Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Birmingham

124»

Comments

• Pope - 7 good solid performance no heart in mouth moments
    Motta - 7.5 really like this guy is very solid both in defence and attacks well
    Teixeira - 8.5 Really good display and an extra half point for the goal
    Fanni - 8 payed well and is forming a solid partnership with Tiexeira
    Fox - 6.5 best game I have seen him have for ages but still susceptible to players with pace
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 great goal and a committed peformance. Won't be here next season though
    Cousins - 8.5 Totally committed great energetic performance who ever gave him 3 needs an eye test
    Diarra - 9 MOM quality will out
    Suk-Young - 6.5 helps Fox out a lot
    Harriott - 6 Worked very hard but didn't have the impact we would hope for
    Vetokele -7 Gave the Birmingham defence a lot of problems good game and great to see him back
    Lookman - 7 gave Morrison and Robinson all sorts of problems . Should start every game mainly so we can enjoy him as he won't be here next season
  • Pope - 6
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 7
    Fanni - 8
    Fox - 5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Diarra - 9
    Suk-Young - 3
    Harriott - 5
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 7

Jackson n/a
    Makienok n/a
  • vff said:

vff said:

Pope - 7 not much to do but did everything he did do right.
    Motta - 7.5 great going forward. Still. A bit shaky at the back.
    Teixeira - 8.5 another top performance plus a goal. Becoming a fan favourite.
    Fanni - 7 solid, calm on the ball.
    Fox - 7.5 yet another solid game. Proving the idiots who can't say a a good word about him wrong.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 great goal and got in to the game. Reminiscent of last season.
    Cousins - 8.5 proper player with the club at heart. How he got a 3 above is beyond me. Must be blind.
    Diarra - 9 my MOTM great coming back on the defence and calm as anything on the ball. Imagine him in league 1.
    Suk-Young - 7 average performance. Does well helping out Fox.
    Harriott - 8 a few questionable decisions again but overall linked up well with Igor and Ade
    Vetokele - 8.5 desperately need him to stay fit if we want to stay up. Constant threat.
    Lookman - 8 brought a spark of energy on to the pitch. Changed the game.

How he got a three is that nearly every pass of any importance went astray and that's generally how he plays week after week. I fail to understand how people have given him 8s. To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end so I'm revising my mark:

Cousins - 3.5
    Sergeant why is everyone marching out of step with my son ?

3.5 ????? In the second half Cousins sprinted back to cover a break down the right side, dispossessing the Birmingham player on a dangerous run, winning the ball back without fouling the player. Brilliant tackle. That prompted, 'a Jordan Cousins he is one of our own' chant from the Covered End. Did you not see that ? Jordan Cousins was committed throughout, should be captain when Johnnie Jackson is not starting His passing was ok too.
    Of course I saw the tackle. I'm obviously more observant than you or you'd have seen my comment immediately above the revised score "To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end".
    3.5 ?????? @AddicksAddict though, Or you sure it wasn't because JC ran over your cat, or cut ahead of you in the Aldi checkout queue. Score a bit harsh maybe ?
    @vff The cat's lying on the end of the bed and we do our "it's not up to Waitrose standard but you can't argue with the prices" shopping at Lidl so I don't think it's for either of those reasons.

The score may be harsh but then again some other scores may be overly generous because "he's one of our own", although that doesn't seem to help Morgan, does it? I've explained my reasoning in an earlier post and this is my final comment on the matter.
    To give Jordan a mark of 3.5 suggests that he had an awful game, making numerous mistakes! He did not! You state that he gets over rated whereas Morgan fox doesn't, but then Morgan has a habit of playing like a fuckwit on a regular basis!! To downgrade a mark for Jordan because Morgan gets downgraded Is crass stupidity and makes a mockery of the scoring system
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 8
    Teixeira - 7
    Fanni - 8
    Fox - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Cousins - 8
    Diarra - 9 - MONSTER
    Suk-Young - 5
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 7
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 5
    Fanni - 6
    Fox - 4
    Berg Gudmundsson - 1
    Cousins - 7
    Diarra - 7
    Suk-Young - 4
    Harriott - 1
    Vetokele - 5
    Lookman - 6

Jackson n/a
    Makienok n/a
  • Pope - 7.5 Good handling and came out for crosses well.
    Motta - 6 Hot and cold. Good run or tackle followed by a bad pass. Prefer our Solly every day!!!!!!
    Teixeira - 8 Good game and took his chance well.
    Fanni - 7.5 Best game yet.
    Fox - 7.5 Better 2nd half. Good overall.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 Involved in most of the good play.
    Cousins - 9 All heart and a fair amount of skill.
    Diarra - 9.5 MOM what a player he must have been in his prime. Influential and gave all he had.
    Suk-Young - 6 Tries hard and has skill but not played in his best position.
    Harriott - 7 Tried a bit too hard today as his brain and feet were not always working together. Gives everything though!
    Vetokele - 7.5 Good game. Slowly becoming more effective after a long injury period and increasing fitness. Was shattered at the end of the game.
    Lookman - 9 Only on for the 2nd half but made a difference with his pace and forward running. Should have started!

Riga. Ignore Roland and play young Lookman from the start.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

vff said:

vff said:

Pope - 7 not much to do but did everything he did do right.
    Motta - 7.5 great going forward. Still. A bit shaky at the back.
    Teixeira - 8.5 another top performance plus a goal. Becoming a fan favourite.
    Fanni - 7 solid, calm on the ball.
    Fox - 7.5 yet another solid game. Proving the idiots who can't say a a good word about him wrong.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 great goal and got in to the game. Reminiscent of last season.
    Cousins - 8.5 proper player with the club at heart. How he got a 3 above is beyond me. Must be blind.
    Diarra - 9 my MOTM great coming back on the defence and calm as anything on the ball. Imagine him in league 1.
    Suk-Young - 7 average performance. Does well helping out Fox.
    Harriott - 8 a few questionable decisions again but overall linked up well with Igor and Ade
    Vetokele - 8.5 desperately need him to stay fit if we want to stay up. Constant threat.
    Lookman - 8 brought a spark of energy on to the pitch. Changed the game.

How he got a three is that nearly every pass of any importance went astray and that's generally how he plays week after week. I fail to understand how people have given him 8s. To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end so I'm revising my mark:

Cousins - 3.5
    Sergeant why is everyone marching out of step with my son ?

3.5 ????? In the second half Cousins sprinted back to cover a break down the right side, dispossessing the Birmingham player on a dangerous run, winning the ball back without fouling the player. Brilliant tackle. That prompted, 'a Jordan Cousins he is one of our own' chant from the Covered End. Did you not see that ? Jordan Cousins was committed throughout, should be captain when Johnnie Jackson is not starting His passing was ok too.
    Of course I saw the tackle. I'm obviously more observant than you or you'd have seen my comment immediately above the revised score "To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end".
    3.5 ?????? @AddicksAddict though, Or you sure it wasn't because JC ran over your cat, or cut ahead of you in the Aldi checkout queue. Score a bit harsh maybe ?
    @vff The cat's lying on the end of the bed and we do our "it's not up to Waitrose standard but you can't argue with the prices" shopping at Lidl so I don't think it's for either of those reasons.

The score may be harsh but then again some other scores may be overly generous because "he's one of our own", although that doesn't seem to help Morgan, does it? I've explained my reasoning in an earlier post and this is my final comment on the matter.
    To give Jordan a mark of 3.5 suggests that he had an awful game, making numerous mistakes! He did not! You state that he gets over rated whereas Morgan fox doesn't, but then Morgan has a habit of playing like a fuckwit on a regular basis!! To downgrade a mark for Jordan because Morgan gets downgraded Is crass stupidity and makes a mockery of the scoring system
    My impression during the game, on which I based my mark, and I fail to see on what else I could base my mark, was that he continually lost the ball in important situations. It would appear from the statbank that his passing accuracy was 84%. I would need to watch a reply of the game to see how much of that 16% that failed was potentially costly, but it's possible I've over-reacted to those failed passes. I will not apologise for that because I can only mark on what I remembered of what I saw, or is the idea that I should see what others mark and then blindly follow suit?

I did not "state that he gets over rated(sic)", I posited the idea.

Where does my post mention downgrading Jordan's mark?

I'm happy to have a discussion about my marks but don't attribute remarks to me that I haven't made.
  • AA, I have deleted my comment on page 3.

However, if I rated a player 3/3.5 and virtually everyone else had him down as an average 8 and either MOM or runner up MOM, I think I would hold my hands up and recognise I must be wrong.
  • Ah, I was checking for that post after getting flagged for taking the lobotomy point a bit too far.

Apologies to @Addick Addict , I must have had a bit to drink and was trying to be funny and respond to the initial post without thinking I was actually being a rude twat.