Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So Is the plan

Comments

• I thought this was all over the lack vegetarian choice in the ground.

I can just imagine the protest getting confused

What do we want?
    Vegetarian food!
    When do we want it?
    More chips!

We want Roland out and vegetarian rennit in the cheese...
  • The fact that people will spend their money and more importantly their time to travel across London (and beyond) to protest against this regime is testament to the disgraceful way our club is being managed. I've supported Charlton for nearly 40 years and in that time there has been good times, but many bad times. Never have I known there to be such a ferocious anti-owner stance that is felt (almost unilaterally) as it is now. I've already committed to go to the Wendnesday & also Leeds game even if we're down. I enjoyed standing in a washing basket at Hull all afternoon. Protesting certaining beats the football at present. If there is one thing we can all get behind, it's our club, not the owner, OUR club. Long after you're gone Roland. We'll all still be arguing, but we'll all still be here.

When I hear fans at clubs like Arsenal, Man City, Utd, Liverpool moaning about a lack of ambition or not enough money spent, when clubs are parting with £200 million a season on player's and contracts of £15 million a season, it makes me wonder just what they would say and feel to be in our or Blackpool fans shoes. Some don't know or realise when they're well off.

I can see a fancy dress protest - fans wearing laundry baskets (with the bottom cut out), a little bit like clown trousers with the braces and all that. Of course, there'd have to be Katrien masks....
  • So the plan is not to show the world and Roland that Charlton fans have had enough and are walking away from the club and won't be coming back ?...i must have been reading the wrong posts...and let's face it, the thought of somebody buying or moving a football franchise is totally fanciful, it would never happen, would it And as for redeveloping the valley, there's no demand for homes in London, especially near a train station...beats me why The rest of us didn't walk away when we got relegated to the old 3rd division and only had 3,000 at home matches in what was the biggest capacity league ground in England, or when we went bust, or when we moved to selhurst, or when we moved to Upton Park...if we'd had some rocket scientists on board then to tell everybody to walk away and stay away then it could us been charlton that was moved to Milton Keynes and not Wimbledon, which actually was on the cards as I recall the stories at one time...still, the vociferous majority must know what they are doing I suppose...

I laughed so much that I my stomach really hurts.
  • This is not a Back to the Valley campaign where the ownership was on board and we were not trying to damage the club to get at the owner, this is a campaign against somebody that currently holds all the cards and who has no affinity with charlton other than its one of his investments. Trying to damage the club doesn't hurt him as I see it and in fact opens up another potentially lucrative option that hurts us even more if he was to break it up, sell the franchise and develop the ground with housing. There are expressions that refer to not cutting of your nose to spite your face and shooting yourself in the foot. The campaign of damaging the club by walking away does exactly both those things. Grab Roland's attention some other way but don't do something that could end up destroying the club.
  • This is not a Back to the Valley campaign where the ownership was on board and we were not trying to damage the club to get at the owner, this is a campaign against somebody that currently holds all the cards and who has no affinity with charlton other than its one of his investments. Trying to damage the club doesn't hurt him as I see it and in fact opens up another potentially lucrative option that hurts us even more if he was to break it up, sell the franchise and develop the ground with housing. There are expressions that refer to not cutting of your nose to spite your face and shooting yourself in the foot. The campaign of damaging the club by walking away does exactly both those things. Grab Roland's attention some other way but don't do something that could end up destroying the club.

selling the ground for housing makes little to no financial sense. It also requires the council's consent with planning permissions etc..

Basically the scenario you've described is so barmy you're rightly being mocked for it. I mean, what if Roland gets the huff and sells us to donald trump? Or aliens? What the hell are we thinking?!
  • Hey, think you're going to miss a momentus day in the history of our club if you're not there tomorrow.

#CARD #WeWantOurCharltonBack
  • Hey, think you're going to miss a momentus day in the history of our club if you're not there tomorrow.

#CARD #WeWantOurCharltonBack

Agreed
  • edited March 2016

This is not a Back to the Valley campaign where the ownership was on board and we were not trying to damage the club to get at the owner, this is a campaign against somebody that currently holds all the cards and who has no affinity with charlton other than its one of his investments. Trying to damage the club doesn't hurt him as I see it and in fact opens up another potentially lucrative option that hurts us even more if he was to break it up, sell the franchise and develop the ground with housing. There are expressions that refer to not cutting of your nose to spite your face and shooting yourself in the foot. The campaign of damaging the club by walking away does exactly both those things. Grab Roland's attention some other way but don't do something that could end up destroying the club.

selling the ground for housing makes little to no financial sense. It also requires the council's consent with planning permissions etc..

Basically the scenario you've described is so barmy you're rightly being mocked for it. I mean, what if Roland gets the huff and sells us to donald trump? Or aliens? What the hell are we thinking?!
    If you live in London you might have noticed how every spare bit of land has a block of flats being built on it at the moment. Planning permission is no longer an issue, the government has pledged more homes and anybody that helps build them more or less can now; and Greenwich council probably owes us a bit of payback over back to the valley so I wouldn't count on it opposing the demise of the club. Selling the football franchise unencumbered with debt separately will probably bring in a nice tidy sum as well. The training ground will be the icing on the cake when that gets sold if there's no longer a team and a ground.

If you live in London you might have noticed how every spare bit of land has a block of flats being built on it at the moment. Planning permission is no longer an issue, the government has pledged more homes and anybody that helps build them more or less can now; and Greenwich council probably owes us a bit of payback over back to the valley so I wouldn't count on it opposing the demise of the club. Selling the football franchise unencumbered with debt separately will probably bring in a nice tidy sum as well. The training ground will be the icing on the cake when that gets sold if there's no longer a team and a ground.
    i wasn't aware we are living in communist* china
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you really think Greenwich Councillors would put through developing The Valley for housing?

After what happened to them last time?

Even politicians aren't that stupid.
  • Change of use from designated green-space (or whatever the term is), to enable development, would be very unlikely. And what is this about a franchise? As far as I know we haven't yet adopted the model employed by the NFL, so that won't happen.

i wasn't aware we are living in communist* china
    You don't live in London then, they own half of it already
  • Change of use from designated green-space (or whatever the term is), to enable development, would be very unlikely. And what is this about a franchise? As far as I know we haven't yet adopted the model employed by the NFL, so that won't happen.

You not heard of MK Dons ?
  • I have noticed that a 4 bed house in Delafield road has just gone on the market for £825,000.

Yep. Quite a lot of money for a terraced house. How many houses could you get on the Valley?

It's a massive worry.

• edited March 2016
    I think you'll find most of London is now owned by Russians and Arabs.

Both of whom have wobbly economies due to the current oil price and may look at quick wins by liquidating their property assets.

The Chinese economy is hardly the Worlds most stable at the moments itches.

The 24 flats by the Sam Bartram gates hasn't gone ahead after planning permission being given in 2013. Developers aren't stupid. Lack of supply keeps prices high.
  • Grab Roland's attention some other way but don't do something that could end up destroying the club.

Sorry, is that last sentence addressed to Roland or the protesters?
  • He's losing 7+ million a year. He'd have to get building soon!
  • edited March 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

He's losing 7+ million a year. He'd have to get building soon!

Exactly, it's scaremongering in the other extreme. Don't be afraid to rock the boat, if somebody falls out they shouldn't have been in it in the first place :open_mouth: .
  • House prices seem to be going the same ludicrous way they went before the last crash.
    I am not sure that housing is a totally safe punt right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Do you really think Greenwich Councillors would put through developing The Valley for housing?

They are. Truly they are.
  • I enjoyed standing in a washing basket at Hull all afternoon. .

Do you know, you've got me thinking.
    Maybe a little humour would get everybody on board with the pitch invasion idea.
    If only we could rustle up 200 of these, ditch the lid and cut out the bottoms, and get everybody to climb in and run on the pitch stark bollock naked.
    The cops couldn't remove the baskets without facilitating indecent exposure!
    urbanara.co.uk/3421/warm-brown-bira-laundry-basket.htm
  • Curb_It said:

I have noticed that a 4 bed house in Delafield road has just gone on the market for £825,000.

Yep. Quite a lot of money for a terraced house. How many houses could you get on the Valley?

It's a massive worry.

Not many. Plenty of flats though. Even 300 flats, selling at £300k each would 'only' make you £18m, even if you got a 20% return on your investment.

About one Scott Parker on a four year contract.

• Addickted said:

Curb_It said:

I have noticed that a 4 bed house in Delafield road has just gone on the market for £825,000.

It's a massive worry.

Not many. Plenty of flats though. Even 300 flats, selling at £300k each would 'only' make you £18m, even if you got a 20% return on your investment.

300 x £300,000 = £90 million

• Addickted said:

Do you really think Greenwich Councillors would put through developing The Valley for housing?

They are. Truly they are.
    The valley party wouldn't poll as many votes next time, the demographics/electorate are different now
  • edited March 2016

Addickted said:

Curb_It said:

It's a massive worry.

300 x £300,000 = £90 million

So what about the development costs, and social housing requirements then?
  • What's happened to you Michael? Do you not understand our real worry?
  • I'm as concerned as everybody else but it's the potential for unintended consequences that worries me just as much.
  • I'm as concerned as everybody else but it's the potential for unintended consequences that worries me just as much.

The answer to the franchise question by the way is AFC Charlton, next.........

So the consequences of being owned by duchetelet and his awful puppy farm plans are less of a worry than a bit of disorder tomorrow?