Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mr Fox

124»

Comments

• Options
    Morgan Fox is awful, there is no other word for it - but the point isn't about him, it's about how his Dad acted. What a strange thing to do, if his son wasn't even in eyesight when the wave happened, or even if it was a wanker sign, why has he got his knickers in a twist?
  • Options

Morgan Fox is awful, there is no other word for it - but the point isn't about him, it's about how his Dad acted. What a strange thing to do, if his son wasn't even in eyesight when the wave happened, or even if it was a wanker sign, why has he got his knickers in a twist?

Try reading the post before yours.

Incidentally, how old are you Mr Fox?
  • Options
    Madadd- you have every right to be proud of your son. I watch the U-18's, and know that he has worked very hard to improve his game and make the most of what he's got. You can't ask for anything more.
  • Options
    I'm guessing @madadd is Mr Fox in question...

Anyone doubting his biasedness just looks at his remarks about Morgan Fox on the marks thread for our match against Bristol City: Fox 5 (6 first half/4 second)... Hope you dont let him see those comments ;)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Stalker Alert ;o)
  • Options

Anyone doubting his biasedness just looks at his remarks about Morgan Fox on the marks thread for our match against Bristol City: Fox 5 (6 first half/4 second)... Hope you dont let him see those comments ;)

Guessing? He said he was.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Whoosh!!
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Whoosh!!
    Oh. Righto.

• Options
    As suspected, always two sides to a story. Thanks for the update and balance @madadd
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    YOU DECIDE :smile:

"At the end of the game I was clapping Henderson as he appeared to be the only player to come straight over to us, clapping the crowd.
    The rest buggered off but 3 returned (Solly was one). Instead of returning the applause, I waved them away ( no rude hand gestures just a dismissive go away as I believed they should have come straight over to us."

V

"As we all know at the end of the game most of the players went straight down the tunnel, however, 3 of them dug deep into their characters and came over to thank the fans Chris Solly, my boy Morgan and Callum Harriott 3 of the players who in ‘my opinion’ at least put a shift in for the 90 minutes on Saturday. Emotions were ‘high to say the least and from what I remember –based on my stupid oldness ☺ Mr D stepped into the aisle below me and started to gesture at them and it wasn’t a friendly wave ☺ and called them all cunts and explaining quite loudly where they should go. Now this is his ‘opinion’ and he is quite entitled to it."

Personally, even though Solly, Morgan & Fox came over to clap their fans, after Henderson had done so, I think it was pretty courageous considering the possible reception they might get.

I applauded them vigorously, because I thought they deserved it for having the courage to do so, especially when very many on here & elsewhere complain loudly, when players do not come over after the game and none of the other players did.

Well done to Henderson, Solly, Fox and Harriott.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Best kind of guess that, when you've already been told you're right...
  • Options
    Respect for your email @madadd.

For what it's worth, beyond any questions of ability, much respect to Morgan for going out each game and giving as much of himself as he does, knowing that a proportion of the fans will get on his case. I know I couldn't do that, even in my current workplace.

He has been right royally shafted by this regime, because having something called cover would have helped everyone over the last 6 months.
  • Options
    If I was Morgan next time Man U come knocking, I'd be off like a shot :smiley:
  • Options
    So did we all think he was awful, not good enough etc. etc. when we sold Rhoys Wiggins knowing Morgan had done enough to make the left back position his own?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

@ForeverAddickted I called it after the Huddersfield game in the post match thread and now my suspicions have finally been confirmed and I claim my £100;

RedChaser
    January 13 edited January 13
    madadd said:
    » show previous quotes
    Kha you say the subs were IYO rational yet you fail to continue your match appraisal whereby THD arguably at fault for giving the ball away for the 4th and made an even bigger defensive hash than Fox for the 5th add to this it would strongly appear Reza got himself deliberately sent off .... I'm not convinced the substitutions made any positive difference at all one could say we only conceded 2 up until the subs then shipped a further 3 within 20 mins

I've had my suspicions for a while now but are you Morgan's Dad?
  • Options
    madadd said:

Right to reply?
    Being a player’s parent, I always wonder to myself if I have a right to be on a fans forum? Being a supporter of my lad and this club, I like any other fan will trawl the media and read the various pre and post match news reports, blogs and forum comments.

However, being in what I consider to be a very lucky and privileged position of player’s parent, I consciously take a backward stance away from commenting on any thread …most of the time!! Why, when most of the time I probably have a more informed opinion and viewpoint than some of the posters in this forum based purely on stats information I may see, or something I may hear about?.... The answer is quite simple, how his career develops can only be on his personal performance, merit and conduct both on and off the pitch and I have absolutely nothing to do with this apart from 100% support and to this end I am fiercely proud of my son’s mind-set in these matters and his personal approach to his career on the pitch, at the training ground and the additional personal work he puts in outside of these areas to improve his game.

And so to the surprise, for some reason I suddenly have my own dubious thread on a fans forum, one which I never instigated nor even considered yet I find myself the topic of comments and ‘opinions’ when in all honesty this club and it’s fanbase has far more interesting and important matters to debate than a Stupid Old Cunt...we will get to this in a minute...Fucking Old...the cheek of it !!

So exercising my right to reply and put matters straight on the topic of the thread created by Mr Dugdale

As we all know at the end of the game most of the players went straight down the tunnel, however, 3 of them dug deep into their characters and came over to thank the fans Chris Solly, my boy Morgan and Callum Harriott 3 of the players who in ‘my opinion’ at least put a shift in for the 90 minutes on Saturday. Emotions were ‘high to say the least and from what I remember –based on my stupid oldness ☺ Mr D stepped into the aisle below me and started to gesture at them and it wasn’t a friendly wave ☺ and called them all cunts and explaining quite loudly where they should go. Now this is his ‘opinion’ and he is quite entitled to it.

I was also stood in the aisle a couple of steps up behind him and I felt I wanted to show my support as in my opinion despite the negative result these 3 lads had actually put a shift in, contributed most of the decent football to the game and so I was quite loud and vocal as I cheered well done boys, well done Foxy, Chris Callum etc

Mr D and his pal turned to come up the steps to leave and at this point Mr D enquired as to what I was looking at?
    I replied ‘nothing’
    He asked me to get out of his way and as I was stood to the side I replied “I’m not in your way I’m just clapping my boy”
    His pal interrupted with “there is no need for this”and I agreed
    Mr D carried on up the stairs calling me a ‘Stupid Old Cunt ‘ as he went past and I responded with ‘Fuck Off,
    I felt this was a fair response to that sort of name calling ☺

end of handbags incident between two passionate fans with different opinions.

Who knows on another day with a better result Mr D and I might and probably would be of the same positive ‘opinion’ about the club and the team and I really hope this is sooner rather than later!!

Thanks for the response. I agree that you were in the aisle above me. I disagree that you were to the side. i also maintain that you were displaying anger towards me, probably because I wasn't clapping the three players.
    Of course, if that wasn't the case, it must have been an incredible coincidence that out of 2000 fans, the one person who I randomly decided was (a)blocking me and (b) staring at me, was the Father of one of the three players. What are the chances ?
    I also maintain that you threw the first obscenity.
    I also maintain that the three players initially headed to the tunnel and that only Henderson came straight over to us.
    'My Pal' did, as you stated, say that there was no need for this, to which you agreed but he then said that he was directing that to you, not me. You then told him to "Fuck Off'.

As for a better result changing our opinions to positive, I was upset that only one player came over considering the great support the team had received. I actually shouted to the three that belatedly showed up, "You should have done this 5 minutes ago" and pointed to the tunnel. No hand gestures at all.

Finally, I agree that Fox was in the minority that "put in a shift" and, apart from that free kick, was the best player in the first half.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @madadd

How come you've still got your driving licence? You always seem to be travelling back to deepest Essex from away games at a fair number of kleptons!
  • Options
    Please remember that Roland wants us to be the nicest club in London.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I agree, the lad tries, cares and does not hide.

Yes he cares because he's home grown! He's simply a scapegoat! But I admit to lol at the signing Morgans dad coz he would let our lifer past him! Was a funny comment but no disrespect ment to Morgan himself
  • Options
    Fair play @madadd for coming on and giving your side of the story. Tbf to Morgan and the other youngsters in the team, this is a hard enough time for the seasoned pros, the home grown boys need our support now more than ever. It's not their fault if they're selected and it's clear they fight for the shirt more than the others, even if form / luck has deserted them.

I'm sure you must discuss with Morgan himself so it would be very interesting to hear from you what you think our problems are at the minute. Do we have the required quality ie it's a confidence issue or are we really up against it?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I'd read the first page but didn't have time to trawl through all of the posts, so apologies! Certainly changes the view - fair play Mr Fox!