Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Reading Canelo might step up to light heavy and fight kovalev?
    He better get on the Mexican beef again then. 
  • Options
    Sakio Bika is not the type of person someone in their prime would enjoy fighting let alone a man in their 50s. He's a big rangy brute of a boxer and not one to take it easy on someone 

I could understand Nigel Benn doing some exhibition stuff to get anything left in the tank gone but this is stupid. 
  • Options
    Remember, Benn will have god in his corner.
  • Options
    Remember, Benn will have god in his corner.
    Eric Clapton is his corner man?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Reading Canelo might step up to light heavy and fight kovalev?

• Options
    Canelo Kovalev now signed.
    November 2nd @ MGM Grand
  • Options
    Canelo will win, and win pretty easily. 
  • Options
    Kovalev is getting on now and if he wasn't so old there's no way Canelo would take the fight.
  • Options
    Is it tonight Tyson Fury is fighting Wallin?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Is it tonight Tyson Fury is fighting Wallin?
    Yes.
  • Options
    Kovalev is getting on now and if he wasn't so old there's no way Canelo would take the fight.
    You are aware that Canelo has the best resume in boxing right? 
  • Options
    You are aware that Canelo has the best chemist in boxing right? 

• Options
    Kovalev is a hard bastard and hits people very hard. Nobody else has come close to putting Ward on his arse 

He looked very vulnerable at points against Yarde the other week and whilst Alvarez is another prospect entirely to Yarde I think he will have too high a work rate for Kovalev now who is firmly on the cash out 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Wallin having a real go at Fury here, Tyson with a pretty bad cut above his right eye.
  • Options
    Think this may get stopped because of the cut, was caused by a punch so Fury will lose if it's stopped!
  • Options
    Tyson wins on points, a bit surprised it wasn't stopped as the cut is massive.
  • Options
    Big cut but above the eyebrow and although was affecting vision It would’ve been a harsh stoppage 

bigger issue is he made hard work of Wallin 

although I must say wallin fought out of skin 

very disappointed in Isaac performance he won and is fit and healthy although yet again his hand is not right , needs to seriously look at his inability to follow the fight plan , he did everything he was told not to do especially looking for the ko when it wasn’t showing 
  • Options
    Hard to know what to make of that until we see Wallin fight other top rank fighters. 

Problem for Tyson, as it was for that other great stylist Herol Graham, is that he does not have a knock out punch. 

That means he has to take all his opponents the full twelve... and that is always a risk. 
  • Options
    Only 8,249 of the 20k seats at the T-Mobile arena were sold for the fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair to say John Fury wasn't happy.

"I’ve never seen him as bad… He’s a lucky man to get the win… If he’d have been in front of any other man tonight, Wilder, Ruiz, he wouldn’t be coming away the winner. He wouldn’t have beat Povetkin on that performance."

“If I had my say, the lot would be gone. If he keeps hold of that team, they’re gonna cost him his career, I’ll say it live on TV. The team around him now, Ben Davison, whatever he’s got in charge of the business needs to have a look in the mirror.”

• Options
    Credit to Wallin, he came to win and think he’ll definitely get some more decent fights aftwr that performance.

That was a really bad cut to Fury though, I think if that had happened to a lower profile fighter with less money on the line, it could’ve been stopped. 

not the best performance from fury. He had a bad day at the office, but still come away with the W. 
  • Options
    I thought Wallin boxed brilliantly to be honest. Fury was really made to work and looked as tired as I've ever seen him, that said the cut was a nasty one and he had a shade of luck not being stopped for it. That said he boxed brilliantly in stages but like a lot of good technical boxers (8 years ago no way would I class Fury as a good technical boxer!) he will always be looking at needing to be fit for 12 rounds and 12 strong rounds 
  • Options
    If Fury fights AJ and he opens that cut, it's good night Vienna.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Fair to say John Fury wasn't happy.

"I’ve never seen him as bad… He’s a lucky man to get the win… If he’d have been in front of any other man tonight, Wilder, Ruiz, he wouldn’t be coming away the winner. He wouldn’t have beat Povetkin on that performance."

“If I had my say, the lot would be gone. If he keeps hold of that team, they’re gonna cost him his career, I’ll say it live on TV. The team around him now, Ben Davison, whatever he’s got in charge of the business needs to have a look in the mirror.”

John is a fine man a traveller to the bone and as such he says what he like when he likes with no fear of comeback. 

However John sees Tyson’s path,  for long periods of his life Tyson made the choices because Johns import and export business hit difficulties and he ended up on an extended stay in a 9x6 room 

I often questioned myself why Tyson was with  Ben but then I was able to witness for myself first hand what this was, it’s more than the development of his boxing Ben has cleared the mess from in the big mans head , he has him smiling and believing in life not just boxing 

Ben is young very young but he is studious and knowledgeable beyond his years he like all boxing people study the art and do the research, they have the ability to absorb and pass on this information 

John is well within his rights as father to comment but should do so behind closed doors 

• Options
    got ofc phone to issac earlier and it turns out he broke his hand over a week ago but decided not to pull out, although it shows heart and guts I can’t help but feel it shows naivety and backs up a bit of what John is speaking about 

me and isaac have had a few cross words recently as I don’t think he is living the life and putting everything in that’s required and as such we haven’t sponsored his last two fights and I have done that with a heavy heart as I really do have a lot of love for him and the Lowe family especially his fantastic mum who is a total legend of a woman you will have to travel far and wide to find a more kind and caring lady and one who is a true matriarch within the community. 

But issac having to shed 2.6 stone in 6 weeks tells me that there is a lack of leadership and discipline in the camp 

where was Ricky and I know why Agar’was missing but like I said to him today , you need to focus you need to live it and you need to learn quickly because this could be over before it begun 

on a brighter note 

maxi Hughes Has the chance for the WBO European lightweight  belt against Liam Walsh at the York hall in November 

this is is a big ask a complete outside chance but he has a chance so @Brunello we need to sit with Maxi you will find him a total gent unassuming and extremely humble with any help we can offer , but the kid 100% sums up the values you and I have within DNEL 

@LewSmith94 what’s your thoughts I can’t help but say Liam is odds on but been totally out of the game since gevonte davies fight I think he has had 1 6td at Brentwood since that fight two and a bit years ago 

• Options
    I’ve said it before but I always appreciate the very frank and knowledgable insights on this thread from people like @nth london addick and @carter and others who really know the game. Makes us casual viewers a lot more informed. Keep it up guys. 
    My sentiments exactly.
  • Options
    Fury had 47 stitches in the end, gonna cause him some issue in future fights that's for sure. 
  • Options
    @nth london addick I watched an ifl interview with Ben the other day. Apparently this camp for Lowe has been solely about making weight.

He doesn’t have the discipline outside of camp to maintain weight and has spent this whole camp grafting those pounds off. How much of that is true I don’t know, but that’s what Ben said in his interview.