Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Options
    Can the last person to leave turn all the lights out...
  • Options

"Some individuals seem to want the club to fail."

Yep and my money is on these two...............

Didn't realise she was also a Nun in her spare time!!
    Not according to the song she isn't. All together now...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOAH
  • Options
    All day and still no proper response from fans@cafc.co.uk to my e-mail of last night

Dear all at CAFC,

I have just seen the recent Club Statement.

I am truly and genuinely shocked, and also at the belated attempt to rectify the 'customer' mistake at this stage?

Even having been told its not fake I still can't quite believe that a 'business' which is what it purports to be, would allow this unfettered rant with its incredible PS to be published. Not only Katrien Meire's position but surely that also now of Mel Baroni must be untenable. This is melt down stuff!!!!!

You have totally lost it.

yours in shock
    John

AUTO REPLY TO ME

Charlton Athletic Football Club
    Attachments23:41 (21 hours ago)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch. Just to let you know your email has been received and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as they can.

Best wishes,

Charlton Athletic Football Club.

• Options
    I cannot believe this statement, I have sent an email to cafc in response.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So this did actually happen?
  • Options
    Is it the 1st of April?
  • Options

So this did actually happen?

Yes. Just when you think you've seen everything.

Gary Johnstone in Team America never saw this.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Last ecstatic high I remember was Jensen getting the winner when Brad Friedal scored at the covered end :-/
  • Options
    Made himself look a complete twat. Cringingly awful,nonsensical and utter rubbish.
  • Options

I'm going to ask a really stupid question...

Anyone know how last night's PR master class has gone down in Belgium (if at all)?

It just seems to me that the maximum embarrassment of RD in his own backyard is to be encouraged and welcomed (more so, even, than the UK).

@Dreke373 is your man to answer that question
  • Options

Anyone know how last night's PR master class has gone down in Belgium (if at all)?

one article here...
    hln.be/hln/nl/950/Buitenlands-Voetbal/article/detail/2648274/2016/03/16/Duchatelet-heeft-ons-de-oorlog-verklaard.dhtml
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    26 hours later, it's still there, no edit, no response, no apology, nothing. Are they just going to pretend that didn't happen?? They can't hide forever, there's season tickets to sell...
  • Options
    although an apology would require them to admit wrongdoings and/or show some understanding
  • Options

I'm going to ask a really stupid question...

It just seems to me that the maximum embarrassment of RD in his own backyard is to be encouraged and welcomed (more so, even, than the UK).

http://www.lesoir.be/1152212/article/sports/football/football-international/2016-03-16/mis-sous-pression-charlton-duchatelet-repond-via-un-communique

This is from Le Soir - it's basically a rehash/translation of the statement, but tellingly the last paragraph, roughly translated, says «Will this be enough to calm the supporter's protests. Many have rightly critisized this communiqué which tries to blame the protests on a few individuals»
  • Options
    The protests started in November for me. I had to check. The 2% protest was late November.

It's not a new thing.

At least four months of home game protests.

I asked the lad today (nearly 6) what he thought. Summarised he said 'Dad, I enjoy the protests but I want to support the team and I want a good team.'

We are playing FIFA16 and have a Charlton team and a Barcelona team. In iPad app world where we have one squad he has won 3 premiership seasons with a pure Charlton team. He is wearing Liverpool kit now because he's outgrown his Charlton kit and I won't buy the next size up.

'Dad, are we going to do what we do after the game again...'what's that protest!' 'Yes that's it.'

Rotten.

• Options
    jams said:

although an apology would require them to admit wrongdoings and/or show some understanding

An apology from Nutty Roland would be along the lines of "some of you scrum took offence at my quite reasonable statement ...well, that's your problem" etc
  • Options
    I thought Kashi was in the coffin along with the fans hopes
  • Options
    Addickted said:

So the owner tells me I went to Sunday's game with my son not to support the team but to cause disorder both on and off the pitch.

STATEMENT

Both my son and I fully supported our team for the first 74 minutes of our victory on Sunday. Come and sit with me and my group of friends M. Duchatalet and experience what being a true supporter of an English League Club is like. I bet you've never gone home from a football match hoarse. I bet you've never experienced the depressing lows and the ecstatic highs that I have following my team.

I bet you've never been so disturbed about the way your Club is being run, that you've felt it necessary to travel to another Country to make your absent owner aware how dissatisfied you are at the management and it's capabilities at running a successful English football club.

I went to your home town M. Duchatalet and missed my 12th home league game in 39 years to let you know how pissed off I was. And I did it peacefully. You saw and read the leaflet you got. Your clearly not getting the message from your minions, so we brought it directly to you.

How dare you even suggest that I don't support my team. How dare you.

Next season was to be my 40th successive season of being a Season Ticket holder. Can you or your CEO even consider what it means to me and many others that we will not be renewing? Can you even imagine what you have done to make me come to this decision?

Or my son, who 28 years ago was the youngest Junior Red ever? Who was at the game with me on Sunday, singing himself hoarse supporting the team as usual. Who was in St Truiden with me supporting his Club against intolerable mismanagement he sees on an almost weekly basis.

Why do you think we're doing this M. Duchatalet? Because we don't understand the difference between 'weird' and 'unique'?

That's semantics.

What we see is incompetence, arrogance and an inability to realise when you've made a serious error of judgement.

And it could have been so different. If only you could have appreciated the real power behind the Club and use it to your benefit.

That power is us, the fans. And we will be the ones still here long after you and your pathetic whimpering girl have left the club for pastures new.

You bought the wrong Club.

Addickted said:

So the owner tells me I went to Sunday's game with my son not to support the team but to cause disorder both on and off the pitch.

STATEMENT

Both my son and I fully supported our team for the first 74 minutes of our victory on Sunday. Come and sit with me and my group of friends M. Duchatalet and experience what being a true supporter of an English League Club is like. I bet you've never gone home from a football match hoarse. I bet you've never experienced the depressing lows and the ecstatic highs that I have following my team.

I bet you've never been so disturbed about the way your Club is being run, that you've felt it necessary to travel to another Country to make your absent owner aware how dissatisfied you are at the management and it's capabilities at running a successful English football club.

I went to your home town M. Duchatalet and missed my 12th home league game in 39 years to let you know how pissed off I was. And I did it peacefully. You saw and read the leaflet you got. Your clearly not getting the message from your minions, so we brought it directly to you.

How dare you even suggest that I don't support my team. How dare you.

Next season was to be my 40th successive season of being a Season Ticket holder. Can you or your CEO even consider what it means to me and many others that we will not be renewing? Can you even imagine what you have done to make me come to this decision?

Or my son, who 28 years ago was the youngest Junior Red ever? Who was at the game with me on Sunday, singing himself hoarse supporting the team as usual. Who was in St Truiden with me supporting his Club against intolerable mismanagement he sees on an almost weekly basis.

Why do you think we're doing this M. Duchatalet? Because we don't understand the difference between 'weird' and 'unique'?

That's semantics.

What we see is incompetence, arrogance and an inability to realise when you've made a serious error of judgement.

And it could have been so different. If only you could have appreciated the real power behind the Club and use it to your benefit.

That power is us, the fans. And we will be the ones still here long after you and your pathetic whimpering girl have left the club for pastures new.

You bought the wrong Club.

Terrific post.

Sums up the situation brilliantly.