Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Johnson

Comments

• Options
    Has he admitted that he knew she was underage when grooming her?
  • Options
    Hmmm, don't think he'll be helping Sunderland in their relegation battle somehow.
  • Options

What both did was wrong but its worse than what Ched Evans did

Ched Evans still protests his innocence to this day, even after doing his time. There is a CHANCE Evans didn't do it. Johnson has pleated guilty to his crimes which means he definitely did it so he is far worse in my opinion
    Nope.

Not in the eyes of the law, which at the end of the day is all that matters.
    I strongly have to disagree with you there. Innocent people go to prison for crimes they haven't commited. Only Evans & the girl in question know the truth. Life isn't as simple as saying "he's guilty because a jury said so"

If there's a retrial and he's found not guilty, you can't suddenly say "oh well, he was guilty but now he isn't"

He either did the crime or he didn't. It can't be both!
  • Options

he would of had to have known for it to be grooming i think?
  • Options

That's my understanding too
  • Options

Cheers, I thought that but wasn't sure.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Ched Evans still protests his innocence to this day, even after doing his time. There is a CHANCE Evans didn't do it. Johnson has pleated guilty to his crimes which means he definitely did it so he is far worse in my opinion
    Nope.

Not in the eyes of the law, which at the end of the day is all that matters.
    Life isn't as simple as saying "he's guilty because a jury said so"

Yes it is.
    If that were true, no miscarriage of justice/retrial would ever happen. This discussion could run & run & this thread isn't even about Ched Evans so We'll have to agree to disagree. I clearly don't see life as Black & White the way you do
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Hmmm, don't think he'll be helping Sunderland in their relegation battle somehow.

Some debate as to whether he was, anyway.
  • Options
    Filthy dirty perverted bstd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The frustrating thing is he has SO much potential. On his day he was unplayable but now it seems his career is in tatters
  • Options
    You have to question him being allowed to play whilst the trial was imminent, especially now given the guilty pleas.

I know innocent until guilty but when you are in a position of influence you have a different set of standards. I'm fully of the opinion that because of their role in young supporters lives, Footballers do have to be judged more harshly, along the lines of a teacher or childminder. They have such a big connection to children, their place of work is frequented by children and they often carry out activities in the community involving kids.

Let's rephrase it. If one of ours was under a similar investigation (I.e serious and with merit - not just some slander case without any grounds) , would you not want the club to proactively suspend the player until he was proved innocent?
  • Options

You have to question him being allowed to play whilst the trial was imminent, especially now given the guilty pleas.

I know innocent until guilty but when you are in a position of influence you have a different set of standards. I'm fully of the opinion that because of their role in young supporters lives, Footballers do have to be judged more harshly, along the lines of a teacher or childminder. They have such a big connection to children, their place of work is frequented by children and they often carry out activities in the community involving kids.

Let's rephrase it. If one of ours was under a similar investigation (I.e serious and with merit - not just some slander case without any grounds) , would you not want the club to proactively suspend the player until he was proved innocent?

i do understand where you are coming from but i think he was pleading innocent up until very recently.

if they had suspended him and he was found innocent and they were relegated everyone would be saying they should have stood by him.

• Options

Like Jordan Cousins?

• Options
    Good point pal. I appreciate I am suggesting something that's not legal nor Common practice, I am probably suggesting something that contravenes labour laws.

But labour laws should be secondary to the law of molestation of minors IMO.

You simply cannot have a man score a goal in front of 50,000 on Saturday and then on Wednesday admit to sexual contact with a minor.

What can be done? I guess it's a matter of contract, I'd like to see mechanisms for this brought into sports contracts, allowing suspension when under investigation for certain crimes.

If this effects the PL appeal and consequently Financing, then that will be the mechanism for change. It's easier to be moralistic when those morals can be qua quantified on a balance sheet.
  • Options
    The whole point of the Evans case, wasn't that she "said no" but that in the eyes of the law, due to alcohol, she wasn't in a fit state to say yes, i.e. if you pick up a drunk girl on a Saturday night and have sex with her, even though she consented at the time, the law may deem that she wasn't in a fit state to give consent...

If Johnson had one of sex with an old looking 15 year old, not knowing her age, it would be more understandable, but the charge of grooming is far more worrying.
  • Options

Not according to the 'rape's rape' brigade on here.
  • Options
    Saw footage of him walking into the court earlier on Sky News. Some fucking weirdos taking selfies with him and getting autographs. Who are these weirdos!?

He was walking about with a smug, cocky grin even though he knew he was pleading guilty. Mental.

• Options
    I think Graeme Rix did time for something similar and ended up back coaching at Pompey and elsewhere.
  • Options
    I could understand if he'd picked up a girl in a club and took her home not knowing her age but the fact he's pleaded guilty to grooming means he knew exactly what he was doing and that makes him a wrong en
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adam Nonson
  • Options

I think Graeme Rix did time for something similar and ended up back coaching at Pompey and elsewhere.

Seduced his friends daughter in a hot tub with champagne or something
  • Options

Yes, I wonder why Miss Flounders is sticking by the multi millionaire Adam Johnson.
    I get the money will be the reason but it is truly bizarre, surely people have some form of morale compass and self respect to look beyond that. Especially, dare I say when they look like she does, not exactly going to be short of suiters is she!

I wonder if, now he has pleaded guilty, whether Sunderland can, not just terminate his contract but also sue him for the remainder of it/ reputational damage etc... Maybe not be quite so rich for much longer.
  • Options
    I'd be interested to know what her family think about him pleading guilty as I'm sure I read that they'd released a statement saying they were certain of his innocence.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who had to look up the meaning of the word grooming when used in this context? Must have been away too long!
  • Options

Am I the only one who had to look up the meaning of the word grooming when used in this context? Must have been away too long!

Lol.... My vocabulary is obviously limited but.... no you're not alone. I did have to look up what other meaning this word has.
  • Options
    Whilst not knowing the detail of the case, why would any sane woman stay on the arm of a bloke who grooms 15yo girls?
  • Options

Whilst not knowing the detail of the case, why would any sane woman stay on the arm of a bloke who grooms 15yo girls?

I bet she could think of a few million reasons unfortunately mate