Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
There's a lot going around at the moment, on here and elsewhere, and I think it's best to ignore it. Misinformation, confusion and outright lies, spread to undermine our efforts. It's a political strategy that is effective in driving a wedge, but only if we let it.

If anything, it signals the last gasp of a dying regime. I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better and I'm sure the current board and their hired help have a few more nasty, petty and vindictive tricks up their collective sleeve.

As they apply pressure, everyone who is supportive of the protest actions needs to do their part in the manner they're comfortable with and trust in the power of their own convictions. No one's telling anyone what to do. We're organising, coming together, sharing ideas and skills. Supporters are finding the ideas and actions that they identify with and are pitching in, as evidenced by those making the match day protests happen. It's a broad church and we have to use everything at our disposal to be effective. We all have a role to play, but in order to be effective we have to be united. That doesn't mean that we all agree on everything, or believe the exact same things.

It means we are supportive of each other as we stand shoulder to shoulder and refuse to be fractured.

Comments

• Very well said Lookie
  • Well said and I agree
  • NO fear, uncertainty OR doubt.
  • Spot on. That they are rattled is there for all to see. They have failed to win over fans and the media, after a brief flurry of sympathy generated by Squirrel Face playing the victimised female card, have twigged they are utterly inept. Keep going, they are on the retreat
  • 10pts in 5 games and a last minute winner causes the uncertainty.

If we'd lost 5 straight there would be very few rumblings.
  • 10pts in 5 games and a last minute winner causes the uncertainty.

If we'd lost 5 straight there would be very few rumblings.

It's a pain isn't it

90%
  • Well said Lookie, totally agree ...these posts prove they are losing ...disinformation is now their only option ...the end-game begins.
  • I should also add: now us the time to stay together.

We will win.
  • Only just caught this thread and Belgian Bum's pathetic attempt at fracturing CARD's initiative & support has now become crystal clear.

They don't like it up 'em, Mr Mainwaring !
  • Sponsored links:

• Spot on Lookie, but for a moment there I thought this was the announcement of three new signings.
  • Stig said:

Excellent post LoOkOuT. They are rattled big time and this is a sign of it. They haven't dared making any statements yet for fear that they cock it up again. The business with the Met Police backfired in their faces when Card called their bluff. They painted themselves into a corner and they know it. So now they're trying a little diversionary tactic, trying to get people on the back of Card. Well, like everything else they do they will fail.

Everyone knows who the goodies and the baddies are and everyone's cheering because the baddies are on the ropes. Keep up the good work everyone. The signs of strain are showing.

https://staddickstics.wordpress.com/2016/04/04/signs-of-strain-showing-on-charlton-regime/

great blog
  • Another thread has popped up - this time praising our attitude towards the academy and the viability that comes with our policy of bringing youth players through to the full team.

It was shot down pretty quickly by every response. This isn't quite going the way they expected it is it?
  • FUD, sounds like the South London answer to Barcelona's MSN
  • Excellent post looky.
    We are the Charlton fanatics. Look at our history, we always come together using many varied and innovative ways to protect our club. We have a lifelong duty to ensure survival and we will always fight until we win. This regime is interim we are permanent.
    All together now marching forward side by side.
    THEY ARE RATTLED AND ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.

COYR
  • Very well said, Lookie. Can't help laughing at the stupid names, either. I mean Belgium Bun and Alan Alsace? Either this is being done "under orders" and there is a subtle rebellion going on or they really are ludicrously ignorant and stupid.

I'm looking forward to seeing Merksem Misfit, Leuven Loony and Wolverhmpton Wally on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very well said, Lookie. Can't help laughing at the stupid names, either. I mean Belgium Bun and Alan Alsace? Either this is being done "under orders" and there is a subtle rebellion going on or they really are ludicrously ignorant and stupid.

Had been looking at the content rather than the names but you are so right ...strange choice of user ID's.
  • It feels as if we've reached the stage where the regime is still in power, but it's no longer in authority.
    They've lost the power to dictate events and are being out-thought at every turn.

And because Duchâtelet, Meire, Murray and Testicle have driven out or alienated anyone sensible with expertise about the club, its fanbase and its community, they'll run out of options very soon. I expect they're praying for the season to end so their fortnightly beatings can stop. Of course, relegation will open up a whole new world of pain for them, but they're too vain to see that.

Keep it up. And keep laughing at them.

And the close season cannot be the end for us...the pressure must stay on.
  • I can't think of a good word to say about any of them.

I did think that at least we won't go bust with Duchatelet as owner, now I think I'd rather go bust if it meant he didn't own us any more.

I can't see RD firing KM. I had thought earlier in the season that this could be a good answer, RD realises what's gone wrong, fires KM and a new CEO gets some power to run the club.

I no longer believe this is possible. And that is a shame.

I firmly believe the whole lot needs to trot on to make the club viable again.
  • I think the best thing he's done for us is to keep Meire in charge. She is so hopelessly incompetent and everyone knows it. All the time Merde is there, there is no question that anyone will go soft on the regime.
  • It's the little things like the restored pride.
    We are just packing for a few days in Devon and my boy is insisting on wearing his Charlton shirt 'so everyone can see it'.

I will keep an eye out for it. I can usually be seen with a Charlton hat.

Where's all this happening ?
  • edited April 2016

I can't think of a good word to say about any of them.

I did think that at least we won't go bust with Duchatelet as owner, now I think I'd rather go bust if it meant he didn't own us any more.

I can't see RD firing KM. I had thought earlier in the season that this could be a good answer, RD realises what's gone wrong, fires KM and a new CEO gets some power to run the club.

I no longer believe this is possible. And that is a shame.

I firmly believe the whole lot needs to trot on to make the club viable again.

I felt exactly the same, it's really sad isn't it? Roland could've probably appeased a large chunk of the fans by openly saying: "Mistakes have been made, I accept that and I take responsibility. As of today we have a new and experienced CEO arriving at Charlton, and we will be assessing our attitudes towards scouting and player recruitment.", instead he's lied and openly supported Katrien whilst she digs herself further in to a hole.

His arrogance and delusions know no limit.

BTW mate, classy gesture with the involvement on Saturday.

Very well said, Lookie. Can't help laughing at the stupid names, either. I mean Belgium Bun and Alan Alsace? Either this is being done "under orders" and there is a subtle rebellion going on or they really are ludicrously ignorant and stupid.

Where's all this happening ?
    There's been about three threads in the last two days, new posters who are very anti-CARD. That in itself is actually positive, as it would appear that even those who don't support CARD are willing to openly discuss the situation, unfortunately they've all posted in very similar ways and been unable to debate the issues at hand.