Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD - Noon announcement - Birmingham

Comments

• Spanish said:

I commend CARD for everything they've done with the protest arrangements so far but do think we need to try something else other than throw objects on the pitch to cause disruption to the game. There is a real possibility that we may have points deducted this season or even next and potentially that could have repercussions in either stopping us from staying up (unlikely) or potentially next season from coming back up. There must be other ways to show our contempt to those running our club. Again, I applaud and support CARD's objectives, just think we need to hit the club in ways that doesn't affect the team and/or runs the risk of pts deduction.

A points deduction will not be a problem, we will need snookers to stay up this season.
    Is ther really a possibility of a reduction this season or even next season, I don't think punishments can be carried over, or is this you speculating?
  • edited April 2016

Very much a possibility, Charlton are not managing to control the crowd which has not lead to game disruption twice. The league has the power to enforce points deduction and if, we are good as dead, then they could delay the points deduction if it had no effect this season.
  • edited April 2016

We'll just take the fine.
  • What was the significance of using stress balls ?
  • PL54 said:

What was the significance of using stress balls ?

Wasn't involved and being on holiday didn't get given any so came as a surprise to me.

Despite me having a nice thought that management will now be using them to try and destress before the next home game, I would thought the fact that they were cheap, black and white, small to carry in and difficult to get off the pitch as quickly as the beach balls would have carried some benefits.....

I wouldn't have described them as stress balls myself, they look like the small footballs we give to the dogs and a few years back the kids in their stockings for Christmas so they could play football in the house without busting stuff.
  • some were so keen to get them on pitch they didn't take the wrappers off...
  • Though it will be hard to organise and control it would be good to try and have a few waves of things going on. Can't imagine how hard it will to get them in but maybe if you can get a lot on a few designated people to give out and tell people once they're in the ground to wait till X minute. In the moment half will still go on at kick off but could still work.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

What was the significance of using stress balls ?

To be employed whilst reading your comments.
    Try again but make it funny next time.
  • Spanish said:

I commend CARD for everything they've done with the protest arrangements so far but do think we need to try something else other than throw objects on the pitch to cause disruption to the game. There is a real possibility that we may have points deducted this season or even next and potentially that could have repercussions in either stopping us from staying up (unlikely) or potentially next season from coming back up. There must be other ways to show our contempt to those running our club. Again, I applaud and support CARD's objectives, just think we need to hit the club in ways that doesn't affect the team and/or runs the risk of pts deduction.

Let's have your ideas then.
  • The stress ball protest was great, made the point in a concise, clever way.

The people that kept walking off with the ball when we were going for the win got on my nerves to be honest. It wasn't smart, had no impact other than annoying other spectators - and in my opinion it cheapened the official protest a bit.

God knows what that guy at the front of the east stand was up to? Was he disabled, pretending to be disabled or what? Hobbling over to Micheal Morrison and then putting the ball under a seat. Morro had such a perplexed look on his face.
  • edited April 2016
    Chizz said:

As far as I'm concerned, the Football League can harvest as many points as they like from Charlton as long as it ends up with RD selling up.

So you are giving validity to Duchatelet's statement;

"some individuals seem to want Charlton to fail."

I think it's less likely he will sell if we are relegated,
    because he will be one division closer to making his dream of young players on low wages, plus he will sell the young players who other championship teams want.
    Plus League 1 clubs have a lower value so why would he sell when we get relegated ?

My wish is we stay up (long shot with other teams keep winning)
    And we protest until he goes.
    There will be less cafc fans to protest in League 1 and the world media will lose interest in us.

Fantastic effort by CARD but Relegation will hit the fans harder than Duchatelet.

Duchatelet said he hadn't planned for relegation this season ?

well, when he took over he had a clause that he would get a refund of 5 million.
    so why would it bother him now ?
  • That's where you are completely wrong, it is a response to the stupid statement from the club, it makes them look stupid no one else
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

The didn't all go down very well mine went in the bin

Why did you take one in the first place then? So unique.
    Weird is a better word, WSS.

• It was forced upon my son

Roderick?

• Expect strip searches for the next home game
  • I have children but I certainly don't think that what is their's is mine, and what's mine is certainly not their's. Sounds like weird (yes weird, not unique) parenting to me.

"As your bike is my bike I'm going to sell it and put the money on the GGs. Obviously you can have all the winnings as what's mine is yours."