Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford v Charlton | Sat 05 Mar | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited March 2016
    How bad must Riga think Sarr is if he plays Roger the Dodger instead of Sarr?
  • Sarr is better than Johnson.

Expect another defeat. We can't defend, 2-1 defeat with another goal conceded from a corner.
  • Like to see Sanogo and Lookman pulling Harley Dean and veteran O'Connor all over the pitch.

O'Connor hasn't played for Brentford for about two years now, he's retired!

• The bench in the preview post, if it turns out to be correct, would be up there with the weakest I've ever seen.
  • Thanks MrLargo.Give with one hand and take away with the other.
  • This is a lucky weekend for us:
    2012 B'mouth away 0-1
    2013 Hudds away 0-1
    2015 cardiff away 1-2

So on that note my prediction, 3-0 brentford, first goal 45+2.
  • Brentford 1 Charlton 3 Goals from Sanogo, Makienok, Lookman wrap up the points.
  • 2-1 to Charlton.

Combined with MK Dons losing to QPR making Tuesday's match the biggest of the season yet.
  • Which pub will show BT and sky wanna watch Spurs, Rangers and blackburn at the same time??
  • Sponsored links:

• This is the Stalingrad, the El Alamein of our season.

A hard fought win followed by another v MK Dons kick starts a late revival not seen since the days of Lazarus (not Paul).

Hero will be of the previously unsung variety, a few will be eating humble pie at 5.00 pm

1-0 to the Addicks
  • All of you are giving me hope and I don't think my heart can take much more excitement followed by let down!!!
  • I decided I couldn't face the short trip across London so no doubt it'll be a famous 0-7 away victory, sparking a run of form only halted by my finally deciding to come back to the valley.

If night-before dreams are anything to go by, we'll lose 5-3, at a near-empty valley, with a howler from Sasa Ilic for the 5th.
  • I think Judge will have a field day against our defence.3-0 to them.
  • I think the strongest side we can put out is.

Henderson
    Motta, Fanni, Diarra, Texeira, Young
    Cousins, Poyet
    Gudmundsson
    Sanogo, Makienok

Subs Pope, Fox, Fanni, Ba, Harriott, Lookman, Reza.
  • Have to win today and Tuesday or we are definitely down. Will we? Ask the defence is my answer?
  • dickplumb said:

I think the strongest side we can put out is.

Henderson
    Cousins, Poyet
    Gudmundsson
    Sanogo, Makienok

Dick in 2 Fanni's error :-)
  • dickplumb said:

Henderson
    Cousins, Poyet
    Gudmundsson
    Sanogo, Makienok

dickplumb said:

Henderson
    Cousins, Poyet
    Gudmundsson
    Sanogo, Makienok

Be following the game on holiday in Thailand, plenty of Fanni here

• I have a very good life with very few worries, a job I love doing and a great family but every Sunday without fail, I just feel depressed, frustrated and edgy.

Now I have put my finger on it. I stay up late in Hong Kong to listen to Player (now cancelled) and then the excellent service from Red Mid and associates on the match thread and it just breaks my heart. It's not losing or even poor performances it's just the thought of something you love being destroyed for no other possible reason than one sad old man wants his girlfriend to run a football club, even though her only single qualification for doing so, is that she is his girlfriend.

That's his right of course but my right is not to collude with it.

I am not predicting, not listening, not protesting and not even caring. Roll on Sunday...
  • Sponsored links:

• Have a funny feeling we might just nick this one, setting up our glorious failure for Tuesday....
  • Am sat in the pilot in Gunnersbury, black and white shirt, black and white scarf, we want our Charlton back logo on display. I used to live near here.

Hopeful we can win.

3-2 Brentford.
  • Bristol City 0 Cardiff 1, latest score, kicked off at 12.00
  • ross1 said:

Bristol City 0 Cardiff 1, latest score, kicked off at 12.00

Going to try and pull up the stream for this and vociferously support Cardiff.
  • i must have missed somethink who is Young please and where did we purchase him from.
  • i must have missed somethink who is Young please and where did we purchase him from.

Disregard last, we have the BNP derby (Burnley v. Blackburn) instead of the Cardiff match.

Young is Yun Suk-Young. He's a South Korean international, a left back/wingback on loan from QPR. Came to us after injuries and not being fancied. He looked decent when QPR were in the Premiership, got decent ratings in his first start last weekend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yun_Suk-young
  • A loss today will finish any attempt to stay up and we will leave The Championship like a dejected old banger. What a way to give up that wonderful experience, only a few years ago, when we left League1 like a classic car.
  • Brentford 1 Charlton 2

Overdue an away win
  • You are getting late putting these up.

Yeah havent been well this week, had been confined to bed on Weds / Thurs
    You can use a laptop or iPad whilst in bed. Poor excuse in my opinion ;o)

Wishing you a speedy full recovery and a 3 points to the Addicks.