Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Lapslie

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    cfgs said:
    Watching Salford v Mansfield on Sky.  George is very busy up and down the pitch 
    Just his usual headless chicken act. League 2 is his level.

As an aside, I watched (or should I say, had on in the background) the 2 matches from League 2 today & thought the standard very poor. Salford, especially, thought they were Man City & tried passing it around the back, even when they needed to score to have any chance of the play offs. Very little goal mouth action & too much sideways passing. 
  • Options
    Get the kid back. In what world is Dobson better than Lapslie? 
    In a world where Lapslie can’t get a start in League Two…
    I didn’t directly say I rated Dobson back in August but I will take the win here, based on the comments it was surrounded by!
  • Options
    Lapslie looks well suited to L2. 
    Good luck to him.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

As an aside, I watched (or should I say, had on in the background) the 2 matches from League 2 today & thought the standard very poor. Salford, especially, thought they were Man City & tried passing it around the back, even when they needed to score to have any chance of the play offs. Very little goal mouth action & too much sideways passing. 
    Classless as per
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Classless as per
    what did you want me to say, that he ran the show ?  The fact is he didnt stand out and people on here last season were wanting him to be a main stay of our midfield......just like they do Morgan. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    "If you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all"

Too often the approach of many is: "Well its a public forum, if you dont like it, go away"

But equally if someone wants to be constantly miserable, dont bloody well drag others down to your misery. Has gone for a lot this season, none of us are stupid, there hasn't been much to be cheerful about.

But people should always think about the impact their words can have on others
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    There are very few things more certain in life than Golfie being more miserable than anyone else about anything.
    To be fair, he does have occasional bouts of positivity, which tend to result in other posters asking "who are you, and what have you done with Golfie?" when he does it on the Match Thread. But then if his optimism proves misplaced he plummets at high speed into miserablism again.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    aliwibble said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    There are very few things more certain in life than Golfie being more miserable than anyone else about anything.
    To be fair, he does have occasional bouts of positivity, which tend to result in other posters asking "who are you, and what have you done with Golfie?" when he does it on the Match Thread. But then if his optimism proves misplaced he plummets at high speed into miserablism again.
    What is noticeable is that for all of Golfie’s negativity this doesn’t often show itself in the players marks thread especially when we’ve played poorly. It’s as if someone else has marked the the players for him………..Golfie Junior maybe 🤔😉 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Too fucking right 
  • Options
    "If you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all"

Too often the approach of many is: "Well its a public forum, if you dont like it, go away"

But equally if someone wants to be constantly miserable, dont bloody well drag others down to your misery. Has gone for a lot this season, none of us are stupid, there hasn't been much to be cheerful about.

But people should always think about the impact their words can have on others
    Are you new to this forum?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    aliwibble said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    What is noticeable is that for all of Golfie’s negativity this doesn’t often show itself in the players marks thread especially when we’ve played poorly. It’s as if someone else has marked the the players for him………..Golfie Junior maybe 🤔😉 
    With the players marks my usual starting point is a 7. Then I add or subtract 0.5 of a point depending on performance, goals etc. Top is usually 8 or 8.5, bottom is usually a 6 or 5.5 if they had a stinker. 

HTH.
  • Options
    He has done well for Mansfield. I remember best , he set up that goal when  we won away at Portsmouth. Decent player , maybe I little lightweight for Charlton First team. I glad he doing well. after leaving Charlton.
  • Options
    Nominated for Player of the Month - two goals, won two penalties plus an assist so he has been involved in more goals than we scored in September. Well done George!
    Had a very good season so far. From watching the highlights, he's getting into the box  lot more than he used to, proper box to box play!
  • Options
    Nominated for Player of the Month - two goals, won two penalties plus an assist so he has been involved in more goals than we scored in September. Well done George!
    Had a very good season so far. From watching the highlights, he's getting into the box  lot more than he used to, proper box to box play!
    Mansfield play just the one up top with Lapslie just behind him.  If only we had use for a player in that position who can score, create and win penalties!!!
  • Options
    No doubt he will score a hat trick against us at home, when we are in League Two next season...
     :open_mouth:  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mansfield play just the one up top with Lapslie just behind him.  If only we had use for a player in that position who can score, create and win penalties!!!
    You mean like he did when he played for us? Must've missed those games.
  • Options
    He has found his level. Morgan would be best to join him in League 2. 
  • Options
    May do next year....
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Do you give your kids similar career advice?
    To be miserable like their Dad?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Is he wrong though?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Is he wrong though?
    He might be. He might not. Some did and would have said the same about Laurie Wilson when we released him. Players develop at different rates and I doubt that Mansfield will dump him in they achieve promotion which would be ironic if we do go the other way. 

There is one aspect of this and that is the person who has converted him to that position - Nigel Clough. If anyone knows what it takes to fulfil that role it is him. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    He had a similar run early last season didn't he? Didn't do much for the other 2/3rds. The guy is an enthusiastic, likeable player but he is sadly not good enough technically. When we're desperate for quality in the final third, Lapslie is not the answer!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    aliwibble said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    With the players marks my usual starting point is a 7. Then I add or subtract 0.5 of a point depending on performance, goals etc. Top is usually 8 or 8.5, bottom is usually a 6 or 5.5 if they had a stinker. 

HTH.
    Weird number to start on seven, i always start on five. I don't understand how a 5.5 can be a stinker. 
  • Options
    6 should be average and the starting point.