Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester

Comments

• Options

Chelsea v Spurs is a big one now... Ironic that the current Champions have a huge say in who takes their mantle

I hope it goes down to the wire and Leicester celebrate a premier league title at Stamford bridge....
  • Options
    Farcical finish, the referee was clearly shitting himself and decided to even things up with the Leicester penalty at the end.

By that stage he would probably have given Leicester a penalty if one of their players had even looked at at Wet Spam player in the box, let alone touched them.
  • Options

Farcical finish, the referee was clearly shitting himself and decided to even things up with the Leicester penalty at the end.

By that stage he would probably have given Leicester a penalty if one of their players had even looked at at Wet Spam player in the box, let alone touched them.

Why didn't he give the one 3 minutes earlier then? Did he only start shitting himself with a minute to go?
  • Options

Why didn't he give the one 3 minutes earlier then? Did he only start shitting himself with a minute to go?
    Only he can answer that, I would imagine the fact he turned down the earlier one meant he felt even more compelled to give the one he did.

Either way, you know full well that in the first minute at 0-0 then he would never have given a penalty for that, utterly mad decision but it shows that refs are human and vulnerable to the same emotions that players are.
  • Options
    I've been watching football for over 50 years. Now have to admit I no longer know what a foul is.
  • Options
    didnt watch the leicester game but i watched the barca game last night i dont think ive ever seen such a whiny team literally 5/6 of them surrounding the ref after every single stop of play, was even better when valencia won 2-1 think the refs need to have some sort of control of the match, for me i think they are far too easily influenced, really think we could learn a thing from rugby, speaking with the captains etc.
  • Options
    On the second yellow, it's not a pen, but that doesn't make it a dive, refs have to stop thinking its that binary now.
  • Options
    The earliest Leicester can will the title is Monday 25 April – should Spurs lose at Stoke on Monday (remaining on 65 points) and Claudio Ranieri’s side beat Swansea next Sunday they would go 11 points clear (76 points), and a Spurs home defeat to West Brom the following evening would leave them unable to haul back the gap, with just three matches remaining.

Should all Leicester and Tottenham win all their remaining matches, the Foxes would be on course to lift the title in front of their own fans, against Everton in the late kick-off on Saturday 7 May.
  • Options
    Vardy was so unlucky, both yellows could easily have just been ignored. First yellow nothing was in it and second - I've seen those pens given. Plus there was clearly contact and it's nippy striker 101 to go in front of the defender and slow down and wait for contact.
  • Options
    Wonder if the decision making from Moss wasnt helped by the Kevin Friend debate over the last week.

Of course Jon Moss wasnt involved but when the integrity of your profession is called out like that, its bound to make the others all think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vardy 1st yellow not for me
    Vardy 2nd yellow definite he's looking for the pen all day
    West Ham pen yes again but then there should be pens time and time again for this as per huth in the last few minutes
    Leicester pen not a chance in hell

I don't think he got that much wrong just people falling over themselves for Leicester to win it
  • Options
    Vardy 1st yellow - no
    Vardy 2nd yellow - yes

West Ham pen - no way
    Huth pen - possibly
    Leicester 94th pen - no way.

1-1 overall
  • Options
    In all this controversy Cresswell's superb goal has been overlooked.
  • Options
    1st Yellow No, 2nd Yellow no, West Ham pen no, Huth 50/50 and the equalising pen no chance.

The problem is he got the big decision wrong, which influenced the game, Leicester keeping 11 on the pitch, and they win at a canter.
  • Options
    Here's a picture I saw about three years ago. It was a photoshopped picture posted by someone on Twitter right after a ManU game. IIRC, Moss sent someone off, which changed the game and helped ManU get all three points. I just can't remember who the opponents were. Yesterday Vardy may have dived but overall the referee had a mare. That's for sure.

• Options
    Leicester v Swansea 2-1 76
    Spurs v West Brom 1-0 68

Man U v Leicester 1-0 76
    Chelsea v Spurs 2-1 68

Leicester v Everton 1-0 79
    Spurs v Southampton 3-0 71

Chelsea v Leicester 2-0 79
    Newcastle v Spurs 0-2 74

SAFE
  • Options
    Think Man Utd v Leicester will be a draw whilst Chelsea v Spurs will either be a draw or away win.
  • Options
    Vardy charged with improper conduct after his red card yesterday.
  • Options
    I actually think Leicester will slip up a bit but still win it by one point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Rothko said:

1st Yellow No, 2nd Yellow no, West Ham pen no, Huth 50/50 and the equalising pen no chance.

The problem is he got the big decision wrong, which influenced the game, Leicester keeping 11 on the pitch, and they win at a canter.

Cheers Howard Webb.
  • Options
    from what I saw of the game, Vardy was out of order, he dived, was bang to rights for a second yellow and then had to be persuaded to get off the pitch after an unjustified right go at the ref .. Let's hope that Jamie, the Sheffield shocker has not got so big for his boots that he thinks he's above 'the law' .. as for Huth .. I am guessing here .. perhaps he was given a final warning about holding and pushing, he ignored it, was all over Reid and the resulting pen was justified, as was Carrolls charge on whoever it was he barged over (can't remember)
  • Options
    Come on Stoke
  • Options
    The original one match ban would be the home game against Swansea, a game Leicester should win

The second match, if the ban is extended, is away at Man U a much harder prospect, them Man U still in the CL hunt, and LVG's turgid style

• Options
    Leicester will beat Everton and Swansea, so Spurs will need to win all 5.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I've been watching football for over 50 years. Now have to admit I no longer know what a foul is.

It's when you punch an unsuspecting celebrity in the face.
  • Options

If they hold on tonight I can see them doing just that. West Brom and Southampton at home, away at Chelsea who are on their summer holidays and Newcastle who will likely be down.
  • Options
    Talal said:

If they hold on tonight I can see them doing just that. West Brom and Southampton at home, away at Chelsea who are on their summer holidays and Newcastle who will likely be down.
    And if so they'll deserve it.

Although that's assuming Leicester get only a point at best from the other two games.
  • Options
    Always wanted Leicester to win the Prem, but after watching them v West Ham, i thought they were the most cynical team i've seen for a long time .