Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***CARD Statement - Post Middlesbrough H***

Comments

• Options
    Excellent. A dignified thanks to all who helped and took part yesterday together with pointed demolition of the club's statement.

Well done.
  • Options

Whilst we are in the spotlight can we not ask the football league and the F A to investigate the intentions of RD or the future.

Do you mean the same Football League that passed Roland under the fit and proper persons test? ;)
  • Options

Whilst we are in the spotlight can we not ask the football league and the F A to investigate the intentions of RD or the future.

Do you mean the same Football League that passed Roland under the fit and proper persons test? ;)
    Might be worth a try even if all it does is inconvenience him
  • Options
    He could pass fit and proper test financially but still mismanage
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Nearly a million views on the sky Facebook clip doing the rounds, Roland out chant sounds proper loud as well, simple but effective

That's impressive
  • Options
    Can honestly say that I was gutted to be away this weekend, despite the sunshine, pool and alcohol that made for a very enjoyable afternoon.

Had toyed with going to the bar here to watch, but so glad I stayed and watched at the villa. Gave me the chance to watch the Sky coverage in full and, despite the slating we have given them about our lack of tv exposure over the last few years, they really did us proud...as did every supporter who helped pull all the different demos together, organised, assisted and took part and to all who celebrated a great win on the pitch and off it (not you @Off_it :wink: )

That statement is also the perfect response to the feeble attempt of the Club to try and respond to yesterday's efforts.

I'll be back refreshed for the next round against our punch-drunk ownership!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic response. Very well done to whoever constructed that!
  • Options
    A Spurs fan at work had seen the coverage and asked me about it today so the message is definately getting across
  • Options

For what exactly? Leeds' owner Cellino was banned nine months when convicted of fraud. But he still owned the club for all intents and purposes. The league did nothing when clubs like Portsmouth and Luton were run into the ground through total mismanagement and/or asset stripping. To their credit, they are at least imposing transfer bans for overspending, but their approach is largely Laissez-faire.

For as many problems as I have with the regime, I probably have a similar number with the set up of English football (football league to some extent, but really the FA for ceding power to the PL) for allowing things to have gotten so out of control as to allow terrible owners in at historic clubs, especially when it keeps happening.
  • Options
    Good statement, great rebuttle. Nice response CARD.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!
  • Options

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

Technically it's his club, not ours and if you are one of those that's no longer going to be attending matches he's probably not going to consider you as a customer either. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I got sympathy today from a spanner. That's just how bad things have become. Time to piss off Roland.

Dark days indeed!!!!
  • Options
    Thankyou to all the brilliant fans who organised and helped out in the protest from me, I'm at home looking after my kids 24/7 so cannot attend any matches! (Last game Reading away last season!) from the videos I saw off it it looked fantastic ( no pun intended) was a little saddened to hear of the over the top banter given to fans leaving the West stand who didn't walk out on 74 mins!. But that aside you was all brilliant well done!!
  • Options

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

Technically it's his club, not ours and if you are one of those that's no longer going to be attending matches he's probably not going to consider you as a customer either. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Thanks Katrien.
  • Options
    Think you should keep the beachballs up. If you could do more of them every game, would cause such a disruption, allows more to join in as opposed to trying to organise a pitch invasion as well.
    Whistles were good, made it a more hostile, surreal atmosphere, albeit confusing for players.

More Pinocchio's would be good to!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

The beach balls worked but the pitch invasion didn't...

Let's mix both ideas:

Turn it into a version of ten pin bowling.

Start at the back row of the East Stand, see who gets closest to or, if it happened there might actually be a caring deity, actually does knock down the CEO in the West...
  • Options
    I'm happy to try and smuggle in the air compressor needed to inflate the balls under my new card hoodie but I don't fancy the chances of those trying to get in the sorb balls. They'd have to be very tall and very thin people who suddenly became very fat.

Fatter even than the pie steward at Brentford.
  • Options
    The sprouts. Harder to spot and remove from the pitch. Plus you can get better distance.