Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Lapslie

Comments

• Options
    A bit early to say, but he has all the makings of a new Parker.
    Please God.
  • Options
    Has he got a song yet?
  • Options

A bit early to say, but he has all the makings of a new Parker.
    Please God.

Said Roland
  • Options

I was at the checkatrade v Crawley when he scored his first, brilliant moment. Even better when he turned back round and smiled & waved at us. For me that is easily my 'proper Charlton' moment of the past few seasons. I doubt I'll ever forget that smile

Cheered me up after the disappointment that they don’t sell beer at the ground.
  • Options
    A promising player who could be very good if his decision making in and around the box improves, which will come with games. Charlton captain in the making, if he hasn't already?!
  • Options
    What a future this lad has . Love his attitude .
  • Options

What a future this lad has . Love his attitude .

True. But shame it won't be with us if he carries on improving and Douchbag stays in charge.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Has he got a song yet?

Er, not very original.....

Lappo, lappo.

• Options
    Great game Tuesday. All over the pitch. A couple of errant passes early on but his energy was unbelievable and the double save off the line was great. Looking forward to seeing him in a Charlton kit for a few years to come before going to a top team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

Has he got a song yet?

Er, not very original.....

Lappo, lappo.

Should be “He’s one of our own!”.
  • Options
    I had in my mind a rhyme with "Wemberlee" but perhaps next year.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Has he got a song yet?

He's on of our own...
  • Options
    To the tune of “I know a song that will get on your nerves”

We’ve got George Lapslie who will get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves.

Repeat till bored,😀
  • Options

Sorry, but still not convinced. Energy & attitude will only get you some way to he a top player.....you also need skill & a cool head. Imo Lapslie has neither. Yes he is young, but he's 21 not 17 & lots of players by that age have started to mature into their game.

He reminds me of Bradley Pritchard......more pleased to be out on the park playing like it's a dream come true.

Totally agree. Love the work rate and what he brings to the midfield but not sure he’s good enough on the ball.

He earned the right to have an extended run in the team but still not convinced myself.
  • Options

Random old thread. But a chance to see a comment I made 2 years ago which got 4 LOLs, so not a waste.

should be rescinded for giving a shit @killerandflash ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont forget that Pritchard would have had a later start in League Football than Lapslie whilst the latter has had the benefit of some top coaching during his progression through the youth ranks

Not to mention he's got an older brother (Tom @ Colchester) who am sure is a great option to get advice from as he's also a Midfielder who has been playing for a few years.

George just needs to get up to speed a little with the First Team game and develop a smart sense when dealing with the opposition, those two qualities will only come with experience
  • Options
    I like the look of him but his decision making can sometimes let him down. I’m sure that will come with more time in the first team
  • Options

Dont forget that Pritchard would have had a later start in League Football than Lapslie whilst the latter has had the benefit of some top coaching during his progression through the youth ranks

Not to mention he's got an older brother (Tom @ Colchester) who am sure is a great option to get advice from as he's also a Midfielder who has been playing for a few years.

George just needs to get up to speed a little with the First Team game and develop a smart sense when dealing with the opposition, those two qualities will only come with experience

I wonder if something similar will happen to George like it did with Jordan Cousins.

A bit part player, then the following summer he transformed, had bulked up and was now a key part of the team.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Has he got a song yet?

He's blonde
    He's ace
    He saves goals with he's face
    George Laplslie George Laplslie.
    WOW !

Loving that, JC !

Would love to hear it tomorrow afternoon , if he's playing.

( But it's "with HIS face")
  • Options
    edited December 2018

seth plum said:

Has he got a song yet?

He's blonde
    He's ace
    He saves goals with he's face
    George Laplslie George Laplslie.
    Winner, winner chicken dinner that one!
  • Options
    Yeah great attitude, 100% commitment every game and a team player.
    The guy will improve so much in the next 18 momnths
  • Options
    very soon we'll be calling him the white Kanté
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Sorry, but still not convinced. Energy & attitude will only get you some way to he a top player.....you also need skill & a cool head. Imo Lapslie has neither. Yes he is young, but he's 21 not 17 & lots of players by that age have started to mature into their game.

He reminds me of Bradley Pritchard......more pleased to be out on the park playing like it's a dream come true.

Yeah I'm not totally convinced he has much more in his locker than being a decent L1/2 player, which isn't bad. Good work rate and decent athleticism. Not convinced by his technical ability just yet. And his tactical awareness and positioning need a lot of work.

THAT SAID, I feel like I've seen a lot more from him in the 3-4 games than I had up to that point. His turn in the box against Blackpool was superb. And when playing on the right side of the diamond against Pompey he looked much better than he has either in central midfield in a 2 or on the right hand side of midfield in a flat 4-4-2.

Golfie also makes a good point, which is that he's 21, not a teenager, and so is getting a bit of a later start at league football than some.

I expect he'll improve. Talk of him being Championship level I can't see at this stage, but a couple of years can change a lot in football. I think the ideal with him, as was the case with Karlan last year, would be for him to go out on loan to L2 in the second half of the season to play week in week out. But I think his versatility and our injury situation makes him too important to us. So hopefully he continues to improve by training with good players, even if he doesn't play every week.