Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Options
    1StevieG said:

We need to form a new group to counter these daft statements released on the Internet by our glorious dear leader. We should call it Charlton Life Information Terrorists. Sign up now to join the C.L.I.T.

Guessing, and not being rude, you wasn't on here 5 years back ?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I had though the hey Roland chant was offensive in its use of the word c_nt.

Now, totally justified to go so far.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

We need to form a new group to counter these daft statements released on the Internet by our glorious dear leader. We should call it Charlton Life Information Terrorists. Sign up now to join the C.L.I.T.

Guessing, and not being rude, you wasn't on here 5 years back ?
    5 years and a month. But no I wasn't aware of another C.L.I.T.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

This club has SERIOUSLY affected my productivity at work this week. It's gone from being new developments every day to practically every hour!

I have not done a stroke all week.
    Good man, it makes you go blind you know, well that's what my science teacher warned us at school :wink: .
    Did he also tell you that it doesn't count if he does it for you?
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

This club has SERIOUSLY affected my productivity at work this week. It's gone from being new developments every day to practically every hour!

Same here.

Think I need to take some time away from CL.... How many weeks til the end of season?
    I'll give £50 to the Upbeats if you can stay off here for 48 hours continuous.
    No cheating, no using someone else's name.
    48 hours.
    Call that a deal. This is my final post & visit until Sunday.

Let's see how it goes.
    By posting that does it mean you've failed to stay offthesite already ?
    The beauty is he wont even be able to provide a comeback... If he doesnt come online until Sunday there will probably be another 1,000 comments on this thread alone so wont even see your comment
  • Options
    lungrot said:

most Orient fans are with us, as I'm sure is the rest of the football world

http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic15899.html

There are plenty of dickish comments in there, mind.
    Suppose the Standard Liege fans were wrong in their criticism of duchatelet too....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Extract

No they don't, but they do it with a football club and that's very weird (meaning unique) because they feel a sense of ownership of a football club and that's a really difficult balance of how you try and engage with fans and make them, incorporated into some of the decisions of the club,
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/statement-3009419.aspx#J53rr5qOOeI4Iw84.99

However a Thesaurus search reveals many alternatives to weird - but none of which are 'unique'
    whilst a Thesaurus search of unique reveals many alternatives to unique - but none of which are 'weird'

I always understood however that there are no gradations of uniqueness - it either is or it isn't.

If so, and if unique was what NightMeire actually meant to say then how unlucky for Roland that he bought the only football club in England where you would find this unique bond between the Club and its fans.

Dohland - why don't you step back from trying to fool us with semantics and study modern history instead. Why, wasn't it just last year that the fans of Standard Liege rebelled against their owner.
    I wonder why that was? Oh yes........Dohland you utter muppet.......
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Same here.

Think I need to take some time away from CL.... How many weeks til the end of season?
    I'll give £50 to the Upbeats if you can stay off here for 48 hours continuous.
    No cheating, no using someone else's name.
    48 hours.
    Call that a deal. This is my final post & visit until Sunday.

Let's see how it goes.
    By posting that does it mean you've failed to stay offthesite already ?
    I'll let him off that one........
  • Options
    It does make me chuckle how what Katrien said about customers has been spun widely out of context - and now Roland has come in to explain the context of what she said and now what he has said has been further spun out of context!
  • Options

It does make me chuckle how what Katrien said about customers has been spun widely out of context - and now Roland has come in to explain the context of what she said and now what he has said has been further spun out of context!

Yeah everything was so out of context that our NEW head of communications felt it necessary to resign due to two car crash statements!!
  • Options

Because she did compare us to customers, and it has been backed up with an explanation that is telling us weird means unique - I may not have a degree in English but I certainly know what weird means and it's not unique, whether he's fluent in English or not if he's trying to explain something he has to do so correctly.

Proof of the pudding is Katrien is trying to sell us a UNIQUE matchday experience at Charlton. Now according to them both, or atleast Roland, she is trying to sell us a weird matchday experience.

Hmm..
    To be fair, last Sunday was pretty weird for a football match
  • Options
    Not sure Dohland will stick.

But I like it.
  • Options
    I think there is more chance of Roland selling up if we stay up - and i think the veiled message behind his latest car crash statement was just that. If we go down i think he may want to get us promoted before selling so this nonsense could drag on for some time. No season ticket, nothing that can get us any point deductions and maximum support of the team - that will be my modus operandi for the next couple of months - he and the rest of the football world have got the message so lets concentrate all our efforts on staying up now I would recommend
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

I think there is more chance of Roland selling up if we stay up - and i think the veiled message behind his latest car crash statement was just that. If we go down i think he may want to get us promoted before selling so this nonsense could drag on for some time. No season ticket renewal, nothing that can get us any point deductions and maximum support of the team - that will be my modus operandi for the next couple of months - he and the rest of the football world have got the message so lets concentrate all our efforts on staying up now I would recommend

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This statement and the Supporters Trust interview with Douglas De Koninck (sp?) suggest Roland is basically mental.

If you could imagine the lamest Bond villain possible, it would be Roland Duchâtelet
  • Options

This statement and the Supporters Trust interview with Douglas De Koninck (sp?) suggest Roland is basically mental.

If you could imagine the lamest Bond villain possible, it would be Roland Duchâtelet

Dohland is deluded without question and deranged most likely.

With an obsession to be viewed by others as an Alan Turing type figure (who went his own way when everyone else thought he was crackers) I expect he does indeed have an underground base with a secret tunnel entrance beneath that weird Atomic sculpture thing in Brussels with a big pin-board map where gets uniformed secretaries to move the little counters around which represent the current location of his staff and football players.

I vote we break in, grab the Meire counter, make thousands of copies and lob them onto the pitch v Birmingham.

Sorry, all this is really getting to me - I want to go back to leading a normal life but this will only happen when they are gone.
  • Options

There is a likeness to a Bond Villain!
  • Options

Can get Warwick Davis to play Chris Solly...

Or AFKA? :smiley:
  • Options
    "Whom does the club expect to be sold to?" - Peter varneys investors

"How long would a sales process take?" - can someone ask Peter that very question.

How long did it take for Roland to become owner of the club after the initial interest and approach? Im thinking a few months possibly.
  • Options
    Succotash said:

Dear Fans,

Last Tuesday, an old man who does not come to The Valley to watch and support the team, but wrote to create disorder, between fans, on the pitch and to interfere with managers and players. Disorder which is, allegedly, needed to drive change in the world game of soccer to his vision.

Whom did he expect would accept his vague vision? How long would he take to explain and convince someone with a gram of football knowledge to go along with his nonsense? Is it easier for the old man’s daft ideas to work than it is to recreate a pig from a pulled pork bap. Did anyone know Alan Turing? The old man is no Alan Turing.

This old man and his carers seem to want the club to succeed. This is a confused approach, since following this logic leads to exactly the opposite of what we all want: the old man and his carers leaving the club. It’s confused in a confusing way that only causes confusion.

But let us give the old man his due.
    Allegations regarding the old man’s carers are misrepresented* and are continuously used as a method to “misinterpretate” © , to say they promote vacuous objectives in place of strategy and that he, the old man, has a method to employ individuals beyond their experience and skills fuelling craven loyalty and cultish adherence risking the future of the club through nose- lengthening mendacity.

Although everyone involved knows nothing happened in recent weeks the old man, Wally Duckshit, said he has met fans and his carer in chief has visited the Greenwich Fan Museum and watches fans from behind the Boardroom blinds and Comms team have helped a fan find an alternative snack shack in Harvey Gardens on more than one occasion. All parties involved will continue refusing the tablets to allow this constructive delusion to continue. (where’s Mel? KM)
    . We have 9 events left for the old man to avoid when coming to the Valley in which we have to get 6 points. With two points for a win and five for a red card we could achieve this and all have an early summer.

The team only got 7 points out of 3 games.

We still have the chance to make it happen with the support of the fans fueling personal abuse and threatening personal safety we can get those red card points until the very last game. We must believe it is still possible. Every football fan knows that if we can play with 12 men on the pitch it is a crucial factor in the success on the pitch even if two get sent off.

Ja, dit stukje! Zet het ook!!!!!.
    *I think the difference is also because fans don't see themselves as customers and {…} they go to the restaurants with their families every week and they go to the cinema but if they aren't satisfied with the product will they go and scream to the people in charge of it? Of course they do. I had a mouse in a pasty once.

and I can’t {…} stand it when Clint Eastwood{…….} speaks. with a football club it's very weird (meaning weird) because they feel they could point like Reza and know more than K Fraeye that's a really difficult balance of how you try and engage with fans when deliberately bringing in incompetents and make them, incorporated into some of the decisions of the club, {…}. like reducing chip holder tray size and introduce tisanes for refreshment experience
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/statement-wallyduckshit
    3009419.aspx#3Qr13o6IlfKlQBED.99

Even when it is in jest, the word "Soccer" makes me want to kill people.