Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Birmingham

Comments

• colin1961 said:

One of our best performances of the season today and deserved the three points few very good displays

marks please

Pope - 7 safe catching but that's all he had to do
    Motta - 7 very strong
    Teixeira - 8 great goal but all round excellent performance and a partnership with Fanni that's looking strong
    Fanni - 8 excellent
    Fox - 4 the only disappontment today
    Berg Gudmundsson -
    Cousins - 8.5 best performance for a while give him the arm band full time and start building for next season
    Diarra - 9 MOM outstanding
    Suk-Young - 7 good little player must have been injured to be taken off
    Harriott - 6 lot he tired did not come off today but put himself about
    Vetokele -7 been out a while but looked strong and linked well good game
    Lookman - 7 gave Morrison and Robinson all sorts of problems .

What game did you watch?.Quite clearly you don't like Fox!...
  • Pope - 7 keeper sweeper when needed, claimed when he needed to. Kicking decent and quick.
    Motta - 7 love this guy. Good brain and lovely technique. Not the best defender on earth but loads of energy
    Teixeira - 8 love him. Really hope he stays next season
    Fanni - 8 now he's fit you can see he is class!
    Fox - 7 good today.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7 in and out but still such a dangerous player
    Cousins - 9 that armband brings out the best in him. If he could pass he'd be a premiership player so I'll take him as he is thanks
    Diarra - 9 mom just shaded Cousins. Enjoy him while we can.
    Suk-Young - 6
    Harriott - 5 tons of effort but his brain is too fast for his feet. Toblerone feet today. Old Callum was back
    Vetokele - 6 early on when he skinned Robinson I thought he was back to his best. Just needs the fitness and he'll be the player we wished we had all season. In time to be sold no doubt
    Lookman - 7 besides JBG the only player to get you off your seat. Enjoy him because we'll not have him for long (maybe next season if we are lucky)

Riga - acknowledged Robinson and Morrison turn like ocean-liners so played nippy little strikers. Everything went well today - enjoyable game and performance.

Ref - shit the bed he was awful!
    Lino by east stand - missed everything first half then had eyes of a hawk in the 2nd!

• your marks please

Pope 7 which is perhaps unfair as he had very little to do, but he did spill another low shot.
    Motta 7.5 gets forward well, strong as an ox, has trouble getting back at times.
    Teixeira 8.5
    Fanni 8
    Fox 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson 8.5
    Cousins 3 he has a great engine but such appalling technique.
    Diarra 7.5
    Suk-Young 6
    Harriott 2 did one thing right all afternoon, how he didn't get subbed I don't know.
    Vetokele 8
    Lookman 7

Jackson n/a
    Makienok n/a

I flagged you because I am offended by the marks you have given.
  • your marks please

Pope 7 which is perhaps unfair as he had very little to do, but he did spill another low shot.
    Motta 7.5 gets forward well, strong as an ox, has trouble getting back at times.
    Teixeira 8.5
    Fanni 8
    Fox 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson 8.5
    Cousins 3 he has a great engine but such appalling technique.
    Diarra 7.5
    Suk-Young 6
    Harriott 2 did one thing right all afternoon, how he didn't get subbed I don't know.
    Vetokele 8
    Lookman 7

Jackson n/a
    Makienok n/a

I flagged you because I am offended by the marks you have given.
    Bothered?
  • colin1961 said:

One of our best performances of the season today and deserved the three points few very good displays

marks please

Motta - 7 very strong
    Teixeira - 8 great goal but all round excellent performance and a partnership with Fanni that's looking strong
    Fanni - 8 excellent
    Berg Gudmundsson -
    Cousins - 8.5 best performance for a while give him the arm band full time and start building for next season

Obviously you did not think JBG was any good, as you gave him no marks

• Pope - 7.5
    Motta - 7.5
    Teixiera - 8.5
    Fanni - 7
    Fox - 8
    JBG - 7.5
    Cousins - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Suk-Young - 6
    Harriott - 6.5
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 7
  • Pope - 7 not much to do but did everything he did do right.
    Motta - 7.5 great going forward. Still. A bit shaky at the back.
    Teixeira - 8.5 another top performance plus a goal. Becoming a fan favourite.
    Fanni - 7 solid, calm on the ball.
    Fox - 7.5 yet another solid game. Proving the idiots who can't say a a good word about him wrong.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 great goal and got in to the game. Reminiscent of last season.
    Cousins - 8.5 proper player with the club at heart. How he got a 3 above is beyond me. Must be blind.
    Diarra - 9 my MOTM great coming back on the defence and calm as anything on the ball. Imagine him in league 1.
    Suk-Young - 7 average performance. Does well helping out Fox.
    Harriott - 8 a few questionable decisions again but overall linked up well with Igor and Ade
    Vetokele - 8.5 desperately need him to stay fit if we want to stay up. Constant threat.
    Lookman - 8 brought a spark of energy on to the pitch. Changed the game.

Nice one Harry; spot on.
  • That last minute goal has certainly put a few extra digits on some of these marks! ;)
  • Pope - 7.5
    Motta - 7
    Teixeira - 7.5
    Fanni - 7
    Fox - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 8
    Diarra - 7
    Suk-Young - 6.5
    Harriott - 5
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 6.5
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016
    Pope - 7 - Evidence of improved distribution, looking more composed with decent defenders infront of him
    Motta - 7 - steady, a battler and a professional performance.
    Teixeira - 8 - Solid +1 for excellent goal to have the roof lifted off the Valley
    Fanni - 7.5 - +0.5 for Great last ditch saving tackle in the second half, showed some class & steadiness, did well with Donaldson
    Fox - 6.5 - improved second half, didn't combine well with Suk-Young first half
    Berg Gudmundson 7.5 - Up for it and a goal that turned the game
    Cousins - 8 - very gutsy performance
    Diarra - 8 - Star performance, Charlton are a different team when he plays
    Suk-Young - 5.5 - Not impressed, did not combine well with Fox
    Harriott - 6 - Energetic but not much worked, ran out of steam & lucky not to be subbed
    Vetokele - 7.5 - A real battler & great to see him back. A player Charlton have really missed.
    Lookman - 7.5 - Extra 0.5 for assist at corner for winning goal. Made some wrong decisions but gave some real attacking intent, that helped turn the game. Needs to remember to work hard & don't get caught up in the hype.

Jackson n/a - experience helped when he came on, also helped crowd belief that some magic could happen.
    Makienok n/a - Did his best at the end & the confusion caused by his arrival seemed to help the winning goal

Riga - Glad to see he brought Lookman on at half time.

Referee - Needs to look up the play on rule
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    Pope - 7 not much to do, but calm head a few times.
    Motta - 7.5 still not sure he is fully fit, but did a good job
    Teixeira - 7.5 not really much to do, but a great header at the best time possible
    Fanni - 7 quiet game, no real threat up front from Brum
    Fox - 7 a couple of little errors, but I think he has a great cross on him when he gets forward & produced a couple today
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7.5 great snap shot for the goal. Well involved throughout
    Cousins - 8.5 a destroyer. Not too creative, but he was all over the pitch protecting the back four & that lung busting chase & tackle in 2nd half epitomised his game
    Diarra - 8 a classy, classy player
    Suk-Young - 5 didn't have a great 45. Glad Riga made the early sub.
    Harriott - 7 some good touches & plays, but a few poor ones too. Always showed & chased hard
    Vetokele - 7.5 seemed up for it. A little sorry for himself after a couple of hard tackles, but stuck at it well.
    Lookman - 7.5 great 2nd half appearance. Forced one very good save out of their keeper & tormented their right side
  • colin1961 said:

marks please

Motta - 7 very strong
    Fanni - 8 excellent
    Berg Gudmundsson -
    </

FFS

• Pope - 7
    Motta - 6.5
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 8
    Fox - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 8.5
    Diarra - 9 mom
    Suk-Young - 6
    Harriott - 6.5
    Vetokele - 7.5
    Lookman - 7.5

• How he got a three is that nearly every pass of any importance went astray and that's generally how he plays week after week. I fail to understand how people have given him 8s. To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end so I'm revising my mark:

Cousins - 3.5

Well, you are the only one who gave him a low mark. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but some are not worth listening to.

I'm guessing you never played the game and don't really grasp the basics. Never mind, try and follow the comments others have made and watch a few games on sky and it may all fall into place and you will really begin to enjoy it even more.

Keep the faith, you will soon be up to speed. :-)
  • Pope - 7 not much to do but did everything he did do right.
    Motta - 7.5 great going forward. Still. A bit shaky at the back.
    Teixeira - 8.5 another top performance plus a goal. Becoming a fan favourite.
    Fanni - 7 solid, calm on the ball.
    Fox - 7.5 yet another solid game. Proving the idiots who can't say a a good word about him wrong.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 great goal and got in to the game. Reminiscent of last season.
    Cousins - 8.5 proper player with the club at heart. How he got a 3 above is beyond me. Must be blind.
    Diarra - 9 my MOTM great coming back on the defence and calm as anything on the ball. Imagine him in league 1.
    Suk-Young - 7 average performance. Does well helping out Fox.
    Harriott - 8 a few questionable decisions again but overall linked up well with Igor and Ade
    Vetokele - 8.5 desperately need him to stay fit if we want to stay up. Constant threat.
    Lookman - 8 brought a spark of energy on to the pitch. Changed the game.

How he got a three is that nearly every pass of any importance went astray and that's generally how he plays week after week. I fail to understand how people have given him 8s. To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end so I'm revising my mark:

Cousins - 3.5
    And people wonder why they struggle to be taken seriously on here!!
  • edited April 2016
    Pope - 7
    Motta - 7
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 8
    Fox - 3
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 8 MOM
    Diarra - 6
    Suk-Young - 5
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 6
    Lookman - 7
  • Pope ... 6.5 : good game, good distribution, but what was going on with the huge hole in the wall for that 2nd half free kick? Took the crosses well, was let down by the defence for their goal.
    Motta ... 7: I like the cut of his gib
    Teixeira ... 8 : No words needed.
    Fanni ... 8 : class act, played very well
    Fox ... 5.5 I want him to do well, but he's a big worry
    Gudmundsson ... 7.5 best game for him in a while, great goal, linked up well all game with defence and attack.
    Cousins ... 8.5 Great game, someone above said captain material, I agree...probably won't be ours though. Motm
    Diarra ... 8 : Quality, great partnership with Cousins.
    Young ... 6 : Not his game today, right move in subbing him
    Harriott 5 wasn't impressed with him, but he didn't stop running and being available, but he didn't do it for me. That miss at 1-1, man oh man
    Vetokele ... 6.5 tried, looked like he was up for it, but the performance wasn't there for me
    Lookman ... 8 : The type of player you pay to watch, no need for me to go on, as I'm sure everything positive I see in him has been said before.
  • Pope 7
    Motta 7
    Teixeira 8
    Fanni 8
    Fox 5
    Gudmundsson 8
    Cousins 9
    Diarra 9
    Suk Young 6
    Harriott 7
    Vetokele 7

Lookman 7
  • edited April 2016
    Pope - 7.5 thought he looked assured today. came for lots and mopped up well
    Motta - 5 don't understand the high marks! he looked cumbersome today
    Teixeira - 8.5 some iffy passing but battled well
    Fanni - 8.5 another good performance
    Fox - 5.5. Thought he was shocking 1st half but upped his game 2nd
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 showed some passion (wonder what he called the ref?)
    Cousins - 8.5 some big tackles. Driving force
    Diarra - 8.5 broke up play time and again
    Suk-Young - 5 not his best
    Harriott - 5. Xtra pt for effort but bar that late tracking back & sliding tackle, everything he touched went wrong (and that miss!!!!!)
    Vetokele - 7. Chased hard but touch a bit rusty
    Lookman - 7.5 lively

Referee:- 0 disgrace!!!!
    >Refused to give Brum a yellow card despite blatant throw ball away when we tried to take a quick throw
    >or when Igor was chopped down on edge of box
    > twice in a minute failed to play advantage for JBG then booked him for remonstrating
  • Sponsored links:

• Pope - 7
    Motta - 8
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 8
    Fox - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 9
    Diarra - 8
    Suk-Young - 6
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 7.5
    Lookman - 8
  • edited April 2016
    Pope - 7
    Motta - 6.5
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 7
    Fox - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Cousins - 9.5
    Diarra - 8
    Suk-Young - 5.5
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 7
    Lookman - 7

Ref poor 4 - Riga took too long to bring big Mak on at the end 6 - supporter who gave Cousins a 3 0 - he was truly immense yesterday.
  • Pope - 7.5
    Motta - 6.5
    Teixeira - 8
    Fanni - 7
    Fox - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Cousins - 7
    Diarra - 8
    Suk-Young - 6
    Harriott - 6
    Vetokele - 6.5
    Lookman - 7.5
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Pope - 7.5 thought he looked assured today. came for lots and mopped up well
    Motta - 5 don't understand the high marks! he looked cumbersome today
    Teixeira - 8.5 some iffy passing but battled well
    Fanni - 8.5 another good performance
    Fox - 5.5. Thought he was shocking 1st half but upped his game 2nd
    Berg Gudmundsson - 8 showed some passion (wonder what he called the ref?)
    Cousins - 8.5 some big tackles. Driving force
    Diarra - 8.5 broke up play time and again
    Suk-Young - 5 not his best
    Harriott - 5. Xtra pt for effort but bar that late tracking back & sliding tackle, everything he touched went wrong (and that miss!!!!!)
    Vetokele - 7. Chased hard but touch a bit rusty
    Lookman - 7.5 lively

Referee:- 0 disgrace!!!!
    >Refused to give Brum a yellow card despite blatant throw ball away when we tried to take a quick throw
    >or when Igor was chopped down on edge of box
    > twice in a minute failed to play advantage for JBG then booked him for remonstrating

That's the game I was at. Same marks for me please.
  • Redrobo said:

How he got a three is that nearly every pass of any importance went astray and that's generally how he plays week after week. I fail to understand how people have given him 8s. To be fair, I've just remembered the great tackle at the end so I'm revising my mark:

Cousins - 3.5

Well, you are the only one who gave him a low mark. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but some are not worth listening to.

I'm guessing you never played the game and don't really grasp the basics. Never mind, try and follow the comments others have made and watch a few games on sky and it may all fall into place and you will really begin to enjoy it even more.

I don't need your condescending remarks, I know exactly what I saw yesterday.
  • Anyone on here who gives Cousin less than 7 today needs a lobotomy

I think you'll find they've already had it @cafcnick1992
  • Pope - 7 Not much to do.
    Motta - 8 Really like him, strong and uncompromising.
    Teixeira - 9 MOM Great in defence and could be our top goalscorer if he keeps this up.
    Fanni - 7.5 Good game.
    Fox -7.5 Played well despite what Colin says.
    JBG - 8 Extra point for a great goal.
    Cousins - 7 Big fan of Jordan but thought it was not a great game from him today.
    Diarra - 8.5 Terrific game
    Suk-Young - 6 Still not impressed by him.
    Harriott - 7 worked hard, but didn't come off for him today.
    Vetokele - 7 Good to have him back.
    Lookman - 7.5 Lively and brilliant corner.
  • Redrobo said:

Cousins - 3.5

I don't need your condescending remarks, I know exactly what I saw yesterday.
    Is that you Karel?
  • Pope - 6.5; Didn't actually have that much to do, but what he did, he did well
    Motta - 6; Didn't attack as much as usual, and again got "involved". He's done well while Solly has been out but now is the time to hand back the jersey
    Teixeira - 7.5; very solid, and great celebration!
    Fanni - 8; Very good, and slotted in at right back well when needed
    Fox - 6; Always struggling against the brummies strong side
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7.5; very good game, and terrific strike for his goal
    Cousins - 7.5; Massive effort, and some fantastic tackles, but control was poorer than usual
    Diarra - 8 (MoM); Superb patrolling in front of back four which took so much pressure off them
    Suk-Young - 5.5; Not at it today and rightly subbed at H/T
    Harriott - 6; Oh Callum! 100% effort not in question but today nothing would stick and his shooting boots were at home. Come back Tuesday!
    Vetokele - 6.5; Some great turns but chances came to his right side (not his best!); good effort
    Lookman - 6.5; Gave purpose and direction to the team but needs to remember his defensive duties and not get nut-megged as he was by Cotterill late on!

Riga did Ok with subs this game, but the ref was poor overall (and Rowett thought so too).
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 7
    Teixeira - 8 both centre halves were excellent today.
    Fanni - 8
    Fox - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Cousins - 8
    Diarra - 9 man is just immense. Never needs to break into a sprint because he reads the game so well.
    Suk-Young - 7
    Harriott - 6 Does not have good enough control to play up top.
    Vetokele - 8 caused problems all day.
    Lookman - 7.5 always looks like something was going to happen when he came on.