Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Prime Tyson beats anyone.
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

I can't agree with that.

A prime Muhammad Ali beats them all - and that prime was just before his ban. Even an Ali after he came back would beat Tyson.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

If it's who you've seen live, the greatest heavyweight boxer of the last 30 odd years is @LewSmith94

?
  • Options
    No mention of Rocky Marciano. Anyone remember him? He was unbeaten and no one came close to toppling him. Marciano v Tyson and both in their prime, what a fight that would have been.
  • Options
    I can only really mark fighters on how I saw them (on tv smudge) and the company they were keeping at the time. I've only got old footage of Ali to go on and misty eyed chronicles from journalists and people who remember the other fighters around at the time and the hype that went with him.

• Options
    By live smudge I mean on tv live or there live
    Not a film reel or YouTube

Tyson was an animal at 21 but we will never know how great he could’ve been

He certainly wasn’t the same when he came out of jail and had all the shite that went with him

Holmes was immense what a fighter
  • Options
    Ah, I’m with ya
  • Options
    Carter said:

I can only really mark fighters on how I saw them (on tv smudge) and the company they were keeping at the time. I've only got old footage of Ali to go on and misty eyed chronicles from journalists and people who remember the other fighters around at the time and the hype that went with him.

I'm old enough (unfortunately) to remember seeing them with clear, not misty eyes. Ali was, is and will always be The Greatest.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Lewis is the best I've seen in my lifetime. Not the most explosive, which is where I think people get confused, but the best boxer I've seen
  • Options
    Just found my old book the four Kings that’s just bloody magic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    charltonJ said:

This all day long.
    I got into boxing during the Ali/ Frazier/ Foreman golden era
    And as much as I hate to say it Mike Tyson in his prime beats all the above never mind all the later fighters.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

charltonJ said:

This all day long.
    And as much as I hate to say it Mike Tyson in his prime beats all the above never mind all the later fighters.
    Had a lot of them beat before get even stepped through the ropes too

What he did to spinks and Holmes was properly savage stuff and they would have easily been the best 2 fighters at heavyweight if they were around currently
  • Options
    Carter said:

Greenie said:

charltonJ said:

This all day long.
    Had a lot of them beat before get even stepped through the ropes too

What he did to spinks and Holmes was properly savage stuff and they would have easily been the best 2 fighters at heavyweight if they were around currently
    Exactly. He was genuinely terrifying
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Scott Quigg on Sky just smashed a moving punchbag in two rounds

Tommy Coyle up next
  • Options
    DEcent looking bout this
  • Options
    Tommy done really well there showed great footwork and as normal got involved in a terrific scrap
  • Options
    Yep, done great. Right to the body done the yank.
  • Options
    Delayed wobble from him as well the body shot was a cracker then a little jab to the forehead and the brain went in jelly mode

I hope tenyison pulls it out of the bag tonight I am heading over to his gym in dec to watch some sparring be great atmosphere if Tony can develop the kid in to a world champ

• Options
    Two tough 12 round fights (including fight of the year candidate) in the WBSS last night.
    Three world title fights on the Matchroom USA show.
    But most of social media talking about the huge fight in the stands at the Warren show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anthony Yarde did well against somebody half his size.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Anthony Yarde did well against somebody half his size.

Standard behavior for yarde
  • Options
    Tyson was on Joe Rogan's podcast last night, really good long interview which covered all sorts of interesting stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNZtibrPo0g
  • Options
    Mikey Garcia going up to Welterweight to fight Spence.

What. A. Fight.
  • Options

Mikey Garcia going up to Welterweight to fight Spence.

What. A. Fight.

Jheeeze... Think Mikey may have bitten off more than he can chew here, Spence is A LOT bigger
  • Options
    Am I right in thi King Garcia's last fight wasn't on UK TV. This fight had better be!
  • Options
    Spence is way too big for Mikey - the money must be good.

The fights we want are Spence/Crawford and Mikey/Loma.
  • Options
    Spence Crawford would be epic
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Spence is way too big for Mikey - the money must be good.

The fights we want are Spence/Crawford and Mikey/Loma.

This This and This
  • Options
    Danny Jacobs fights on Saturday for the vacant IBF Middleweight title and I so hope he wins and then gets a deserved shot at unification against Canelo after not getting the rematch against Golovkin.

Come on Miracle Man - for many reasons my favourite boxer, probably my favourite sportsman, on the planet.