Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Carter said:

bobmunro said:

I always fancy getting into boxing and then i realise i'm 6ft3 and I could be fighting people that are 6ft7/8 and 18stone and i don't fancy it as much after that...

If you could get down to 10st 7lbs you'd make a blinding Welterweight!!
    Prince Arron looked unstoppable for a few fights at light middle. Until Brian Rose absolutely boxed his head off that is. Arron is about 6 foot 3
    I remember him beating the bloke I knew from Chislehurst for British title - Sam Webb. It was a banging fight. Webb had his ear drum burst early if I remember rightlt
  • Options
    Thoughts on Price v Povetkin? Im actually looking forward to it!

Get to see Povetkin and if he wins , you can how he would fair against whoever comes out in the main even but if Price wins it catapults him into proper contention.

All the heavyweights say Price is very powerful but confidence was shattered after getting sparked by the cheats (which Povetkin was done for aswell!)

I hope Price does the job!
  • Options

Thoughts on Price v Povetkin? Im actually looking forward to it!

Get to see Povetkin and if he wins , you can how he would fair against whoever comes out in the main even but if Price wins it catapults him into proper contention.

All the heavyweights say Price is very powerful but confidence was shattered after getting sparked by the cheats (which Povetkin was done for aswell!)

I hope Price does the job!

Absolutely brutal KO for povetkin. Price couldn't hold a middleweight power
  • Options
    Finally watched the Wilder/Ortiz fight last night, can't help thinking that if Ortiz had hurt Wilder at the start of the 8th not the end the result may have been different.

Credit to Wilder for getting through the round and he finished well but I've never seen anyone look so off balance as Wilder does when he swings that big right.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Carter said:

bobmunro said:

I always fancy getting into boxing and then i realise i'm 6ft3 and I could be fighting people that are 6ft7/8 and 18stone and i don't fancy it as much after that...

Prince Arron looked unstoppable for a few fights at light middle. Until Brian Rose absolutely boxed his head off that is. Arron is about 6 foot 3
    I remember him beating the bloke I knew from Chislehurst for British title - Sam Webb. It was a banging fight. Webb had his ear drum burst early if I remember rightlt
    Sam Webb is a Charlton fan too

He actually boxed really well that fight but the size difference was too much for him to get round. Was a good champ and beat that shithouse Anthony small
  • Options
    Carter said:

cs1986 said:

Carter said:

bobmunro said:

Sam Webb is a Charlton fan too

He actually boxed really well that fight but the size difference was too much for him to get round. Was a good champ and beat that shithouse Anthony small
    I was at both fights. I am sure the arron fight was in Gillingham. He was a mate of a mate so had good tickets.didnt realise he was a Charlton fan. I think he lives bkackfen way now. He had some proper heart in the ring.
  • Options
    GGG vs Canello looking more likely to be canx

Bobmonro gutted for you mate I know how much you were looking forward to going

Rumours BJS isn’t injured and will step in are rife but I can’t see that myself
  • Options

GGG vs Canello looking more likely to be canx

Bobmonro gutted for you mate I know how much you were looking forward to going

Rumours BJS isn’t injured and will step in are rife but I can’t see that myself

Yes looking more and more likely it's off. I'm in Vegas anyway so will see what happens - Golovkin has confirmed he fights that night whatever happens (but he needs a credible opponent) - possibly a Danny Jacobs rematch as Jacobs will be ready because he is due to fight the week before anyway.

I can't see BJS either.

We'll take a view and if necessary get a refund on the tickets - we bought direct rather than secondary market so shouldn't be a problem.

• Options
    If GGG faces Jacobs then it would be worthy of going to see mate if your there
  • Options

If GGG faces Jacobs then it would be worthy of going to see mate if your there

Yes - if it is Jacobs then we will still go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You still AJ for tomorrow?
  • Options

You still AJ for tomorrow?

Yes - stoppage 1-6
  • Options
    I am 1-7 AJ you going mate ?
  • Options

I am 1-7 AJ you going mate ?

No, not going Saturday. Still on these bloody crutches (although only one most of the time). I could get away with it at the Manchester Arena but didn't fancy moving around with 80,000 people there!!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Too true that mate hopefully you’ll be off them soon
  • Options
    Good weight for AJ.
  • Options
    That’s where he needed to be a winning weight there 17.4 speed power and endurance

I fear for Parker
  • Options
    Fear for Price, visions of him being gassed after such a long ring walk. Lovely bloke and behind him all the way but this has brutal KO written all over it.

I thought Joseph Parker and his team look a little rattled at AJs weight (lightest since he fought Sprott in 2015). I’ve got a gut feeling this could be an early blow out like the Martin fight. Hope not, but just got that feeling.

GGG being heavily linked in the USA to meet Spike O’Sullivan in May (with Canelo due to receive a 12 month ban). Would rather seem him face one of BJS, Jacobs, Andrade or Derevenchenko but can’t blame him taking on O’Sullivan as a ‘late’ change of opponent.

• Options
    Spike is a good lad real nice man , met him several times of late , but GGG would not be good for him he is too static a fighter and will get taken out quickly

55-1 Parker and price double
  • Options

Fear for Price, visions of him being gassed after such a long ring walk. Lovely bloke and behind him all the way but this has brutal KO written all over it.

I thought Joseph Parker and his team look a little rattled at AJs weight (lightest since he fought Sprott in 2015). I’ve got a gut feeling this could be an early blow out like the Martin fight. Hope not, but just got that feeling.

GGG being heavily linked in the USA to meet Spike O’Sullivan in May (with Canelo due to receive a 12 month ban). Would rather seem him face one of BJS, Jacobs, Andrade or Derevenchenko but can’t blame him taking on O’Sullivan as a ‘late’ change of opponent.

If it is O’Sullivan then a refund on our tickets is very likely. I wouldn’t pay what we have paid to see Spike!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t see it being spike mate tbh , although he sparked out the newest upstart last time out its not a draw fight
  • Options
    I can see the show being cancelled completely.
  • Options
    Agreed mate BJS won’t be fit enough in time Jacobs only real fight worth putting on and that won’t be an easy negotiation to get through
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Not long now buzzing for this
  • Options
    Me too. Nothing beat a big fight
  • Options
    4 of us on are way for tonight. Up with God’s so probably only see a blurr
  • Options

4 of us on are way for tonight. Up with God’s so probably only see a blurr

Enjoy mate it’s all about being there not where you sit ,
    McBobbin said:

Me too. Nothing beat a big fight

Whole family sitting here waiting it’s ridiculous
  • Options
    Beer chilling in the fridge, loads of grub to hand, and the remote ready to switch at 6.00pm - really looking forward to this.

To all those who are going, have a fantastic night.
  • Options
    If anyone has a stream later, please post on here
  • Options
    Joe Cordina made easy work of that