Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Saw a comment that Usyk moves like how Fury fans think Fury moves 
  • Options
    Great performance by Usyk. 
    Not sure where AJ goes now but hope Usyk cleans up now.

• Options

What state was the old man in last night?  From about 3 seconds into the football he was double lively, sumin set him off some thing the players do before each game or sumin…
  • Options
    Joe Joyce calling Usyk out is laughable, he's already had his arse served to him once.
  • Options
    I was scoring the rounds quite generously in terms of Joshua and I had him two down going into the final round which he lost. Joshua has a problem for the re-match in that Usyk is a better boxer. It will be interesting to see if Joshua gets heavier as outpowering him and taking him out early seems the only way he could beat him. But Usyk looks a tough customer who isn't easy to put down.
  • Options
    Just watched it back, he was totally outclassed. I think he'll do better in the rematch as he'll have to go with a different, more attacking approach. I'm not sure the outcome will be any different though.
  • Options

What state was the old man in last night?  From about 3 seconds into the football he was double lively, sumin set him off some thing the players do before each game or sumin…
    He was ok mate. 

Stuffed his face with pizza and Chilli and that sorted him out. 
  • Options
    A light AJ exposes his weaknesses as he isn't a great boxer, as showed last night. Usyk was streets ahead. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched it back, he was totally outclassed. I think he'll do better in the rematch as he'll have to go with a different, more attacking approach. I'm not sure the outcome will be any different though.
     A start would be ditching McCraken.

If there is any talent there I think he's taken him as far as he can.
  • Options
    Hard to see how he could've given Joshua both the first 2 rounds, but having the score 4-2 to Joshua after 6 isn't that 'wrong' when you see the other 2 judges had it 3-3.

He also scored 11 of the rounds exactly the same as Weisfield and 8 the same as Fesechenko.

So i wouldn't say it's the worst scoring i've ever seen. Unlike the ref in the Hatton fight.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    A good example of how this could have gone is to look at the Haye v Wlad fight. Haye the much faster but smaller man who could legitimately bang very hard and Wlad the bigger guy with a game plan of jab, jab hold or jab jab right hand. Wlad smothered him anytime he got close and leant on him using his own weight and draining Hayes energy 

Joshua hasn't become a bad boxer but what a lot of people who are more Joshua fans than they are boxing fans don't appreciate is he is a bit of a flat track bully. Looks amazing against guys who stand in front of him, treat head and lateral movement as an afterthought along with footwork and are there to be ironed out, something else and this might sound obvious but.... he doesn't like getting hurt, and I don't mean punched, he reacts really really badly to facial damage. Stick him in with one of or a combination of the following  good footwork and movement (Parker, Usyk, Ruiz) and he will struggle and thats before I think of people who throw fast combinations like Usyk and Ruiz. 

I dont think he can change his spots now, he should have watched the success Chisora had by being a bully and done just that, thrown Usyk around, hit him round the back if the head, back of the body, really made him uncomfortable. Instead he pawed out a telegraphed jab and was led around the ring by a southpaw when he could have been leading him left and throwing his right hand with intent. 

I suspect it is more down to him not having confidence in his chin.
  • Options
    Agreed Usyk was all wrong for AJ yet he still took the fight to get to Fury.

It’s worth remembering that he didn’t start boxing until very late and has does phenomenally well to use his clear physical gifts. He was actually a decent footballer before he balked up.

he’s certainly no Bruno as someone suggested. He’s a legitimate top level, world Champ.

as an aside I’ve met him and also know a childhood friend of his and he’s a cool guy, very humble and grounded - unlike a certain Mr Fury
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Anyone else get the video going round of Froch at the AJ fight absolutely off his chops whilst being interviewed after the fight 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You mean the Carl Froch that boxed in front of 100,00 people at Wembley, I think.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Anyone else get the video going round of Froch at the AJ fight absolutely off his chops whilst being interviewed after the fight 🤣
    Yeah mate, pinging out of his nut. Eyes where everywhere.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Yeah mate, pinging out of his nut. Eyes where everywhere.
    Don't know what interview that you are talking about, but I've just watched an eight minute interview with him after the fight and he seems absolutely fine. He does complain about the bright lights at the beginning but "pinging out of his nut", I don't see. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    cs1986 said:

This is the video it's taken from, and although he sounds very lucid there's certainly those telltale signs that he's on the gear*. 

https://youtu.be/KYvn823JqeM

*though it ain't Kalle Sauerland levels.
  • Options
    Manny Pacquiao has announced his retirement.

Quite simply, one of the greatest boxers of all time.
  • Options

Expect to see him back in the ring in about 15 months. 
  • Options

He's running for president of the Phillipines
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

He's running for president of the Phillipines
    I know mate and I wish him well.
    My comment was tongue in cheek. 
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

This is the video it's taken from, and although he sounds very lucid there's certainly those telltale signs that he's on the gear*. 

https://youtu.be/KYvn823JqeM

*though it ain't Kalle Sauerland levels.

Watch from 3.14 ... he is giving Kalle a run for his money there! Sees Mike Costello over his shoulder and realises he probably shouldnt be in there doing an intervview!