Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Johnson

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

It appears blatantly clear that Johnson knew the girl was 15 but sexually exploited her regardless.

Indefensible in my view. I'd guess you are a youngster Leuth and have no children of your own as yet.

I suspect your attitude to people like Johnson will change if and when you do.

i think he just wants to be on the other side of the "argument" tbh
  • Options
    Of course it's indefensible. Where have I defended it? I'm making a wider point about exploitation and privilege. This goes beyond paedophilia.
  • Options
    This is like when you all thought I was in favour of terrorism...
  • Options
    Read all on this thread and still confused.
    How many charges, why admit/plead guilty to two.
    What other charges are being contested.......If he said he knew she was underage and "groomed" her, what else is there ?
  • Options
    Did Ched Evans ever find himself a club again after he came out of prison? Last I heard he was abroad somewhere
  • Options

Read all on this thread and still confused.
    How many charges, why admit/plead guilty to two.
    What other charges are being contested.......If he said he knew she was underage and "groomed" her, what else is there ?

i believe there is a separate charge of sexual activity with a minor for each act so i think he is contesting how many time he did it rather than that he did it.
  • Options
    @Leuth

As Katrien needs to learn, if everyone misunderstands you then it's your fault and not everybody else's.

Frankly, I think you just want to be on the other side of the coin so that you seem profound ... again.
  • Options
    Footballer in thick-as-pig-shit shock.

I find it utterly bizarre how in this day and age he didn't think about everything being saved for posterity, texts, internet searches etc.

I suppose it's a case of an "When the balls are full, the mind is empty". But disturbingly as an overpaid young bloke with an underage girl.

Can't believe he claimed innocence for so long.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

This is like when you all thought I was in favour of terrorism...

I like your posts Leuth, and at the risk of being patronising, you appear to have a great education....but sometimes you dont do your self any favours. 2 ears one mouth etc....
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Footballer in thick-as-pig-shit shock.

I find it utterly bizarre how in this day and age he didn't think about everything being saved for posterity, texts, internet searches etc.

I suppose it's a case of an "When the balls are full, the mind is empty". But disturbingly as an overpaid young bloke with an underage girl.

Can't believe he claimed innocence for so long.

Wasn't it about a year ago that he was accused of getting off with the girl in the nightclub? Why has it taken so long for the trial to actually begin, and taken so long for the actual details of it all to emerge?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35561645

By coincidence Rolf Harris faces more charges...
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Of course it's indefensible. Where have I defended it? I'm making a wider point about exploitation and privilege. This goes beyond paedophilia.

Yes privilege can and does enable exploitation of less privileged people.

Adam Johnson is not an example of that though. He is a paedophile by the definition of the law of the land in that he KNOWINGLY (key word) sexually exploited a starry eyed 15 year old girl with an adolescent crush on him for his own gratification.

By all means discuss privilege and exploitation but don't link it with a calculating, paedophile scumbag like Johnson

• Options
    He's as thick as he is sick! 40 odd k a week and he's chasing 15 year olds, wow.
  • Options
    A Paedophile is someone who's attracted to pre pubescent children, so this doesn't make him a Paedophile a sex offender though he is.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

He's as thick as he is sick! 40 odd k a week and he's chasing 15 year olds, wow.

What difference does his wage make?

Point missed mate. I'm saying that he can have any girl he wants and he does that.
  • Options

How does your mind work....where is the correlation between money, intelligence and being a paedo?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

How does your mind work....where is the correlation between money, intelligence and being a paedo?
    See above reply by me dinlow.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

thenewbie said:

Point missed mate. I'm saying that he can have any girl he wants and he does that.
    I don't think he missed it at all.

I think he's suggesting that even if he couldn't get any girl in the world it's absolutely revolting to be saying those things to a 15 year old...
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    C_A_F_C said:

A Paedophile is someone who's attracted to pre pubescent children, so this doesn't make him a Paedophile a sex offender though he is.

I would Google it but don't really want it showing up on my internet history, unlike Adam Johnson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know if he would have been breaking the law in other countries in the world. (DEFINITELY not trying to defend him - just interested!)

"In Europe, countries who have the age of consent set at 16 include Cyprus, Finland, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland.

For Austria, Germany, Portugal and Italy it is 14, and in France, the Czech Republic, Denmark, and Greece it is 15."
  • Options
    edited February 2016

thenewbie said:

I don't think he missed it at all.

I think he's suggesting that even if he couldn't get any girl in the world it's absolutely revolting to be saying those things to a 15 year old...
    I agree. As stated when I described him sick & thick.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

So by that definition... it would be less bad if a poor person did the same thing? That's what you're implying here.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

So by that definition... it would be less bad if a poor person did the same thing? That's what you're implying here.
    Bore off please, I know what I'm implying, you can paint it how you want to try and mug someone up on here if it floats your boat.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Leuth said:

By all means discuss privilege and exploitation but don't link it with a calculating, paedophile scumbag like Johnson

How can one not?

There is no 'other side'. He is awful and deserves punishment. But there is a wider point here, think.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

That's clearly not what he's saying at all. WUM alert
  • Options

thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

It's weird on here when you see posters like that, if someone started a thread on the colour of the sun there'd be a 20 page debate im sure.
  • Options
    These last 2 pages have been great for potential argument alert, and as a thread don't forget I posted very early on my fact about a cat's happiness if they're grooming and washing themselves. It's a winner all round
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Correct, though the other two scientific terms aren't generally used. From wiki...

Hebephilia is the strong and persistent adult sexual interest in pubescent (early adolescent) individuals, typically ages 11–14
    Ephebophilia, which is the strong and persistent sexual interest to those in later adolescence, approximately 15–19 years old

• Options

thenewbie said:

thenewbie said:

It's weird on here when you see posters like that, if someone started a thread on the colour of the sun there'd be a 20 page debate im sure.
    i know, it's green, end of.