Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Birmingham

Comments

• Pope - 7
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 7
    Fanni - 7
    Fox - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 8 Mom
    Diarra - 7.5
    Suk-Young - 5
    Harriott - 5
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 7
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 7
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 8
    Fox - 7
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Cousins - 9
    Diarra - 9
    Suk-Young - 6
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 8
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 7
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 8
    Fox - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 8.5
    Diarra - 8.5
    Suk-Young - 6
    Harriott - 5.5
    Vetokele - 7.5
    Lookman - 7.5
  • Pope - 7 What he needed to do, he did well.

Motta - 7 I really like him. Give us an attacking threat, and an aerial prowess, that Solly doesn't. Not played a lot of football, so fitness is still an issue, but improving with every game.

Teixeira - 7.5 Proving to be an excellent partner to Fanni. Bauer will struggle to get back into the team.

Fanni - 8 Just a class act. With Diarra, a different level to the rest of the team. Still has enough pace from his full back days to cover behind Motta.

Fox - 7 Solid. Prefers cover in front of him when Yun is playing, but stepped up when the attacking option of Lookman came on.

Berg Gudmundsson - 7 Better performance than of late. I actually liked that he was booked, as he showed a passion that has sometimes been lacking of late.

Cousins - 8 Terrific captain's performance. Great ground covering, and driving the team on. If he could pass like some of you expect of him, he wouldn't be playing for Charlton Athletic. Let's be thankful for what we have. As I've said before, I don't get how Keith Jones can be the Messiah, but Jordan the anti-Christ...

Diarra - 8.5 MOTM. Simply, the best player on the park. Won header after header, and tackle after tackle. So rarely wastes a pass. Still showing some fitness issues after his long lay-off, but reads the game so well.

Suk-Young - 5 Not a great performance. Too many wayward passes, and not as good going forward as in recent games.

Harriott - 4 To put it simply, Birmingham's best player. Call um can be electrifying, and he can be a liability. Yesterday, he was the latter. Poor ball control, and gave the impression the he never once, in the whole game, looked like he ever knew what to do next. Still, never hid, and I will give him a good mark when he has his next good game.

Vetokele - 6.5 A fully fit Igor will be a great asset. Showed strength, commitment, and won a number of headers, when he had no right to. Gave the defence no end of trouble, and showed glimpses of his old pace. If we can keep him from injury, and improve his match fitness, could be a real asset in the run in. Wrap him in cotton wool between games, and get him in the gym...

Lookman - 6 Not Ade's best game, but good enough with flair and pace, to worry the defence. Did anyone else notice he shared tunnel jump duties with Igor?
  • Pope - 7.5
    Motta 8
    Teixeira 8
    Fanni 7
    Fox 7
    JBG - 7
    Cousins - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Suk Young - 6.5
    Harriott - 6.5
    Vetokele - 6.5
    Lookman - 7.5
  • Pope - 6
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 7
    Fox - 5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 9
    Diarra - 9
    Suk-Young - 4
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 7
  • Pope - 7 Largely untroubled. Dealt with the high ball well.
    Motta - 7 Like him but a red card waiting to happen.
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 8
    Fox - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 Looked interested for a change
    Cousins - 7
    Diarra - 7
    Suk-Young - 4 Not a left winger
    Harriott - 5 get a touch
    Vetokele - 7 still doesn't convince when in on goal but worked hard and the best of our mediocre bunch of forwards, besides Lookman
    Lookman - 7 so dangerous. Unless Riga is under orders why doesn't he start
  • vff said:

Pope - 7 not much to do but did everything he did do right.
    Motta - 7.5 great going forward. Still. A bit shaky at the back.
    Teixeira - 8.5 another top performance plus a goal. Becoming a fan favourite.
    Fanni - 7 solid, calm on the ball.
    Fox - 7.5 yet another solid game. Proving the idiots who can't say a a good word about him wrong.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 great goal and got in to the game. Reminiscent of last season.
    Cousins - 8.5 proper player with the club at heart. How he got a 3 above is beyond me. Must be blind.
    Diarra - 9 my MOTM great coming back on the defence and calm as anything on the ball. Imagine him in league 1.
    Suk-Young - 7 average performance. Does well helping out Fox.
    Harriott - 8 a few questionable decisions again but overall linked up well with Igor and Ade
    Vetokele - 8.5 desperately need him to stay fit if we want to stay up. Constant threat.
    Lookman - 8 brought a spark of energy on to the pitch. Changed the game.

How he got a three is that nearly every pass of any importance went astray and that's generally how he plays week after week. I fail to understand how people have given him 8s. To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end so I'm revising my mark:

Cousins - 3.5
    Sergeant why is everyone marching out of step with my son ?

3.5 ????? In the second half Cousins sprinted back to cover a break down the right side, dispossessing the Birmingham player on a dangerous run, winning the ball back without fouling the player. Brilliant tackle. That prompted, 'a Jordan Cousins he is one of our own' chant from the Covered End. Did you not see that ? Jordan Cousins was committed throughout, should be captain when Johnnie Jackson is not starting His passing was ok too.
    Of course I saw the tackle. I'm obviously more observant than you or you'd have seen my comment immediately above the revised score "To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end".
  • Pope - 7: did not have much to do but looked calm and assured throughout, as he has done since he came back into the team. Easily his best spell in the side.
    Motta - 6.5: looked vulnerable on a few occasions but did well overall. I like his attitude and his occasional deployment of the dark arts.
    Teixeira - 8: very solid and capped off his performance with another goal.
    Fanni - 8.5: MoM - showed all his quality and experience and made several excellent interceptions and blocks. Was left exposed one-on-one on several occasions, with Donaldson and Maghoma running dangerously into our area from our right flank, but he handled each one with aplomb.
    Fox - 6.5: exposed in the first half but much better in the second.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7: a much better and more committed display from Johan.
    Cousins - 8: dynamic, full of running and commitment and much better use of the ball in the second half. A real captain's performance and he should keep now the armband. I desperately hope that we can keep Jordan next season, as he is the heartbeat of the side.
    Diarra - 8.5: another excellent performance from a player who, notwithstanding his spell out, must be in the running for Player of the Year. This guy is a commensurate professional and it would be great if we could find a way to retain him next season.
    Suk-Young - 5.5: not much came off for him (and, indeed, the team as a whole) in the first half.
    Harriott - 4.5: despite his best efforts, almost nothing went right for Callum today. I would like to see him back out on the left, rather than as a makeshift striker, especially as we have a few options now, including Sanogo back from suspension.
    Vetokele - 7: a couple of weak efforts in the first half but Igor got stronger as the game went on and showed great power and skill to turn Birmingham's defenders several times in the second half. He took a few heavy tackles and looked cream crackered at the end. I hope he's ok for Tuesday but wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench.
    Lookman - 8: he introduced a new dimension to our attacking play. In addition to his speed and trickery, he demonstrates great football intelligence, especially for such an inexperienced player. Riga is going to have to use him more fully in our seven remaining games, as Ademola is easily our most potent attacking threat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pope - 7
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 7
    Fox - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Suk-Young - 5
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 7
  • vff said:

Fox - 7.5 yet another solid game. Proving the idiots who can't say a a good word about him wrong.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 great goal and got in to the game. Reminiscent of last season.
    Cousins - 8.5 proper player with the club at heart. How he got a 3 above is beyond me. Must be blind.
    Diarra - 9 my MOTM great coming back on the defence and calm as anything on the ball. Imagine him in league 1.
    Harriott - 8 a few questionable decisions again but overall linked up well with Igor and Ade
    Vetokele - 8.5 desperately need him to stay fit if we want to stay up. Constant threat.

How he got a three is that nearly every pass of any importance went astray and that's generally how he plays week after week. I fail to understand how people have given him 8s. To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end so I'm revising my mark:

Cousins - 3.5

3.5 ????? In the second half Cousins sprinted back to cover a break down the right side, dispossessing the Birmingham player on a dangerous run, winning the ball back without fouling the player. Brilliant tackle. That prompted, 'a Jordan Cousins he is one of our own' chant from the Covered End. Did you not see that ? Jordan Cousins was committed throughout, should be captain when Johnnie Jackson is not starting His passing was ok too.
    Of course I saw the tackle. I'm obviously more observant than you or you'd have seen my comment immediately above the revised score "To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end".
    3.5 ?????? @AddicksAddict though, Or you sure it wasn't because JC ran over your cat, or cut ahead of you in the Aldi checkout queue. Score a bit harsh maybe ?
  • edited April 2016
    Pope - 7 Didn't have a great deal to do
    Motta - 7 good but caught out of position a lot in the second half
    Teixeira - 8.5 hope he sees his contract out
    Fanni - 8.5 as good as teixeira
    Fox - 5 Bad first half, corner he gave away in the first half sums him up.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 his best game this season surprised he got substituted
    Cousins - 9.5 what a performance Charlton through and through. Absolutely outstanding.
    Diarra - 9 calm and the perfect defensive midfielder display
    Suk-Young - 6 didn't get into the game
    Harriott - 6 One of them games when nothing went right Missed a sitter too.
    Vetokele - 7.5 need him to stay fit
    Lookman - 8 has got to start
  • some bloke from the north gave cousins 3 he must have been watching a different game drove the team on
  • Pope - 8
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 8.5
    Fanni - 9
    Fox - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8
    Cousins - 9
    Diarra - 9
    Suk-Young - 6
    Harriott - 6.5
    Vetokele - 8
    Lookman - 7.5
  • BoughtonAddick - I think it was Suk-Young who gave away the corner, not Foxy.
  • edited April 2016
    Pope - 7 Did what he had to do and looks for confident generally than previously

Motta - 6.5 Nearly exposed once or twice when caught upfield but I like his energy and commitment. Good deputy for Solly

Teixeira - 7.5 This bloke is growing on me and what a goal at the end!

Fanni - 6.5 Did what he needed to

Fox - 7 Doesn't hide and comes back for more

Berg Gudmundsson - 7 Now you see him now you don't but an extra point for his goal

Cousins - 8.5 Excellent. Enjoy his last few games for Charlton why you can. MOM (just) from Alou)

Diarra - 8.5 I wish he'd been available all season. Brings out the best in the likes of Cousins

Suk-Young - 6 Nothing good or bad but felt the game passed him by a bit

Harriott - 7 Like Fox cocks up sometimes but keeps coming back for more. His nuisance value created the loose ball for JBG to slot home for the first. Hope he stays next season but can't see it

Vetokele - 7 Looked slimmer and nearly like the Igor of last season

Lookman - 7.5 Scares defenders and was the catalyst for our second half onslaught. Good corner too. Enjoy the few minutes more we will be allowed to see him!

No Fox gets blamed for everything.
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 8
    Teixeira - 7
    Fanni - 7.5
    Fox - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Cousins - 6.5
    Diarra - 6
    Suk-Young - 5
    Harriott - 4
    Vetokele - 6
    Lookman - 7

I think @Boughtonaddick is referring to the corner Fox gave away by shepherding it out as if for a goal kick! Was made to look really foolish
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone on here who gives Cousin less than 7 today needs a lobotomy

No need for that. While I only listened on Player and followed the thread, anyone who rated Cousins less than 6 either has had a lobotomy already or a lobotomy would make no difference to their perceptive ability.
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 8
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 7.5
    Fox - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 8.5
    Diarra - 9 MOM - best performance by anyone all season
    Suk-Young - 6.5
    Harriott - 6.5
    Vetokele - 7.5
    Lookman - 7.5

• edited April 2016
  • vff said:

vff said:

Cousins - 3.5

3.5 ?????? @AddicksAddict though, Or you sure it wasn't because JC ran over your cat, or cut ahead of you in the Aldi checkout queue. Score a bit harsh maybe ?
    @vff The cat's lying on the end of the bed and we do our "it's not up to Waitrose standard but you can't argue with the prices" shopping at Lidl so I don't think it's for either of those reasons.

The score may be harsh but then again some other scores may be overly generous because "he's one of our own", although that doesn't seem to help Morgan, does it? I've explained my reasoning in an earlier post and this is my final comment on the matter.
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 8
    Teixeira - 7
    Fanni - 7.5
    Fox - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Cousins - 6.5
    Diarra - 6
    Suk-Young - 5
    Harriott - 4
    Vetokele - 6
    Lookman - 7

You need to be careful; give JC less than 8 and you'd better be prepared for a stream of criticism, if not abuse.
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 7
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 7.5
    Fox - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 7.5
    Diarra - 8.5
    Suk-Young - 6.5
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 7.5
    Lookman - 7
  • I was only there for the second half, so can't give marks, but from what I saw, Cousins is getting overrated because of that one tackle, which Harriott replicated later on to noticeably less acclaim. I'd say he merited a 7 or a 7.5. Diarra closer to 9. But then, our defence was excellent too, and our attacking threat fairly potent.
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 7
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 7
    Fox - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Diarra - 8
    Suk-Young - 5
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 8
  • Taxi_Lad said:

BoughtonAddick - I think it was Suk-Young who gave away the corner, not Foxy.

I think @Boughtonaddick is referring to the corner Fox gave away by shepherding it out as if for a goal kick! Was made to look really foolish
    I was indeed taxi.
    Ta
  • There is a difference between a 6.5 and a 3.5. I thought Jordan was excellent in the first half too breaking up play and putting in a fantastic shift. Yes, one or two passes went astray but a lot were decent too. The energy levels he provided ensured we won the midfield battle hands down.