Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mr Fox

Comments

• Options
    I don't question fox commitment, and he never hides but he is just not good enough for this level. Wrightly or wrongly you will recieve stick for that. At the end of the day it's the manager that keeps picking him. As for all them that went straight down the tunnel at the end. Turn the lights off on your way out. Not worth a wank any of them. Hope they get fucking roasted for that.
  • Options

Maybe his old man's had enough of mindless idiots ripping Fox to pieces for 90 minutes when there are regularly 6 or 7 other targets who warrant the same if not more abuse. He's picked on every single game by some.

Fair enough, he's not the greatest left-back we've ever had - no-one's saying that. But he's an academy graduate who clearly cares more about the club than the majority who remain. Doesn't deserve the constant abuse.

Good post.

A relegation will hurt Jacko, Solly, Fox and Harriott as much as it will us.
  • Options
    Fox was one of our better players today. Always tries. Still young and learning. Takes a lot of responsibility in the team and doesn't shirk. Seems to be a strong character
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Maybe his old man's had enough of mindless idiots ripping Fox to pieces for 90 minutes when there are regularly 6 or 7 other targets who warrant the same if not more abuse. He's picked on every single game by some.

Fair enough, he's not the greatest left-back we've ever had - no-one's saying that. But he's an academy graduate who clearly cares more about the club than the majority who remain. Doesn't deserve the constant abuse.

Good post.

Can't agree.
  • Options
    redman said:

Fox was one of our better players today. Always tries. Still young and learning. Takes a lot of responsibility in the team and doesn't shirk. Seems to be a strong character

Morgan Fox? Or his dad?
  • Options

Possibly so but I didn't deserve or expect to be confronted by a complete stranger for no apparent reason. If he has heard enough abuse about Morgan, have a go at the right people at the right time.
    For the final time tonight, Fox had a good solid game today.
  • Options
    Mr Fox was no doubt upset at Morgan's treatment before today's match, what dad could blame him?
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Mr Fox was no doubt upset at Morgan's treatment before today's match, what dad could blame him?

I was upset that my horses lost but didn't take it out on a random Charlton fan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So despite getting far more abuse that is warranted, he took his skippers advice and came over. You "waved him away".

His dad then picked on you, for no reason?
  • Options

Possibly so but I didn't deserve or expect to be confronted by a complete stranger for no apparent reason. If he has heard enough abuse about Morgan, have a go at the right people at the right time.
    Wasn't suggesting you were one of those who give him stick mate. Difficult situation for his old man though, must be tough to take. Probably a Charlton fan an'all.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Good post.

behave, they'll be off to new clubs.

• Options

SDAddick said:

Morgan is an honest hard working lad, it's easy to forget that as @kentaddick says he was set to be released at 18 but worked his bollocks off to make sure he got into the first team. Some fans don't rate him and they are entitled to that opinion. But he's the last person we should be aiming our frustrations at.

Save that for Roland and Katrien.

Once again I agree. This thread isn't aimed at him or his standard of football.
    @alan dugdale I think we can all agree you've been incredibly hard done by by Mr. Fox. Ironically, he's probably lashed out at you out of frustration with others, which seems to happen to Morgan quite a bit. Perhaps let him off this one as it sounds like he has been far better behaved than most of us would be if our son got the abuse his gets.

At the risk of being overly sentimental, it is sometimes worth remembering that footballers are people, with mothers and fathers and all that.
    On reading this I suddenly realised that (presumably) Roland and KM have mothers and fathers. Dear god I've had another horrible thought - Roland was a baby once and his Mum and Dad probably looked lovingly at him while deciding to name him Roland.

Jesus H Christ. I need more wine.
    Could you imagine, somebody loved him once (perhaps), makes the contrast more stark today...
  • Options

So despite getting far more abuse that is warranted, he took his skippers advice and came over. You "waved him away".

His dad then picked on you, for no reason?

Yes I did. I paid money to watch a team give up with an hour to go and then walk off. are you saying fans aren't allowed to make their feelings known (mine were quite mild, I think) ?

I just didn't appreciate my exit being deliberately blocked by an angry old man after watching that pile of shite.
  • Options
    If you honestly did no more than wave the players away then you should have fucked his old man off down the stairs
  • Options

If you honestly did no more than wave the players away then you should have fucked his old man off down the stairs

I'm not sure he's that kind of boy....
  • Options

Looking back, you're probably right !
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    boggzy said:

iamdan said:

Good post.

Can't agree.
    With you on this. They will still be getting paid.
  • Options
    Most parents I know think their own kids shit don't stink
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think the problem was at that moment in time you were the personification of all the abuse his son has received. It's like a lot of the time when someone shouts or gets angry, it isn't actually you specifically they are angry at but it's the straw that broke the camel's back.
  • Options

Well said
  • Options
    Obviously thinks his Son should be at Man Utd
  • Options
    Fox has been majorly disappointing, after glimpses of promise last season. I doubt his pay check at the end of the month makes him sad so as far as I see it, if fails to put a performance in he deserves to be criticised, as do all the team. How he has not been dropped if not just to give him a break is a mystery.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Funny the support that that Uncle character gets for supporting his nephew and threatening people on here, and yet Fox's father gets it in the neck for sticking up for his own son who actually still plays for the club.

No comment
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Funny the support that that Uncle character gets for supporting his nephew and threatening people on here, and yet Fox's father gets it in the neck for sticking up for his own son who actually still plays for the club.

He didn't get it in the neck from me because of sticking up for his son. He didn't even tell me that until the end of the incident and I only realised then because my son told me. (His words to me was that he was "clapping my boy".

I didn't like an angry little man with bulging eyes standing there refusing to let me pass. I hadn't verbally abused Fox all day !

• Options
    BR3red said:

Henderson got a clap? Maybe you could suggest he comes for a corner next time it lands five yards from him. fox was ok, going forward his crossing left a lot to be desired

Totally agree, Hendo just planted on the line with the ball 5 yards from him. Commit yourself, punch it, catch it, don't just stand there and pick the ball up after it is in the net. Fox had a good game and some of the interplay with Berdich 1st half was brilliant.

Fox, Solly and Harriet made the effort to come over looking utterly dejected.

How many Johnny foreigners or loanees came over????
    Only Henderson, its been pointed out in the thread.