Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21 yesterday 14/03/16 and today 15/03/15

Comments

• dickplumb said:

I would think that Sarr, Johnson, Holmes- Dennis, KAG, Jackson, Ba will play along with some U21s.

I guess Johnson / Jackson and someone else will be the only overage players so we'll be allowed such an experienced squad?
    Just because we play our U21 squad, we don't have to.

I thought the Kent Senior Cup was open to players of all ages?

• Oggy Red said:

dickplumb said:

I would think that Sarr, Johnson, Holmes- Dennis, KAG, Jackson, Ba will play along with some U21s.

I guess Johnson / Jackson and someone else will be the only overage players so we'll be allowed such an experienced squad?

I only asked because with the U21s you can only play a Goalkeeper and three outfield players who are over that age... I thought the rules were the same in regards to the Kent Senior Cup for Charlton and Gillingham which is why we rejoined (Until Gillingham broke that promise last season).
  • Oggy Red said:

dickplumb said:

I only asked because with the U21s you can only play a Goalkeeper and three outfield players who are over that age... I thought the rules were the same in regards to the Kent Senior Cup for Charlton and Gillingham which is why we rejoined (Until Gillingham broke that promise last season).
    Okay, didn't realise Charlton and Gillingham were excepted?

But I'm sure the Conference (or whatever it's called now) clubs can play their 1st team if they choose.

• KAG and THD are under 21.

Sarr was only 22 on the 13th August so might still count as an U21 player anyway

• I've always guessed thats because they dont have the squad size / resources to have an U18 / U21 / Senior squad plus I guess if Whitstable Town played their U21s against ours they'd get absolutely mullered
  • KAG and THD are under 21.

Sarr was only 22 on the 13th August so might still count as an U21 player anyway

He probably would do as 23-year olds are allowed to go to the U21 Euros arent they (Provided they were 21 when qualifying began).
  • More a gentleman's agreement than a rule which Gills broke last year but still lost.

Doubt they will want to risk any injuries to key players like Sarr.

Yes, and we want to win this cup :smile:

Sarr is now 5th or 6th choice CB, behind Tex, Fanni, Lennon, and Johnson, with Bauer to come back (and that doesn't even include Diarra)

• Diarra for me though is never a CB and should never have been put in the situation where he was forced to play CB for the majority of the season
  • Off the back of this

Johnson or Sarr?

Which would you keep if you had to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sarr without any thought... He's got the potential to become a good player whilst Johnson is just heading in one direction now
  • From Ketts at Dr Kish:

The Addicks travel to Ebbsfleet on Tuesday evening for the semi-final of the Kent Senior Cup.

Jason Euell is likely to field a strong team which could include players with first team experience, such as Naby Sarr, Karlan Ahearne-Grant and Cristian Ceballos.

The game at Stonebridge Road will kick-off at 7.45pm.
  • ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

The Addicks travel to Ebbsfleet on Tuesday evening for the semi-final of the Kent Senior Cup.

Jason Euell is likely to field a strong team which could include players with first team experience, such as Naby Sarr, Karlan Ahearne-Grant and Cristian Ceballos.

Thought he said strong team?
  • iamdan said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

Didn't he also announced the wrong team on Saturday 3 hours before KO ?
  • PL54 said:

iamdan said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

What game on Saturday?
  • JohnnyH2 said:

PL54 said:

iamdan said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

What game on Saturday?
    Sunday
  • PL54 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

PL54 said:

iamdan said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

What game on Saturday?
    Sunday
    No wonder you thought the game was a 100% boycott.
  • ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

I've been at the training ground all morning. Most 1st teamers were in the gym, those in need of minutes included Igor, Jacko, Sanogo. We're all training well.

Didn't see Mitov, KAG, Ba, ceballos so this could be true.
  • Swisdom said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

I've been at the training ground all morning. Most 1st teamers were in the gym, those in need of minutes included Igor, Jacko, Sanogo. We're all training well.

Any chance of an update on Kashi? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

iamdan said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

Ketts does not announce the team, just the one he thinks may be chosen, as well you know
  • edited March 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Swisdom said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

• Dazzler21 said:

Swisdom said:

ross1 said:

From Ketts at Dr Kish:

Funnily enough someone asked Erol about Kashi. He's out of the country recovering from his achilles surgery.

I'm wondering if my choice of shirt sponsorship this year is unlikely to yield a signed shirt from the man himself.......

• probably 35 years since I went to Stonebridge Road. Any idea what parking is like?
  • I would suggest parking in the Ebbsfleet international car park nearest the ground. Costs £3 and is secure, and quick route back onto a2 after.
  • edited March 2016
    Selling Plate?
  • Interesting to see Ceballos playing, hoping to get back into first team or get himself a loan somewhere?
  • Ebbsfleet have got a couple of right Charlies playing for them.

• Ebbsfleet teamsheet typers are getting better, i only notice one mistake.