Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD - Noon announcement - Birmingham

Comments

• One of my highlights of the day @legaladdick

Top work

Some bloke titting about with the match ball for 20 seconds was a highlight of your day?
    One of them, yes. Along with my soft boiled egg for breakfast and nearly breaking my toes smuggling stress balls in the front of my shoes only to not be searched.

I don't live a particularly crazy life...
    I asked this already, but l'll try again for an answer..

I support the protests. Stress balls were brilliant. But what point do you believe constantly hanging onto the match ball made? Other than a smug, cheap joke about being 'not allowed to throw things', surely it was just a pointless hindrance to us going for the win?
    It wasn't constant, it happened 3 or 4 times. The first one being (imo) very funny.

Ultimately, it doesn't achieve anything, but I suppose it was another sign of fan power and a continued two-finger salute to the regime, who ahead of this game attempted to put frighteners via the police on the fanbase they claim to be working hard to win back.

It was a one off that shouldn't and probably won't be repeated, but it complimented the general disruption aspect well imo.

Absolutely spot on description of why it was done.
  • One of my highlights of the day @legaladdick

Top work

Some bloke titting about with the match ball for 20 seconds was a highlight of your day?
    One of them, yes. Along with my soft boiled egg for breakfast and nearly breaking my toes smuggling stress balls in the front of my shoes only to not be searched.

I don't live a particularly crazy life...
    I asked this already, but l'll try again for an answer..

I support the protests. Stress balls were brilliant. But what point do you believe constantly hanging onto the match ball made? Other than a smug, cheap joke about being 'not allowed to throw things', surely it was just a pointless hindrance to us going for the win?
    It wasn't constant, it happened 3 or 4 times. The first one being (imo) very funny.

Ultimately, it doesn't achieve anything, but I suppose it was another sign of fan power and a continued two-finger salute to the regime, who ahead of this game attempted to put frighteners via the police on the fanbase they claim to be working hard to win back.

It was a one off that shouldn't and probably won't be repeated, but it complimented the general disruption aspect well imo.

Fair enough. I found it pretty annoying. But I suppose each to their own - some people pay to go watch Micheal McIntyre.

Now you're just being silly!
  • cfgs said:

Expect strip searches for the next home game

After being married for a while I will look forward to this as it is the closest to sex I can expect for a while.
    Well, each to their own, I suppose, there probably is a niche interest there... (no doubt some niches ate more interesting than others).

Seriously though, were the stewards physically searching individuals, and are they allowed do that, as opposed to asking individuals to open bags or empty pockets?
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

What was the significance of using stress balls ?

To be employed whilst reading your comments.
    Try again but make it funny next time.
    FFS !

We win, we're all happy as larry with smiles a mile wide on our chops and then along comes PL54...again !

Has anyone ever suggested counselling to you, pal ?

Some people need this to be a reality......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

FFS !

We win, we're all happy as larry with smiles a mile wide on our chops and then along comes PL54...again !

Don't be concerned @Fanny Fanackapan ... unfortunately @PL54 is unable to stop his activities.

A professor at the British Museum has recently identified a new genus, 'Trollus Trollus', who appear to spend most of their lives trolling internet forums and discussion groups. It is believed that the recent proliferation of these 'entities' is as a direct result of the 'X-Factor' society in which many attention-seekers clamour for fame. The first modern signs of this presence were recognised by Andy Warhol when he proclaimed, "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes".

In fact, some researchers have found early evidence as far back as stone-age cave paintings ... it would appear that a number of these paintings were 'defaced' by additional drawings being added on top. This led one researcher to describe the phenomenon as 'Prehistoric Look-at-me' or 'PL' for short.

This so excited a number of modern trolls that they formed their own club, 'The Prehistoric Look-at-me Society'. As you may have gathered, our own resident troll is member no. 54.

It is rumoured that his energetic work and enterprise has been acknowledged by KU Leuven. Those who have been reading the 'KM Out' thread will be aware of Daisy's award from this institution - https://www.law.kuleuven.be/vrgalumni/alumniprijs - PL54 is expected to receive an award for his consistent deliberate attempts to provoke response or discord on Charlton Life. KU Leuven have seen this a brave attempt to salvage Daisy's reputation.

Hope this helps to clarify the issue.

Not bad

6/10
  • Didn't attend Birmingham game.

Will be coming derby game.

Suggest we ask people to delay entrance by 15 minutes.

The visual image from an empty ground
    Would be very strong.

Then we get behind the players for the remaining 75.

The media would like to have pictures like this.

Well done everyone.

Remember we are smarter than the owner and c.e.o.
  • edited April 2016
    trundler said:

Didn't attend Birmingham game.

Would be very strong.

Well done everyone.

If we are smarter than the owner and CEO how come they own the club and run it and we don't ?
  • I meant in terms of the protests.

Stupid comment.
  • I meant in terms of the protests.

Stupid comment.
  • trundler said:

Didn't attend Birmingham game.

Would be very strong.

Well done everyone.

If we are smarter than the owner and CEO how come they own the club and run it and we don't ?
    Because they have the money and we don't.
  • Davo55 said:

So @seth plum is Danny Dyer's dad! Just needed a "wotcha treacle" and a "we're faaaamily" :smile:

Excellent stuff Seth.

Talked to a few Blues fans yesterday, all good blokes who see us as a proper football club and mightily impressed with us fighting for our club

DANNY DYER IS MY BROTHER?!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

PL54 said:

stonemuse said:

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

FFS !

Don't be concerned @Fanny Fanackapan ... unfortunately @PL54 is unable to stop his activities.

A professor at the British Museum has recently identified a new genus, 'Trollus Trollus', who appear to spend most of their lives trolling internet forums and discussion groups. It is believed that the recent proliferation of these 'entities' is as a direct result of the 'X-Factor' society in which many attention-seekers clamour for fame. The first modern signs of this presence were recognised by Andy Warhol when he proclaimed, "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes".

In fact, some researchers have found early evidence as far back as stone-age cave paintings ... it would appear that a number of these paintings were 'defaced' by additional drawings being added on top. This led one researcher to describe the phenomenon as 'Prehistoric Look-at-me' or 'PL' for short.

This so excited a number of modern trolls that they formed their own club, 'The Prehistoric Look-at-me Society'. As you may have gathered, our own resident troll is member no. 54.

It is rumoured that his energetic work and enterprise has been acknowledged by KU Leuven. Those who have been reading the 'KM Out' thread will be aware of Daisy's award from this institution - https://www.law.kuleuven.be/vrgalumni/alumniprijs - PL54 is expected to receive an award for his consistent deliberate attempts to provoke response or discord on Charlton Life. KU Leuven have seen this a brave attempt to salvage Daisy's reputation.

Not bad

6/10
    A bloke who manages one funny remark for about every hundred attempts still thinks he's the arbiter of humour.

Looking forward to your hilarious reply.
    Such anger
  • edited April 2016
    mogodon said:

Best thing is to ignore PL54. His kind thrive on the attention their posts generate so don't give it them.

Look at you

All I asked was why stress balls were chosen and folks got all uppity.
  • mogodon said:

Best thing is to ignore PL54. His kind thrive on the attention their posts generate so don't give it them.

I'm going to guess this is yet another time to show off my awesome chrome extension... I'm going to guess I'm missing something in this screenshot? :smiley:

• PL54 said:

Uboat said:

PL54 said:

stonemuse said:

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

FFS !

Not bad

6/10
    A bloke who manages one funny remark for about every hundred attempts still thinks he's the arbiter of humour.

Looking forward to your hilarious reply.
    Such anger
    Oh dear. Hours to think about it and you pull out your old 'such anger' line.
    As the young people say: 'Fail'.
  • mogodon said:

The thing that annoys me the most about PL54 is that whoever they are, they aren't an idiot.

I gave an answer on the stress balls question that I thought gave an answer.

They have been called stress balls because it's easy to explain. The product was chosen for its size, colour and cost and the combination of which would mean more on the pitch.

The description may have been picked to target the perceived pressure the regime is under but is not important to the choice.

An answer which was then ignored because it was broadly factually accurate and not amusing to pick on.

A contrarian view is good, who doesn't like a debate. But if you are going to pick at nonsense details, expect to be ridiculed.

mogodon said:

The thing that annoys me the most about PL54 is that whoever they are, they aren't an idiot.

I gave an answer on the stress balls question that I thought gave an answer.

They have been called stress balls because it's easy to explain. The product was chosen for its size, colour and cost and the combination of which would mean more on the pitch.

The description may have been picked to target the perceived pressure the regime is under but is not important to the choice.

An answer which was then ignored because it was broadly factually accurate and not amusing to pick on.

A contrarian view is good, who doesn't like a debate. But if you are going to pick at nonsense details, expect to be ridiculed.
    Ah mate you're wasting your time, PL54 always runs away from any actual intellectual engagement.

It takes a sad sort of being to spend so much time riling others up without offering anything insightful/of substance/intelligent themselves. So you know, he's a troll and he's a cun-mmm- ...mberland sausage(?!), and it's not worth baiting someone so unfulfilled.

PL54, I genuinely mean this - I'm sorry for you. Genuinely sorry for you.
  • PL54 said:

mogodon said:

Look at you

All I asked was why stress balls were chosen and folks got all uppity.
    I don't have any specific info on exactly why they were chosen, but you could hazard a guess, maybe it's because they are SOFT?? Crazy idea right?
  • I was impressed how quickly they cleared the stress balls from the pitch, thought that would be an absolute nightmare for them