Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I am considering two options.

It is becoming more and more obvious that getting rid of the current owner might prove to be impossible, or at best very lengthy. I will never support any other Club but Charlton, but basically I am not prepared to give the odious so and so any more of my money, he can hit the lower leagues without me. I am therefore considering two options.

1) Ebsfleet is a shorter, cheaper and easier journey for me, it has a wealthy owner who does not appear to live with the fairies, and the involvement of Peter Varney who actually has good experience of running a football club. They are ambitious and before long might find themselves in the same league as Charlton.

2) Get myself a season ticket at the Olympic Park, and spend some time enjoying Premiership football just up the road from The Valley, and seeing a lot of South London youngsters become West Ham supporters.

One thing I am not going to do is to allow the Belgian nitwit and his useless puppet to continue to take the piss. His political ideas appear to have been a failure, and the same will happen to his football network. What next I wonder, answers on a postcard to the nearest Asylum.

Comments

• 3) Soccer Saturday
  • edited February 2016
    I've got a very soft spot for West Ham, one of my sons played for them for some time, was treated very well even though he never made the league team. I was at school in the east end, have still got a few friends there, lived over the river for a long time and have the old east end spirit in my blood .. the point ??

If I wasn't addicted to the CAFC drug I would LOVE to go and see the Hammers playing in their new ground despite all the controversy surrounding the 'move' and to follow them on their travels in the north and midlands .. BUT .. an addiction is an addiction .. if you're considering either of the choices you mention then you aint a REAL Addick Addict
  • Please do not do number 2, I beg you!!
  • you could try either if you want to watch live football but to tell you the truth it wont be the same. I have gone to Ebbsfleet a few times but I cant get that excited when they score and I certainly don't get angry or moody if they lose. i also would never fight for any cause the fans feel is important, like we are doing against this regime and back when we fought for the Valley.

i guess maybe after some time you could feel for a new club the way you have felt for Charlton but I honestly think it would take bloody years. the only people on this forum who might know a bit about are the ones who don't live here anymore and go to a local team near them, but like going to west ham or Ebbsfleet or Barcelona none of it will compare with the emotions felt when watching Charlton win away.
  • Why would any supporter of any football team go and watch a (sometimes only, admittedly) rival football team? What possible satisfaction can you get from doing it? Sounds a bit like cutting your nose off to me TBH.
  • dementia
  • Sponsored links:

• With Sid on this. The cheating Hamsters are a rival. I support Dartford as a non league team, and O don't see any conflict- they're worlds apart. Ebbsfleet is a similar case. I would be botcotting if I lived in the UK, so back to Dartford for me. But these freaks won't go on forever.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Please do not do number 2, I beg you!!

Do you say this when a guest asks to use your toilet?
    Guests are politely asked to use the outhouse.
  • Probably just a wind up, strange thread.
  • Is this the same chap who had a pic of themselves on the Charlton facebook group wearing a Charlton shirt while holding a west ham season ticket reservation letter?
  • I gave up with this bloke after considering Ebbsfleet because it had a wealthy owner. Ironically option two followed along the same lines.
    Football is not about either.
  • If you start following another team you are supporting them, financially.
  • If Charlton went out of existence I might consider going to watch Orient but as long as the Addicks exist I couldn't follow anyone else.

I hate West Ham, Palace and Millwall and have no interest in Ebbsfleet.
  • You do what you want Granpa, but I'll always support Charlton.
  • This is purely Devil's advocate and I would not support this but by getting a season ticket at West Ham, isn't that even more of an impact on RD's plan than a boycott? Not only is he losing a paying customer, a rival is getting one and will be in a much stronger position than RD's business.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you want a good laugh go watch ebsfleet(once called Gravesend till they should there name)
  • You cannot be disloyal to your heritage.
    Anyone who goes to West Ham is not a true/real football fan.
  • Acting like a customer by doing either of the two.
  • I'm also quite close to Ebbsfleet. I won't be renewing at the Valley next season unless Roland and his puppet go so I'll probably head down to Stonebridge for my fix as many times as Charlton. Should my son decide that they are the team for him then so be it.
  • I'll always be an addict.
  • Best plan would be to boycott the home games and just go to away games......that way youre supporting the team and not Duchatelet. Ive tried watching teams here in Australia...it just aint the same so Ive stopped bothering. There is only one club for me and thats Charlton.