Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mr Fox

Just in case Morgan's old man reads this. Next time you want a row with a Charlton fan, get your facts straight you stupid old git.

Comments

• Options
    What happened
  • Options
    Care to inform us..
  • Options
    Did you upset Mrs Fox?
  • Options
    At the end of the game I was clapping Henderson as he appeared to be the only player to come straight over to us, clapping the crowd.
    The rest buggered off but 3 returned (Solly was one). Instead of returning the applause, I waved them away ( no rude hand gestures just a dismissive go away as I believed they should have come straight over to us.

I turned to go up the stairs and out the ground but was blocked by a man who was clearly annoyed with me. Turned out to be Fox senior ( so he said anyway). Didn't let me past so I have him a few choice words.

I actually thought fox played well today too !
  • Options
    Brings back happy memories of an massive row I had with Neil Redfern's dad at Derby. What Redfern's dad didn;t realise was the 40-50 people sitting in his vicinity agreed with my assessment of his son's "performance".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know it must be horrible seeing his son getting slagged off each week and fair play for having the balls to say his bit, but ultimately his son couldn't trap a bag of sand let alone a football.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

At the end of the game I was clapping Henderson as he appeared to be the only player to come straight over to us, clapping the crowd.
    The rest buggered off but 3 returned (Solly was one). Instead of returning the applause, I waved them away ( no rude hand gestures just a dismissive go away as I believed they should have come straight over to us.

I turned to go up the stairs and out the ground but was blocked by a man who was clearly annoyed with me. Turned out to be Fox senior ( so he said anyway). Didn't let me past so I have him a few choice words.

I actually thought fox played well today too !

So the team applauded you for showing up and you waved them away.

Well done Mr Fox.
    Hardly.

Henderson came over for the fans. Harriott, Solly and Fox were already near the tunnel when they decided to turn around.

If it wasn't for Hendo coming over do you think they would've turned around? I doubt it, and I agree that that is a poor showing.

On one hand at least they eventually bothered to come over, but in reality that should've been there first reaction. To do so as an after thought is disrespectful and it's not the same.

Mr Fox should pipe down.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

From the sound of things Fox and Bergdich combined very well down the left in the first half. Sounds like Fox was decent again. The abuse he gets is awful. Don't necessarily know if his dad was right or wrong (or if it was even really his dad), but can you imagine going to support your son and having to listen to him getting abused by his own supporters for 90 minutes?

Ironically I agree. I never abused fox and thought he had a solid game.
  • Options
    Henderson got a clap? Maybe you could suggest he comes for a corner next time it lands five yards from him. fox was ok, going forward his crossing left a lot to be desired
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

SDAddick said:

From the sound of things Fox and Bergdich combined very well down the left in the first half. Sounds like Fox was decent again. The abuse he gets is awful. Don't necessarily know if his dad was right or wrong (or if it was even really his dad), but can you imagine going to support your son and having to listen to him getting abused by his own supporters for 90 minutes?

100% I would be fuming if my son received so much abuse when he actually does a lot less hiding than most of our squad.
    Again, I agree.
  • Options

Morgan is an honest hard working lad, it's easy to forget that as @kentaddick says he was set to be released at 18 but worked his bollocks off to make sure he got into the first team. Some fans don't rate him and they are entitled to that opinion. But he's the last person we should be aiming our frustrations at.

Save that for Roland and Katrien.

Once again I agree. This thread isn't aimed at him or his standard of football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They only came back over because Riga told them to. The rest were straight down the tunnel but it looked like a group of fans had made the way over and were telling the players in no uncertain terms what they thought. Tbf we did ok first half. Another classic example of not scoring when on top. Sadly Parker was MOTM again for me. Seems to happen everytime I see him play against us.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

They only came back over because Riga told them to. The rest were straight down the tunnel but it looked like a group of fans had made the way over and were telling the players in no uncertain terms what they thought. Tbf we did ok first half. Another classic example of not scoring when on top. Sadly Parker was MOTM again for me. Seems to happen everytime I see him play against us.

Which is exactly my point - only Henderson bothered. When you've watched your side lose yet again, give up on 55 minutes and then watch the team, bar one, trudge off the pitch the last thing you need is one of the parents giving you grief !
  • Options
    Does anyone ever query Morgan Fox's commitment?

He has been very exposed down that side and hasn't developed as well as we had hoped. He sometimes, quite often, looks like he may not really make it.

He tries though and I wouldn't be abusing him even though I wouldn't personally play him every week until he manages to get in at least 3 from 5 crosses in training to dangerous positions.

He should never take a free kick again.
  • Options
  • Options

Full respect for Solly, Harriot and Fox coming back out of the tunnel to applaud the fans. Especially impressed with Fox, he gets such a rough ride from us, but that showed strong character by coming back out and coming over to us. Proper Charlton boys the 3 of them, who obviously love the club as much as we do. Also, fair play to hendo coming over as well.

Yeah full respect. After Riga told them to.
  • Options
    You definitely had a right to complain at them given they went to go straight down the tunnel.

As a side note I think that the abuse Fox gets at the Valley is embarrassing. Until this season I always thought he was a solid performer for us who was always improving.
  • Options

Morgan is an honest hard working lad, it's easy to forget that as @kentaddick says he was set to be released at 18 but worked his bollocks off to make sure he got into the first team. Some fans don't rate him and they are entitled to that opinion. But he's the last person we should be aiming our frustrations at.

Save that for Roland and Katrien.

Once again I agree. This thread isn't aimed at him or his standard of football.
    @alan dugdale I think we can all agree you've been incredibly hard done by by Mr. Fox. Ironically, he's probably lashed out at you out of frustration with others, which seems to happen to Morgan quite a bit. Perhaps let him off this one as it sounds like he has been far better behaved than most of us would be if our son got the abuse his gets.

At the risk of being overly sentimental, it is sometimes worth remembering that footballers are people, with mothers and fathers and all that.
  • Options

He should never take a free kick again.

Seriously, whos fucking idea was that? Shocking.