Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford v Charlton | Sat 05 Mar | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Solidgone said:

You are getting late putting these up.

Yeah havent been well this week, had been confined to bed on Weds / Thurs
    You can use a laptop or iPad whilst in bed. Poor excuse in my opinion ;o)

Wishing you a speedy full recovery and a 3 points to the Addicks.
    What do you do if you dont have a Laptop or iPad? ;)
  • Charlton starting XI | Pope; Motta, Fanni, Teixeira, Fox; Gudmundsson, Diarra, Cousins (c), Suk-Young; Harriott, Sanogo. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Back to a straight 4-4-2 with Nick Pope going in goal
  • No Henderson at all...

Subs | Mitov, Johnson, Bergdich, Ghoochannejhad, Poyet, Lookman, Makienok. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Hmmm. Pope, fox and Harrriot. Hope they play a blinder.
  • What happened to Henderson?
  • Hope they don't get any free kicks within 40 yards of our goal...
  • I thought we needed to win it - my mistake
  • No Henderson at all...

Getting himself ready to give the manager's post match interview

• Not necessarily a 442. Same formation as last week with Fox coming in for Relegation Roger and Harriott upfront with Sanogo?
  • Sponsored links:

• If we keep a clean sheet with fox and Pope then we should all do the lottery tonight.
  • Henderson and Ba out of the picture altogether.
  • Makienok and Sanogo played well together last week
  • I thought Makienok had a good game last week.
  • I didn't even realise that hendo and BA are gone altogether, if they're not injured it's very bizarre.
  • Pope in goal....

To misquote Kurt Cobain, it's better to fade away than burn out.
  • Very odd looking side. Expecting a tubbing now.
  • moleo88 said:

I didn't even realise that hendo and BA are gone altogether, if they're not injured it's very bizarre.

Pinocchio's bodyguards today maybe?
  • Harriot was rubbish when he came on last week- how does that work?
  • Didn't someone post that Ba refused to come out for the second half?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    CAFCOlly said:

Not necessarily a 442. Same formation as last week with Fox coming in for Relegation Roger and Harriott upfront with Sanogo?

Agreed, I think this gives us flexibility to switch between 4-4-2 and 3-5-2.

I'm guessing that Riga's thinking is a very mobile front three (Harriot, JBG, Sanogo) to run at/get in behind Brentford's defense, which is certainly lacking in pace. Callum's last start against Fulham it sounded like he was bright, at least in the first half. That said, I dunno...

I'd add that I think the left side of a back three might be Fox's best position. Some similar defensive positions to LB in 4-4-2, but less reliant on distribution.

Should be noted we have four academy graduates in the side today after none last week. I imagine Hendo must be injured, if he was dropped I'd think he'd at least make the bench. Curious about Ba, but he does seem to have struggled to play more than 60 minutes.
  • edited March 2016
    Well he can change it if it isnt working i suppose - just hope he doesnt wait too long! We need to create chances to go on the run we need to go on. \worried that Mackienok was our best defender of set pieces last week ( not saying much I know)
  • SDAddick said:

i must have missed somethink who is Young please and where did we purchase him from.

Disregard last, we have the BNP derby (Burnley v. Blackburn) instead of the Cardiff match.

Young is Yun Suk-Young. He's a South Korean international, a left back/wingback on loan from QPR. Came to us after injuries and not being fancied. He looked decent when QPR were in the Premiership, got decent ratings in his first start last weekend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yun_Suk-young
    That guy throught for aminute ROLAND had purchased another Young.
  • Bristol City 0 Cardiff 2 FT
  • dickplumb said:

Didn't someone post that Ba refused to come out for the second half?

??? Didn't see this but would be very, very curious. For all his faults he doesn't seem like one to throw his toys out, given he was frozen out of the side completely for a while.
  • Harriot was rubbish when he came on last week- how does that work?

He was played as a right wing back.. what do you expect.? The definition of out of position!
  • Riga works his magic with Callum again!
  • well all credit to him - but we still rode our luck against a poor Brentford side - we have to produce form capable of a terrific run - a win on Tuesday and maybe we can start believing. Th emargin for error now is zero.