pinocchio try & discredit Peter Varney by claiming that talk of his investor was somehow linked to him angling for a pay rise down in Ebbsfleet. 2nd hand info so apologies if I have that wrong ?
    That rings a bell actually, if it wasn't Pinocchio herself then it was definitely mentioned by someone from the club.

I seem to recall that Varney went as far as to issue a Press Release shortly, specifically mentioning his commitment to Ebbsfleet and the new deal that he had signed.
  • seth plum said:

Belgiumbun you say the club is suffering, but I think you are mistaken. The club isn't suffering because it has basically closed down.
    The club is non existent, I don't know what you might call Charlton Athletic now but is isn't really a football club is it?

You are right Belgi Bum. The Club is suffering. Not from CARD, but from the poor decisions from those who are in charge. We can only hope to influence decisions and actions. Only those who are in power can make the decisions. Where the club are is totally down to them. End of. They are not fit for purpose. Need to go. Now.
  • Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

You are right Belgi Bum. The Club is suffering. Not from CARD, but from the poor decisions from those who are in charge. We can only hope to influence decisions and actions. Only those who are in power can make the decisions. Where the club are is totally down to them. End of. They are not fit for purpose. Need to go. Now.
    There will be a CARD section in the museum :)