Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Lapslie

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He has found his level. Morgan would be best to join him in League 2. 
    Do you give your kids similar career advice?
    Is he wrong though?
    Morgan would be best to...

Best for what?  Give up and say some bloke on the internet thinks I am shit so I'll just give up?

I actually tend to agree that that's Morgan's level but failed to see how it's "best" to go to league 2.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He had a similar run early last season didn't he? Didn't do much for the other 2/3rds. The guy is an enthusiastic, likeable player but he is sadly not good enough technically. When we're desperate for quality in the final third, Lapslie is not the answer!

I'm not going to disagree and say he's the answer, but I don't think any of us are watching him regularly enough to know if he has improved or not, difficult to judge on simplistic stats too (assists, goals).   Players can improve so I don't think we should make up our minds based on performances from 2 or 3 years ago.  Possibly he might be a better player than one of our current midfielders.  However, I'd prefer one of our younger players to be given a chance rather than resign him.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Chunes said:
    He had a similar run early last season didn't he? Didn't do much for the other 2/3rds. The guy is an enthusiastic, likeable player but he is sadly not good enough technically. When we're desperate for quality in the final third, Lapslie is not the answer!
    George was Charltonised hence he had a long term injury last season which explains why he.....'didn't do much for the other 2/3rds.'....

https://the72.co.uk/2022/02/07/mansfield-town-midfielder-george-lapslie-facing-another-three-weeks-out-injured/

He ended up facing more than 'another three weeks out injured' in his Charltonised state!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Chunes said:

I'm not going to disagree and say he's the answer, but I don't think any of us are watching him regularly enough to know if he has improved or not, difficult to judge on simplistic stats too (assists, goals).   Players can improve so I don't think we should make up our minds based on performances from 2 or 3 years ago.  Possibly he might be a better player than one of our current midfielders.  However, I'd prefer one of our younger players to be given a chance rather than resign him.
    I've never seen someone suddenly become a technical player in their mid-twenties but I guess it could happen.
  • Options
    Mansfield could get promoted whilst we get relegated.
  • Options
    1 = dog shit
    5=Average
    10= out of this world

its simple really
  • Options
    I never understood why he was let go, unless there were differences of opinion/personality clashes with other players/coaches
    I know it is easier to look good in L2 than L1, BUT he was an energetic player who always gave it a right go
    Clough Jnr though s a good manager and often gets the very best from his signings
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    LMAO all this talk of relegation lately. If Charlton are relegated as a result of our results (not some kind of points deduction) I will donate £250 to the upbeats.

You can hold me to this. 
    I will do. Personally I can't see us getting 50 points, whether that means relegation I don't know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6 should be average and the starting point.
    Agreed. For me 6 is the standard mark. If they have a stinker it goes down (so that's most of our defence each week) and anything above average is 7-8. 9 is a MOTM performance and to get 10 you'd probably have to be getting a hat trick.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    LMAO all this talk of relegation lately. If Charlton are relegated as a result of our results (not some kind of points deduction) I will donate £250 to the upbeats.

You can hold me to this. 
    I will do. Personally I can't see us getting 50 points, whether that means relegation I don't know.
    There are at least 4 teams worse than us, on that basis, we won't be going down 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You can hold me to this. 
    There are at least 4 teams worse than us, on that basis, we won't be going down 
    Not on current form there isn’t…