Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Very good showing by Luke but let’s not over do it , Loma battered him I only gave Luke 3 rds 
  • Options
    Agree with @nth london addick but fair play it was an absolute pleasure to be in the presence of such quality. Had loads of chats to say with brits and Ukrainians who just wanted to see the pfp in the flesh. He was great. Luke was immense take nothing away
  • Options
    Pure class.
    I’m so old that I’ve had the great good fortune to see many boxers who would be in the argument for the best P4P ever. Impossible to determine for absolute certainty but what I will say is that I’ve never seen better - and this is hard because I never thought anyone would challenge Ray Leonard for that crown in my lifetime.

But from a purely technical viewpoint Loma is the very best I’ve seen. It’s not just his hand speed, feet and head movement - he fights with his whole body.

A truly great sportsman.
  • Options
    I can tell my family I saw Loma... Works for me. Only other name I want to say is Lewis
  • Options
    Very good showing by Luke but let’s not over do it , Loma battered him I only gave Luke 3 rds 

Agree. And that is generous 3, I gave him 2.

I don't understand all the talk about how Campbell's stock has risen after tonight? Surely he wont get another shot at a title. He was unlucky last time out to be fair, cant remember the guys name, when he got knocked down early on but got up and fought good.

As for the p4p debate, as great a boxer as I think Lomachenko is, for me I would not have him in my top 3 p4p

• Options

I don't understand all the talk about how Campbell's stock has risen after tonight? Surely he wont get another shot at a title. He was unlucky last time out to be fair, cant remember the guys name, when he got knocked down early on but got up and fought good.

As for the p4p debate, as great a boxer as I think Lomachenko is, for me I would not have him in my top 3 p4p

So who are the three you’d have above him then? Bud Crawford is the only one I’d possibly consider but for me Loma is above him.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Lomachenko's footwork is incredible, but i wonder how much further he can go up.

To me he's a natural at 130, and obviously doing very well at 135 but if he steps up to 140 i can see his size being an issue and the best guys will cause him trouble. Will certainly be interesting to see though.

He could of course go back down to 130 to fight Davis, but i don't see Davis wanting any part of that.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

So who are the three you’d have above him then? Bud Crawford is the only one I’d possibly consider but for me Loma is above him.
    To mention Crawford Im guessing you are talking modern day? Or do you mean best p4p of all time? 
  • Options
    buckshee said:

To mention Crawford Im guessing you are talking modern day? Or do you mean best p4p of all time? 
    Modern day. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    buckshee said:

Modern day. 
    Id probably have Canilo and Crawford above him.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might be on my own with this one but does anyone else hate pound for pound rankings? They just seem completely redundant to me, yes Loma is an absolute wizard and the most technically gifted boxer I have ever seen, but even a fairly average heavyweight would take his head off his shoulders. Just appreciate the different divisions for what they are
  • Options
    I might be on my own with this one but does anyone else hate pound for pound rankings? They just seem completely redundant to me, yes Loma is an absolute wizard and the most technically gifted boxer I have ever seen, but even a fairly average heavyweight would take his head off his shoulders. Just appreciate the different divisions for what they are
    As proven when a lot of cruisers and weirdly light welterweights step up

And by EA fight night when I could punch the shit out of rocky marciano as ricky hatton or Pacquiao and barely scratch him only for him to flatten me first time he threw a jab
  • Options
    I see BJS is fighting on the undercard of a YouTube stars fight.

I get that it'll open him up to a new audience and could be a money spinner, but it still feels off.
  • Options
    I see BJS is fighting on the undercard of a YouTube stars fight.

I get that it'll open him up to a new audience and could be a money spinner, but it still feels off.
    What? Are you serious?

That's a fucking disgrace. 
  • Options
    First fight done 1.1 million PPV buys on YouTube 
    no wonder Hearn wants to get involved 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I watched the first fight on YouTube because my girls 12 & 9 at the time insisted. They liked it and both watched the Campbell fight with me as they have a couple of others. My girls show no interest in sport on tv whatsoever except now for boxing. The exposure to the sport for so many will be a goldmine so I can see why Hearn is getting involved

ps the first fight was tragic
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Chisora doesn't sound too happy.

Strong language warning.

• Options
    Chisora doesn't sound too happy.

Strong language warning.

Top man....
  • Options
    I make him right.

Chisora v Parker is the ticket seller for this.

No way the main event would sell out the o2 and get enough PPV sales if Chisora Parker wasn't on the bill.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clearly staged for publicity but I actually think there's a lot of truth in this.  Chisora vs Parker is the ticket selling fight
  • Options
    Derek Chisora has his moments like this, and I make him right. The fact it's another bullshit pay per view adds to it, hes been selling the fight and doing his thing with Parker and looks in decent shape then his big event fight gets shunted. 

Sky and Hearn are just beyind point Rubicon now and televised boxing on sky I can see becoming a thing of the past, not just because of Hearn but there are so many options to watch fights live now that for Sky to be charging premium rate for this card it just confirms to me they have no long term interest in backing boxing in Britain and now a few of Hearns golden geese have retired or taken a downward slump I think he has lost interest in UK boxing
  • Options
    Hearn looks like a nearly man at the moment. Slight change from the polished and self acclaimed slick operator from a year back.
  • Options
    Whilst i agree with Chisora on what he said, surely he already agreed to the fight terms and already knew he wouldn't be main event when he signed?

If this is a genuine issue and is not just scripted to create more hype then he should probably moan at his own promoter who was sat next to him saying absolutely nothing.

• Options
    MTKs golden contract tournament will be on Sky

first event will be October 4th
  • Options
    Rumours (and I hope that’s all it is) that Sakio Bika (40) will fight Nigel Benn (55) in November.  Benn hasn’t fought professionally for 23 years 
  • Options
    It’s true 
  • Options
    Rumours (and I hope that’s all it is) that Sakio Bika (40) will fight Nigel Benn (55) in November.  Benn hasn’t fought professionally for 23 years 

Just so, so sad to read this.

Nigel already took way too many punches, he really doesn't need any more.

Anyone paying to see this is a sicko.
  • Options
    Reading Canelo might step up to light heavy and fight kovalev?