Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Johnson

Comments

• Options

Sacked by sunderland

And rightly so. Hope no other club is stupid enough to offer him a contract. His career is over, at least it should be.
    Well he's gonna go to prison even if he is found not guilty on the other 2 charges. He will still get a longer sentence than Ched.
  • Options
    Sacked by Sunderland. I imagine he had previously told them he was completely innocent...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35546894
  • Options
    Dropped by Adidas too.
  • Options
    How on earth has so much been written on here about his wife? As if she is somehow the problem, or doing something worth noting in a case where a man has pled guilty to grooming (I had to look it up in this context too) and kissing an underage girl?

It seems that because she's "fit" and a WAG that it's alright to pass judgment or make moral assumptions about her. Disgusting.
  • Options
    These threads never go well
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rikofold said:

These threads never go well

The outragessness of people on these types of threads always amazes and amuses me.
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance but what is the upside to pleading guilty (other than some moral cleansing perhaps)?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Excuse my ignorance but what is the upside to pleading guilty (other than some moral cleansing perhaps)?

A reduced sentence?
  • Options
    I can't believe he has been allowed to play football since it came out, I can't believe Sunderland fans have embraced him and sang his name

Man u fans sang a very catchy terrace chant for him as did the Newcastle fans

Makes you wish he had to have played at the valley so we could've nicked one and given him dogs abuse

I hope he rots from the inside out
  • Options

I can't believe he has been allowed to play football since it came out, I can't believe Sunderland fans have embraced him and sang his name

Innocent until proven guilty though. Up until yesterday he'd denied the charges so Sunderland were clearly fully expecting him to plead his innocence and hopefully be found innocent.

It was clearly as much a surprise to them as anyone that he changed his plea so i don't think we can blame the club.
  • Options
    He met the girl in question when she visited Sunderland

He is an evil bstd conning fans Players employers and grooming a child, no jail just death
  • Options

SDAddick said:

How on earth has so much been written on here about his wife? As if she is somehow the problem, or doing something worth noting in a case where a man has pled guilty to grooming (I had to look it up in this context too) and kissing an underage girl?

It seems that because she's "fit" and a WAG that it's alright to pass judgment or make moral assumptions about her. Disgusting.

Really? People saying they can't see why someone would want to stay in a relationship with a confessed child groomer is 'disgusting'?

I make them right.
    Hang on a minute.
    Johnson only owned up to this when things came down to the wire and he was staring his time in court in the face. I suspect that a bit of credit for a guilty plea probably meant he listened to his brief's advice.

He was protesting his innocence until that point, which is why Sunderland hadn't sacked him and is also presumably why his other half had stuck by him. She wasn't complicit in his crimes so she does not deserve to be dragged through the mud herself. Don't suppose she is feeling great about it is she?

Despite what some people would wish for, the legal system assumes everyone innocent until proven guilty. Now he has admitted his behaviour, there is proof he is guilty of those crimes he has confessed to.

He is a lying, predatory child molester and needs to be dealt with as such.

I'm sure his time inside will not be a pleasant one, and life when he does get out won't be too rosy for him either.
  • Options
    Adam Johnson's having a party, bring your play-dough and your barbie
  • Options

Sacked by sunderland

And rightly so. Hope no other club is stupid enough to offer him a contract. His career is over, at least it should be.
    Well he's gonna go to prison even if he is found not guilty on the other 2 charges. He will still get a longer sentence than Ched.
    On what basis? Rolf Harris barely got longer than Evans.
  • Options
    This might be a stupid question but... was it altogether one girl in multiple incidents or several girls? I just told my mom about this news and she was shocked. She has seen him score a few goals on MOTD over the last couple of years and always refers to him as 'Sheldon' (she thinks he looks a bit like Jim Parsons but can never remember his name). We both thought he was a fairly good player and my mom was surprised to know he was actually such a pervert.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People on here pretend to be outraged to show that they're morally superior.

Johnson's wife is fit. Get over yourself
  • Options

This might be a stupid question but... was it altogether one girl in multiple incidents or several girls? I just told my mom about this news and she was shocked. She has seen him score a few goals on MOTD over the last couple of years and always refers to him as 'Sheldon' (she thinks he looks a bit like Jim Parsons but can never remember his name). We both thought he was a fairly good player and my mom was surprised to know he was actually such a pervert.

Don't worry Jessie when he gets out he will be playing in the Chinese premier league probably on 200k a week
  • Options

Don't worry Jessie when he gets out he will be playing in the Chinese premier league probably on 200k a week
    That's exactly what some people are saying on football forums over here.....
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I don't think his wife is 15.
  • Options

That's exactly what some people are saying on football forums over here.....
    What's the age of consent in China? Could be a deal breaker.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    C_A_F_C said:

I don't think his wife is 15.
    I know, that's probably why he cheated on her
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Within hours of the alleged sexual encounter, Johnson is said to have sent a message to the girl saying: “Wasn’t bad was it? Lol”. She replied: “No haha”. He continued: “Haha think we need to go in the back next time lol”. She said: “Haha yeah”.

The court heard that Johnson said he felt the meeting had been “worth it”, adding: “It was class. Just wanted to get ya jeans off lol ... Next time defo. I will last 10 seconds though lol.”

Just seen this report of the text messages which were read out in court, apparently he asked her how old she was and she told him straight out that she'd just turned fifteen. Also didn't learn that he'd lured her to the car, which was parked in an alley behind a Chinese takeaway, with the promise of a signed shirt Makes me feel ill , complete wrong'un.
  • Options
    follow josh halliday on twitter the local reporter up there. tweeting from court about what the prosecution are saying. I'll try to add them
  • Options

Dropped by Adidas too.

One of the most mystifying elements of this whole case is that Adam Johnson had a deal with Adidas. Who the hell arranged that? Who was watching him make sub appearances for Sunderland and thinking 'wow, Adam Johnson wears Adidas. I must have ten pairs'?
    Do Adidas make Predators?