Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oi Katrien, pre-poured hot drinks, really ???

Comments

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

Went into crossbars for a look at half time!!

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!
    Pint and a bag of crisps! Priceless!

It made me angry, what is wrong with people!!! STOP SPENDING MONEY AT THE VALLEY FUCK SAKE!!!

Agree with you mate. I do think we need to do more to promote this!

When it was first announced, there was a lot of emphasis on that particular day. Think CARD needs to re-emphasise that we shouldn't be spending anything I'm the valley at all.

It should be in every statement and every video. Need to get the message across. Not a penny more.
    I believe the Jackpot winner only won £295 today...

It has been near to £1,000 at times in the good old days so CARD's influence has been having a definite effect here.

I think it was about £115 at the MK Dons game? Bit sad when the 2nd prize was the standard £100.
  • Was in the West Upper today (first time in quite a while) and noticed they only had one of the food/drink bars open, and that wasn't doing much business
  • Well, what do you guys expect from Catering Merde and Rollin Duckshitalley? Lets hope Brexit goes some way towards stopping this stupidity.
  • sam3110 said:

I went to Leverkusen last night, the beers are prepoured there, about 3/4 full. They then top them up once ordered, they have people at the Front taking the order and people at the back pouring the drinks and making up the food orders. 10000000x more efficient and a decent pint to boot. (Gaffel Kölsch if anyone wanted to know)

Honestly we could learn a shit tonne from them, I'll be doing a little writeup about when I get back tomorrow

Great there, smart card, drive through McDonald's when I went be great for an update from there.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

It made me angry, what is wrong with people!!! STOP SPENDING MONEY AT THE VALLEY FUCK SAKE!!!

Agree with you mate. I do think we need to do more to promote this!

When it was first announced, there was a lot of emphasis on that particular day. Think CARD needs to re-emphasise that we shouldn't be spending anything I'm the valley at all.

It should be in every statement and every video. Need to get the message across. Not a penny more.
    I believe the Jackpot winner only won £295 today...

It has been near to £1,000 at times in the good old days so CARD's influence has been having a definite effect here.

Agreed and lots of people have got the message. And there are some who don't care and will always spend money there..

However I have spoken to others who were under the impression it was just for that one match.. just think the point needs a little more emphasis.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

It made me angry, what is wrong with people!!! STOP SPENDING MONEY AT THE VALLEY F__K SAKE!!!

So I take it you went and said all this to the people buying in there? Or was it another "we're on the pitch" easier typed on the internet than actually done!!!
  • Well, what do you guys expect from Catering Merde and Rollin Duckshitalley? Lets hope Brexit goes some way towards stopping this stupidity.

There will be no Brexit due to the fear campaign the government are running.
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

But people moan when they can't get served at half time because it takes too long to serve.

Same with beers - people moan it takes too long and that we should pre pour a load for the half time rush.

Damned if they do.....

Nobody forced them to run the business...
    That's irrelevant. Whoever serves it will be too slow so they try to do something a bit better and get grief.
    I get pre-pouring beer. Happens at most grounds and as long as it is not pre-poured too far in advance it's not an issue. Buta hot drink - here's the twist - gets cold quite quickly, Plus, it takes about three seconds to fill a plastic cup with hot water and lob in coffee/tea ... it's not bloody Costa Coffee, even if they charge as if it was. The guy in front of me last week had the cheek to complain that his 14 chips were cold - after he had almost had a coronary when told how much they cost - and while he was grudgingly handed a hot replacement, the cold chips were put back in the oven for the next poor bugger.

All round, great catering ...
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

It made me angry, what is wrong with people!!! STOP SPENDING MONEY AT THE VALLEY F__K SAKE!!!

So I take it you went and said all this to the people buying in there? Or was it another "we're on the pitch" easier typed on the internet than actually done!!!
    List what you have done to help with the protests and I will answer you if it even comes close to my involvement!

Or just sit and be a smart are online!
  • Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

I'm watching Charlton, beer is a prerequisite to making it tolerable
  • CAFCsayer said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

I'm watching Charlton, beer LSD with a quart of gin chaser is a prerequisite to making it tolerable
    Fixed that for you....
  • aren't the catering outlets managed by an outside company, so whether we use then or not makes no difference to CAFC this season but affects the catering company, or does CAFC take a percentage of the profits?????

which ever it is it will affect CAFC in the long run as an outside company won't want to manage outlets that do not make sufficient profit.
  • ...You didn't say anything to them then but preferred to slag them off over the internet?...

It's a really weird argument that say's you can't say anything on the internet unless you've said it in person. There are many good reasons why a person might shy away from saying anything on the day but still choose to say it online. It doesn't mean that the argument is any less valid because it's not been said personally.

aren't the catering outlets managed by an outside company, so whether we use then or not makes no difference to CAFC this season but affects the catering company, or does CAFC take a percentage of the profits?????

which ever it is it will affect CAFC in the long run as an outside company won't want to manage outlets that do not make sufficient profit.

Yes they are managed by an outside company. But that doesn't mean that it makes no difference this season, because that company will still make representations to the regime if a backlash against the club's ineffective ownership is costing them money.

Why would it?
  • aren't the catering outlets managed by an outside company, so whether we use then or not makes no difference to CAFC this season but affects the catering company, or does CAFC take a percentage of the profits?????

Charlton get a percentage.
  • edited April 2016
  • edited April 2016
    For some reason I just panicked and thought April 2nd was a month ago...

What I had said was - maybe programme should urge people to boycott?

What was Saturday's attendance? The £295 top prize could relate to the fact we have a lot less fans attending.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

List what you have done to help with the protests and I will answer you if it even comes close to my involvement!

Very mature I forgot you're such a hero and in the Belgium 20 so you are above everyone else. You didn't say anything to them then but preferred to slag them off over the internet? Anyway why is the almighty one speaking to a mere commoner like me? ON THE PITCH!!!!
    I have indeed spoken to a few of them and they said that they thought the boycott was only for one game, others expressed they couldn't live without a pint :)

Doesn't stop it annoying me though!

Would you like to come to Belgium with us? inbox me as anyone is welcome, we can then perhaps have a beer and you will see how silly your comments are, as I'm by no means above anyone - well perhaps my height.

If you would like to be involved with a pitch invasion you can also inbox me and I will both explain what happened and help you planning one if you like.

But I'm sure once you hear the whole story you would have taken the same action/inaction as I did.

Instead of making ill advised sarcastic comments for a few LOLS perhaps you should make effort to talk with me privately as some things I just cant share on the open forum.

It is also disappointing that you have this view on the Belgium 20 - we did it for our club not self gratification. am I proud of myself? FUCKING RITE I AM! do I think I'm better than anyone else - Absolutely not!

Hundreds of people have helped with the protests and I doubt you will find any that feel they are superior! they might be a little upset with people on here who are all talk and no action, but then that's life!

As I said we are off out to Belgium again sometime and you are more than welcome to come.
  • Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

Very mature I forgot you're such a hero and in the Belgium 20 so you are above everyone else. You didn't say anything to them then but preferred to slag them off over the internet? Anyway why is the almighty one speaking to a mere commoner like me? ON THE PITCH!!!!
    Would you like to come to Belgium with us? inbox me as anyone is welcome, we can then perhaps have a beer and you will see how silly your comments are, as I'm by no means above anyone - well perhaps my height.

As I said we are off out to Belgium again sometime and you are more than welcome to come.
    Belgian Boozey Bender Round 2!

Do dah do do dah do do do, oi oi oi

Booze up lads, hold a banner, booze up some more, wheeey, get the van full of cheap booze, beach balls and stress balls back before customs notice.

#LADSONTOUR

:wink:

Just kidding... Please don't bite my head off for seeing the funny side or invite me to Belgium, it holds no attraction for me.
  • Well unlike others I feel we should be more open with our protest plans - obviously not give away dates and stuff but the fans should be aware so they can take part!

If it was as the above then I would be out there every week lol it is actually very stressful arranging it and stuff :(

the stress balls may help though lol
  • edited April 2016
    CARD's position is not to buy them so if you do and they are rubbish or cold, your own fault.
  • Stopped buying anything bought one of those small flasks that holds a cup and a half and it's perfect, Coffees better too. Won't spend one extra penny at the ground.

That said this argument about "well they do it this way at such and such a place" is a proper wind up because the answer is "yes and it's fucking cold there as well"
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Well unlike others I feel we should be more open with our protest plans - obviously not give away dates and stuff but the fans should be aware so they can take part!

If it was as the above then I would be out there every week lol it is actually very stressful arranging it and stuff :(

the stress balls may help though lol

I agree you should be able to be more open, sadly I think I get why you can't.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

I have indeed spoken to a few of them and they said that they thought the boycott was only for one game, others expressed they couldn't live without a pint :)

If you would like to be involved with a pitch invasion you can also inbox me and I will both explain what happened and help you planning one if you like.

But I'm sure once you hear the whole story you would have taken the same action/inaction as I did.

Instead of making ill advised sarcastic comments for a few LOLS perhaps you should make effort to talk with me privately as some things I just cant share on the open forum.

It is also disappointing that you have this view on the Belgium 20 - we did it for our club not self gratification. am I proud of myself? FUCKING RITE I AM! do I think I'm better than anyone else - Absolutely not!

Hundreds of people have helped with the protests and I doubt you will find any that feel they are superior! they might be a little upset with people on here who are all talk and no action, but then that's life!

So you did, why did you not say that when you first replied? You instead asked me to list what I've done compared to you in a "my dad's bigger than your dad," type comment which is exactly why I said about you being the almighty one (in your opinion the ill advised sarcastic comments) had you replied that first then these "ill advised sarcastic" comments wouldn't have been made. So do you not see how the "my dads bigger than your dad," comments might be perceived as acting like you're better than others?

I'm actually not protesting so I won't be one of the people wearing a free black and white scarf, stickers and pin badges etc. Before anyone wades in, that doesn't make me a "regime sympathiser" or in supporter of them in any sort of way. I don't like Roland and particularly Katrien the later because she's so far out her depth that it's unreal. But I'm almost certain there is loads of other chief executives completely out their depth around the football league. Of course they've got things very very wrong like going in under strengthed in cover at centre defence as well as signing Naby Sarr full stop but loads of club's have including our own in the past. The Carol saga I have to admit really did test my patience as again he was clearly out of his depth but no more than Dowie,Les Reid and Pardew (towards the end) I feel the protesting and especially so early in the season will put off suitable buyers with no affiliation to our club just as boycotting season tickets will, the clubs value will decline which will probably make Roland more reluctant to sell. if they hadn't bought us we were definitely heading to league one and administration. It's all well saying someone else would have bought us but remember a far bigger club than us North of the border became wound up and are now trading under a different name so there's no guarantees in football. Ultimately the biggest blow in my opinion this season is a crippling injury list which even the biggest squads in the division would struggle to cope with, our oppo tomorrow with (again in my opinion) one of best managers in this league would not be near where they are playing lsrgr parts of season without Murphy, Douglas and Chambers ( Bauer, Kashi, Vetokele) as well as others. There's so much more I could write but very difficult using a phone not a keyboard. I won't be replying to people about the last paragraph but just remember that if you're not protesting against them doesn't mean you're with them. Its not black and white (pun intended) there's plenty of grey areas and I'm sure there's plenty of people in same boat as me. Also for the record I have not objected at all to the protesting but felt the worse thing which was done was giving away the scarves, I felt if people felt strongly enough they'd buy one for a fiver and perhaps there would be less of the people in crossbars annoying you.

As for the sharing a drink with you, I'm not really into the meeting lifers online unless I've got a spare ticket etc and want to try help a fellow addick out. I'm sure though as you're a committed fan I've probably shared a drink an view with you at various away games as I try to make about 10 a season and often found in pubs and the away concourse till couple of minutes to kick off. I'll also decline on Belgium as don't earn a great deal and prefer to spend it on saving for a mortgage, holidays with Mrs, mates as well as away games.

As for the "on the pitch," you surely have to see that you opened yourself up to a lot of stick? And had it been me I'd certainly be taking it on the chin.

There will be no Brexit due to the fear campaign the government are running.
    Phew...
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

So you did, why did you not say that when you first replied? You instead asked me to list what I've done compared to you in a "my dad's bigger than your dad," type comment which is exactly why I said about you being the almighty one (in your opinion the ill advised sarcastic comments) had you replied that first then these "ill advised sarcastic" comments wouldn't have been made. So do you not see how the "my dads bigger than your dad," comments might be perceived as acting like you're better than others?

I'm actually not protesting so I won't be one of the people wearing a free black and white scarf, stickers and pin badges etc. Before anyone wades in, that doesn't make me a "regime sympathiser" or in supporter of them in any sort of way. I don't like Roland and particularly Katrien the later because she's so far out her depth that it's unreal. But I'm almost certain there is loads of other chief executives completely out their depth around the football league. Of course they've got things very very wrong like going in under strengthed in cover at centre defence as well as signing Naby Sarr full stop but loads of club's have including our own in the past. The Carol saga I have to admit really did test my patience as again he was clearly out of his depth but no more than Dowie,Les Reid and Pardew (towards the end) I feel the protesting and especially so early in the season will put off suitable buyers with no affiliation to our club just as boycotting season tickets will, the clubs value will decline which will probably make Roland more reluctant to sell. if they hadn't bought us we were definitely heading to league one and administration. It's all well saying someone else would have bought us but remember a far bigger club than us North of the border became wound up and are now trading under a different name so there's no guarantees in football. Ultimately the biggest blow in my opinion this season is a crippling injury list which even the biggest squads in the division would struggle to cope with, our oppo tomorrow with (again in my opinion) one of best managers in this league would not be near where they are playing lsrgr parts of season without Murphy, Douglas and Chambers ( Bauer, Kashi, Vetokele) as well as others. There's so much more I could write but very difficult using a phone not a keyboard. I won't be replying to people about the last paragraph but just remember that if you're not protesting against them doesn't mean you're with them. Its not black and white (pun intended) there's plenty of grey areas and I'm sure there's plenty of people in same boat as me. Also for the record I have not objected at all to the protesting but felt the worse thing which was done was giving away the scarves, I felt if people felt strongly enough they'd buy one for a fiver and perhaps there would be less of the people in crossbars annoying you.

As for the sharing a drink with you, I'm not really into the meeting lifers online unless I've got a spare ticket etc and want to try help a fellow addick out. I'm sure though as you're a committed fan I've probably shared a drink an view with you at various away games as I try to make about 10 a season and often found in pubs and the away concourse till couple of minutes to kick off. I'll also decline on Belgium as don't earn a great deal and prefer to spend it on saving for a mortgage, holidays with Mrs, mates as well as away games.

As for the "on the pitch," you surely have to see that you opened yourself up to a lot of stick? And had it been me I'd certainly be taking it on the chin.
    haha, i read that as 'holidays with Mrs' mates'

i was about to point out what an absolute ledge you are!

• Don't buy anything from the club or matchday operation, simple really.
    Hot drinks available elsewhere close to the ground - I know that means you can't have one at halftime.
    Bring a flask.
    That delaware mob will shortly get the hint, won't they?
    Aside from the political issue, the partially pre-poured pints system has worked fine anywhere I've seen it, football grounds, music festivals. The Valley's resistance to it is baffling - although fosters and john smiths are both awful so I can't figure how there's any demand at all. Pre-poured 'hot' drinks is fuckwittery of the lowest order.