Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oi Katrien, pre-poured hot drinks, really ???

They are not hot by the time they are being sold as such. And as for the guy telling me that's what they do at Wembley, ffs. It's the valley and the ground is almost empty these days...

Comments

• an unhappy customer...
  • an unhappy customer...

Too right, they take my money for something that's offered and then don't deliver then one of us has got a problem
  • They are not hot by the time they are being sold as such. And as for the guy telling me that's what they do at Wembley, ffs. It's the valley and the ground is almost empty these days...

One thing I need to add to the general things that annoy. People who come out with "yeah but that's what they do at..." excues. Thats nice but we're not fucking there are we?!
  • Pre-poured hot drinks? What the fuck is that? They already have pre-prepared cups so that if you go and ask for a cup of water, they have to throw a tea bag and pre-powdered milk away.

Hmmm.

• But people moan when they can't get served at half time because it takes too long to serve.

Same with beers - people moan it takes too long and that we should pre pour a load for the half time rush.

Damned if they do.....
  • Swisdom said:

But people moan when they can't get served at half time because it takes too long to serve.

Same with beers - people moan it takes too long and that we should pre pour a load for the half time rush.

Damned if they do.....

Nobody forced them to run the business...
  • Swisdom said:

But people moan when they can't get served at half time because it takes too long to serve.

Damned if they do.....

That's irrelevant. Whoever serves it will be too slow so they try to do something a bit better and get grief.
  • Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

Went into crossbars for a look at half time!!

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!
    Pint and a bag of crisps! Priceless!

It made me angry, what is wrong with people!!! STOP SPENDING MONEY AT THE VALLEY FUCK SAKE!!!

Yeah, good thinking Batman, let's save Roland some money on bar staff wages, stewarding and electricity and if the fans are a little thirsty from supporting the team then that's just tough on them...
  • Swisdom said:

Damned if they do.....

The problem is that they do not employ enough staff. They should have one taking the order and one person making the drink. They don't though.

I would have thought we would be good at this sort of thing especially as Mr Cahones was top man at Wembley (apparently)
  • They are not hot by the time they are being sold as such. And as for the guy telling me that's what they do at Wembley, ffs. It's the valley and the ground is almost empty these days...

Are they suitable for vegetarians?

Are they suitable for vegetarians?
    Only if they don't don't like their hot drinks hot...still, at least they are helping Roland make a profit out of the club it seems...he must be relieved
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Damned if they do.....

That's irrelevant. Whoever serves it will be too slow so they try to do something a bit better and get grief.
    Cold or cool "hot" drinks? That's worse, not better.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

It made me angry, what is wrong with people!!! STOP SPENDING MONEY AT THE VALLEY FUCK SAKE!!!

Yeah, good thinking Batman, let's save Roland some money on bar staff wages, stewarding and electricity and if the fans are a little thirsty from supporting the team then that's just tough on them...
    Take your drink in with you. It's not rocket technology.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

You're so angry.

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Damned if they do.....

Yer I hate it when my pint gets cold... It's apples and oranges ffs
  • You don't keep the quests down by pre-pouring drinks, you keep them down by employing the correct number of appropriately skilled staff.

Strangely, this increases margins over and above employing a limited number of incompetent staff.

The same for the catering staff as it is for the management.

You get what you pay for and so don't be surprised when it doesn't deliver what you misguidedly thought it would.

Tossers.

I don't blame people for buying a beer in the ground, I have cut back but have still been known to despite strongly supporting the protests. I know it's a bit hypocritical but tough shit.
  • sam3110 said:

I went to Leverkusen last night, the beers are prepoured there, about 3/4 full. They then top them up once ordered, they have people at the Front taking the order and people at the back pouring the drinks and making up the food orders. 10000000x more efficient and a decent pint to boot. (Gaffel Kölsch if anyone wanted to know)

Honestly we could learn a shit tonne from them, I'll be doing a little writeup about when I get back tomorrow

They do it for a reason. Due to historical laws, German beer is not treated with the same chemical crap that our watery lager is. It causes their beer to 'froth up' a lot and take much longer to pour. I am guessing that the reason they fill loads up beforehand is to allow the beer to settle so they can then 'top up' when the half time rush is on.
  • she's probably spiked them with Mogadon to keep the restless troublemakers under control.
  • You don't keep the quests down by pre-pouring drinks, you keep them down by employing the correct number of appropriately skilled staff.

Strangely, this increases margins over and above employing a limited number of incompetent staff.

The same for the catering staff as it is for the management.

You get what you pay for and so don't be surprised when it doesn't deliver what you misguidedly thought it would.

Tossers.

I don't blame people for buying a beer in the ground, I have cut back but have still been known to despite strongly supporting the protests. I know it's a bit hypocritical but tough shit.

I think the protests are now going so well I think the odd beer is fine. They know they aren't wanted here and I expect if we continue RD will soon get the picture
  • sam3110 said:

I went to Leverkusen last night, the beers are prepoured there, about 3/4 full. They then top them up once ordered, they have people at the Front taking the order and people at the back pouring the drinks and making up the food orders. 10000000x more efficient and a decent pint to boot. (Gaffel Kölsch if anyone wanted to know)

Honestly we could learn a shit tonne from them, I'll be doing a little writeup about when I get back tomorrow

"We" could learn a lot, "They " are all knowing and do not want to learn.
  • Didn't Cajones work at Wembley?
  • Didn't Cajones work at Wembley?

Yep, for DNC I believe.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

Agree with you mate. I do think we need to do more to promote this!

When it was first announced, there was a lot of emphasis on that particular day. Think CARD needs to re-emphasise that we shouldn't be spending anything I'm the valley at all.

It should be in every statement and every video. Need to get the message across. Not a penny more.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Free scarf - CHECK!
    Free badge - CHECK!
    Free program - CHECK!

Agree with you mate. I do think we need to do more to promote this!

When it was first announced, there was a lot of emphasis on that particular day. Think CARD needs to re-emphasise that we shouldn't be spending anything I'm the valley at all.

It should be in every statement and every video. Need to get the message across. Not a penny more.
    I believe the Jackpot winner only won £295 today...

It has been near to £1,000 at times in the good old days so CARD's influence has been having a definite effect here.