Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21 yesterday 14/03/16 and today 15/03/15

edited March 2016 in General Charlton
Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1h1 hour ago
U21S | Our development squad take on @MillwallFC in a top-of-the-table clash at Hayes Lane this afternoon and team news is in... #cafcCHARLTON U21S SUBS | Beeney, Lapslie, Moore, Ahearne-Grant, Ansah #cafc

CHARLTON | Mitov, Barnes, Edwards, Dijksteel, Thomas, Obileye, Charles-Cook, Konsa, Kennedy, Umerah, Hanlan #cafc

CHARLTON U21S SUBS | Beeney, Lapslie, Moore, Ahearne-Grant, Ansah #cafc

Comments

• I'm surprised that they're playing today. haven't we got ebbsfleet in the Kent cup tomorrow night?
  • So who'll play against Ebbsfleet tomorrow then?
  • Is currently 0-0 by the way
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 27m27 minutes ago
    1' The Addicks get us under way at a sunny Hayes Lane. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 21m21 minutes ago
    7' Chance for Charlton as Thomas' volley is blocked in the box. Charlton win a corner... #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 20m20 minutes ago
    8' Millwall get it clear. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 16m16 minutes ago
    11' Chance! Umerah swivels and volley's goalward, but it deflects just wide. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    24' Konsa fires over the bar, but the Addicks wanted a free-kick on the edge of the box for a foul on Dijksteel seconds before. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    24' Ref says he played advantage... #cafc

26' Konsa wins a free-kick in a good position, 25 yards from goal.... #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    27' Obileye's effort draws a good save from Forde. #cafc
  • Why is this being played at Hayes Lane when I have to work in Orpington all day?
  • Forde in goal for their under 21's
  • Why is this being played at Hayes Lane when I have to work in Orpington all day?

You could have told me you were @ work in Orpington!!... We could have been lunch buddies!!
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 19s20 seconds ago
    31' Great football down the right sees Barnes, Hanlan and Kennedy combine well, but final cross is cleared. #cafc
  • Konza in midfield?
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 8m8 minutes ago
    42' O'Brien handles in the box as he goes for a header. Referee doesn't see linesman's flag, but Charlton get clear regardless. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 6m6 minutes ago
    44' Dijksteel tries his luck from distance, but it's well over. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 5m5 minutes ago
    45+1 Close! Charles-Cook does brilliantly to get into the box, but his low cross evades everyone. #cafc

HT | @MillwallFC U21s 0 Charlton U21s 0. A good, competitive first half ends goalless at Hayes Lane. #cafc

Doesnt O'Brien play a lot for their First-Team as well these days?
  • Sponsored links:

• 0-0 here at half time. Mitov not tested and Forde (haha) tested once from an Obileye free kick.

Been a game that's been played in the middle of the park. No real clear cut chances. The ref has missed an off the ball from their player on Kennedy but nothing too major. We've been quite sloppy and trying to rush things.

Standing behind the two dugouts and you can really see why Euell is highly thought of as an U21 boss. Organising from the side.

So far, Charles-Cook has had a few good runs with the ball but the forward are too static at the moment. Second half will see the sun in Forde's eyes so hopefully more will happen.

It's been quite dull so far.
  • anything kicked off on the terraces as of yet?
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 26m26 minutes ago
    46' Millwall get the second half under way here at Hayes Lane. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 25m25 minutes ago
    46' The Addicks win an early corner.... #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 25m25 minutes ago
    46' ...Edwards delivery from the right...cleared. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 23m23 minutes ago
    48' Millwall's Farrell booked for dissent. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 18m18 minutes ago
    53' Charlton put together a fantastic passing move, keeping possession before Kennedy's header is collected by Forde. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 15m15 minutes ago
    56' Philpot fires over from inside the box for Millwall. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 7m7 minutes ago
    63' Millwall enjoying a good spell. O'Brien just fired wide from close range. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 52s53 seconds ago
    71' SUB: Kennedy off, Moore on. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 59s60 seconds ago
    74' Umerah wins a free-kick wide left. Edwards will swing it in... #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 31s32 seconds ago
    75' ...it comes off a Millwall boot, but Forde collects on the line. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    78' Konsa streams forward on a great run, but Mbulu brings him down. FK 25 yards out... #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m2 minutes ago
    79' ...Obileye steps up...but it's smashed well over the stand. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 54s54 seconds ago
    84' Chance! Ball drops to Obileye in the box following a set-piece, but he hooks it over the bar from 10 yards. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    86' Hanlan turns and shoots straight at Forde. #cafc
    87' Charles-Cook goes for a curling, angled effort, but it's over. #cafc
    89' Save! Mitov gets down well to keep out Twardek's effort, and O'Brien's on hand for the rebound, but Charlton get it clear.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 40s40 seconds ago
    FT | @MillwallFC 0 Charlton 0. @jasoneuell's side continue their incredible unbeaten league run as Lions fail to close the gap. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't help but feel we had an eye on tomorrow's game vs Ebbsfleet. The likes of KAG/Ansah/Lapslie didn't make an appearance.

The second half was livelier than the first. Their striker was getting behind our back four quite easily. Konsa could've been sent off as he was last man at the start of the second half but the ref deemed it to be fair.

RCC was in my opinion, our best player. Tried to get the ball moving forward with some good tuns and passes. Almost got on the end of a really Good cross from Brandon Hall late on but it wasn't to be.

We made one sub.. Moore on and Kennedy off. This was needed and the fresh legs gave their defence something to think about.

A draw was probably a fair result in the grand scheme of things. Terrell Thomas looks a good player too. Still unbeaten.
  • edited March 2016
    Nope sorry I cant, I just cannot click on that link!!

All hope is lost for you @Dazzler21 so why dont you go on there and copy the pictures for us to see?
  • edited March 2016
    All the action from Valley encounter
    Millwall U18s hopes of progressing through to the FA Youth Cup Fourth Round ended in heartbreaking hilarious fashion at The Valley on Wednesday night as Charlton edged smashed them in a dramatic penalty shoot-out 4-2 after the two teams had been locked some how finished level 1-1 at the end of extra time.

The amazing hosts had taken a second-half lead, but that lasted just five minutes when The Lions' Lewis White scored nicked a goal and a spectators hand bag for the second FA Youth Cup game in succession to level the tie and gather bus fares for he and his team mates.

Neither side was able to conjure up a second goal despite the mighty Addicks looking far better to settle a tightly fought the game, sending the match into penalties, and a desperately unlucky funny exit for the gallant shitty young Lions.

Almost verbatim from their site. Can't download the pics i'm afraid... probably full of viruses like their fans.
  • So will Sarr get a game tomorrow night then? Just to remind him what a football pitch looks like...
  • Can't help but feel we had an eye on tomorrow's game vs Ebbsfleet. The likes of KAG/Ansah/Lapslie didn't make an appearance.

The second half was livelier than the first. Their striker was getting behind our back four quite easily. Konsa could've been sent off as he was last man at the start of the second half but the ref deemed it to be fair.

RCC was in my opinion, our best player. Tried to get the ball moving forward with some good tuns and passes. Almost got on the end of a really Good cross from Brandon Hall late on but it wasn't to be.

We made one sub.. Moore on and Kennedy off. This was needed and the fresh legs gave their defence something to think about.

A draw was probably a fair result in the grand scheme of things. Terrell Thomas looks a good player too. Still unbeaten.

Lapslie has been playing for the U18s, Ansah was on the bench for the last U21 game. Joe Aribo was the only regular not starting.
  • I would think that Sarr, Johnson, Holmes- Dennis, KAG, Jackson, Ba will play along with some U21s.
  • I'll be popping along to this one tonight....should be a good game.
  • dickplumb said:

I would think that Sarr, Johnson, Holmes- Dennis, KAG, Jackson, Ba will play along with some U21s.

I guess Johnson / Jackson and someone else will be the only overage players so we'll be allowed such an experienced squad?