Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views Charlton v Cardiff

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    After MK Dons on March 8th, games look tough. We need three, arguably four, wins minimum from the next five against Fulham, Preston, Reading, Brentford and MKD. On current form, that looks a mile off.
  • Options
    First 80 was shite, they hit the post and bar, we have 1 shot, Rezza with his right FFS. Tried to win in the final 10 mins, not good enough, no idea most of the time. Big Simon had a good game.
  • Options
    10 minutes football in two home matches, not enough is it really? TBH that 10 minutes was more frenzy than anything scientific but at least we were having a go. The rest of it was pretty turgid stuff, Riga has tightened things up but we still struggle to create anything.
  • Options
    Seems less one sided than people are saying if you read the sky report. I was busy hitting a 12 mile run so couldn't have much more input than an impartial match report I read.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Reza wouldn't be anywhere near any other championship side. He started for us today!! That shot was abysmal.

Thought Mak did alright today. Yaya looked very competent at holding up the ball. I have little doubt he'll pick up a mysterious injury during training and we'll never see him again.

But next game, if possible, I'd start yaya and Igor.

Cousins put in a good shift today. Fox offers no attacking threat.

As Bob Peeters would have said "Mak missed a huge chance and that was the game"

Mini ramble over
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Sanogo seemed OK when he came on. I would rather him start than Reza from now on

Sanogo didnt look bad, not much pace but could see why he's not scored in England yet.

There were a few times when he would just stand there and wait for the ball to come to him, whether it be dropping out of the air or a pass... Each time he'd act as though there were no opposition players there so wouldnt do anything yet the opposition player would be there and either intercept the ball or head it away.

Hard to say that he should play ahead of Reza as he was played out wide today allowing Gudmundsson to play the free role
  • Options

Crap until Jackson and Cousins got injured then we had two midfielders come on who could compete with the Cardiff pair and all of a sudden we looked much better and could of nicked a win.
    Dont think we are down yet as alot of points to play for so will continue to support the team until the fat lady sings.
    The protest chants were pathetic today and were only sung when Cardiff came close to scoring or if we missed a chance too, does not help the team imo.
    Personally think face marks and chanting are not going to make Roland sell unless someone is prepared to make a offer he cannot refuse , so for now i hate to say but Roly is here to stay.
    Just got in and my feet are freezing.

So protesters are slagged off if they demonstrate their anger during a match and now slagged off if they don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also that ref will take his whistle to the grave. I've never seen a ref treat football as a non-contact sport like he did today.
  • Options
    A reasonable performance and point except for the terrible results elsewhere, with Fulham, Bristol and MKD all getting wins against decent opposition.

Sanogo looked decent when he came on, a big gangly but posed a danger.

Ba was a disgrace, ambling about in midfield, not tracking back, and second to a challenge when we had an attack due to his lack of initial effort
  • Options
    Second best again today as usual.

The team seem so devoid of energy and spirit, it’s almost that they are awaiting the inevitable reverse. Very little penetration or creativity from us - again as usual. Up front Mak did win most of his headers, but I struggle to think of any that went to a red shirt. Reza’s shot defied his professional status as it ended in row z covered end. The resulting ironic jeers causing JBG to stare out the covered end shaking his head - but then again he doesn’t have to pay to watch this rubbish week in week out.

However, the late substitutions did made a difference and the final 15 minutes were at least exciting, if not technically proficient. We were left wanting at the back during this period, but at least we had a go and had several chances to score - and it gave the crowd something to react to positively.

With us effectively 7 points adrift from safety we need to hang on to that last 15 minutes and try to cobble something from it. Sanogo put himself about and kept the defenders occupied, Poyet I’m guessing must start next game. The pack has to be shuffled … I just hope the right cards turn up.

15 games and 45 points to be played for - it ain’t over yet.

• Options
    Coldest i've been at a game in ages, not helped by rows and rows of empty seats in the North Upper.

Thought given the drag efforts for most of the game,the fans were supportive throughout.

Bizarre subs when just because Sanago was set to come on we chucked him on anyway when Cousins was injured. Then had to make another sub to correct it and get a proper shape back.

Bergditch doesn't do it for me, and although I despise the stick that Fox takes, I do feel his confidence is shot and we need better.

Like Tex Mex at the back, he reminds me of Costa a bit but I'm worried he is going to break Herman Hreidderson' foul and penalty record.

At end of the day it's another wasted opportunity at home to get 3 points from a side not challenging the top end of the table, and given they hit the post, crossbar and had one chalked out it could easily have been worse.
  • Options
    We're as good as relegated. 7 points from safety and not looking like we'll even get 3 wins between now and the end of the season, never mind the 6-7 we'd likely need.
  • Options
    Not much to get excited about. Jackson a waste of space, sadly. Very little quality in the final third.
  • Options
    Unless we get Vetokele back ASAP and he stays fit for the rest of the season it's starting to look pretty bleak - and that's from an eternal optimist
  • Options
    Effectively relegated, too much ground to make up. Riga to blame today starting with Bergdich and Reza on the wings...?

Must win home game against a poor side and Lookman is benched and Harriott disappears completely.

Jackson legs gone but still selected with Poyet and Ba on the bench both better options.

Subs were weird, leaving Sonogo to get cold for 2 or 3 minutes before he came on.

Not to mention he bought in Fanni and then does not even put the bloke in the squad.

The only enjoyable part of the day was the protest after the game.
  • Options
    As said before the game JJ can't be in a two man midfield. We were overrun until he went off. And for the final 10 minutes we looked like a side who could score goals.

We need Bauer, Diarra and Igor back asap.

We look doomed at present, but the sides in this league are not great. 2 weeks ago we all thought we might be okay Things can change quickly with a few good results but it needs to happen asap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still, at least we had 2 centre halves on the bench.
    Happy days.
  • Options
    Plenty of effort today, although very little skill on display. I hate to say it but I think JJ should be on the bench these days.
  • Options

After MK Dons on March 8th, games look tough. We need three, arguably four, wins minimum from the next five against Fulham, Preston, Reading, Brentford and MKD. On current form, that looks a mile off.

Seeing that MKD beat Derby (after nearly beating Boro midweek), Bristol beat Ipswich and Fulham beat QPR, I'm not sure what are the easy and hard games in this division
  • Options
    It seems strange that Harriott said on twitter, he was looking forward to today's game, seen warming up before the match, and then not in 18 man squad
  • Options
    ross1 said:

It seems strange that Harriott said on twitter, he was looking forward to today's game, seen warming up before the match, and then not in 18 man squad

Well, given that communication is one of the regime's strong points....