Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Johnson

Comments

• Options
    (excuse the language!)
  • Options
    Wonder what his legal costs will be.

I read he hired the very best.
  • Options
    Scumbag his fucked up his entire life no sympathy for him , hope he gets wot he deserves .
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Adam Johnson pleading guilty to child sex offences was a "massive shock" for Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce.

The footballer, 28, has been told he faces jail after being found guilty of sexual activity with a girl aged 15.

He was playing for Sunderland until the start of his trial but was sacked after changing his pleas and admitting to two charges on the first day.

"It was a massive shock," said Allardyce. "Justice has been done, he's let everybody down."

He added: "This is a big shock to everyone and also a reminder to everybody to make sure that you don't put yourself in that position or situation."

Johnson had denied all four charges he faced up until the start of his trial.

After admitting to two charges - one of grooming and one of sexual activity - he was found guilty of sexual touching, but not guilty on a charge relating to another sexual act.

"I was sat at home when it came on the news and I just was gobsmacked because as far as we were concerned, it was his intention to plead not guilty on all charges," Allardyce added.

"That is why we continued to let him train and play for us."

However, the trial at Bradford Crown Court heard evidence that the club's chief executive, Margaret Byrne, met Johnson and his barrister in May 2015 when he accepted he had kissed the girl and exchanged messages with her.

The jury was told that, before the case came to court, club bosses had seen all the 834 WhatsApp messages the pair sent to each other, along with transcripts of police interviews.

Sunderland yesterday denied they "knew all along that Mr Johnson was intending to change his plea just before trial to enable him to continue to play football for the club".

If by that he means the girl, then a 15 year old girl should be able to feel safe with a 27 year old man. So he can fuck off.

If (and I'm assuming this to be the case) he's referring to that nonce then why should a reasonable, mature 27 year old be concerned about being in the company of a 15 year old? If he believes it to be a temptation then he's a nonce whether or not he actually does anything. Or Allardyce is referring to 'avoid being trapped'. Either way he can doubly fuck off.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

(excuse the language!)

Likewise
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    For some of my previous posts, of course I feel sorry the girl. At the end of the day her illusions have been totally shattered. AJ was someone she had looked up to and idolised but he turned out to be the polar opposite of what she hoped and expected him to be. It's perfectly normal for anyone of that age, younger or even older to have someone they idolise. Sometimes it's a TV personality. Sometimes it's a singer. Sometimes it's and an actor or actress. And sometimes it's a sports person. Sometimes you'll meet them and they are just as you expected them to be, nice. Sometimes they turn out to be an idiot. In this girl's case her idol turned out to be not just an idiot but someone who wanted to take advantage of her sexually as well. His actions left her confused being so young. She probably knew it was wrong but maybe didn't have the confidence or courage to tell her mum a lot earlier because it was her idol. She felt she couldn't let AJ down. That is probably why she let it happen. But I hope she and her family can put this disturbing episode behind them and even if she needs a bit counseling she can get back on track. I also hope for her sake that this disturbing episode won't put her off from going to watch Sunderland just because of one idiot. She will find that most of the players are fine and will not take advantage of her. They might give her an autograph and pose a selfie with her but that is where it will stop. She will find that most of them are perfectly respectable human beings.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Adam Johnson pleading guilty to child sex offences was a "massive shock" for Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce.

The footballer, 28, has been told he faces jail after being found guilty of sexual activity with a girl aged 15.

He was playing for Sunderland until the start of his trial but was sacked after changing his pleas and admitting to two charges on the first day.

"It was a massive shock," said Allardyce. "Justice has been done, he's let everybody down."

He added: "This is a big shock to everyone and also a reminder to everybody to make sure that you don't put yourself in that position or situation."

After admitting to two charges - one of grooming and one of sexual activity - he was found guilty of sexual touching, but not guilty on a charge relating to another sexual act.

"I was sat at home when it came on the news and I just was gobsmacked because as far as we were concerned, it was his intention to plead not guilty on all charges," Allardyce added.

However, the trial at Bradford Crown Court heard evidence that the club's chief executive, Margaret Byrne, met Johnson and his barrister in May 2015 when he accepted he had kissed the girl and exchanged messages with her.

The jury was told that, before the case came to court, club bosses had seen all the 834 WhatsApp messages the pair sent to each other, along with transcripts of police interviews.

Sunderland yesterday denied they "knew all along that Mr Johnson was intending to change his plea just before trial to enable him to continue to play football for the club".

If by that he means the girl, then a 15 year old girl should be able to feel safe with a 27 year old man. So he can fuck off.

If (and I'm assuming this to be the case) he's referring to that nonce then why should a reasonable, mature 27 year old be concerned about being in the company of a 15 year old? If he believes it to be a temptation then he's a nonce whether or not he actually does anything. Or Allardyce is referring to 'avoid being trapped'. Either way he can doubly fuck off.
    Had a bad day?

He's a football manager, you know the group that have whole books filled with their silly quotes. To have such an aggressive pop at a bloke that, probably left school at 16 without any 'O' Levels, because he says the first thing that comes into his head is a little harsh in my view.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

bobmunro said:

Had a bad day?

He's a football manager, you know the group that have whole books filled with their silly quotes. To have such an aggressive pop at a bloke that, probably left school at 16 without any 'O' Levels, because he says the first thing that comes into his head is a little harsh in my view.
    Erhhh... due to whatever circumstances, I left education in identical circumstances - does that allow me to imply either:

(a) that a 15 year old girl was stupid to go somewhere alone with a 27 year old man, or
    (b) that a 27 year old man should never have been alone with a 15 year old girl because of the temptation of touching her up?

No, it doesn't. What I may have lacked on paper at the age of 16 certainly doesn't excuse me from having the ability to see that an adult and a child should be trusted with being alone with each other, and there shouldn't be any fear of sexual conduct as though it's a simple easy accident to make.

Allardyce was an idiot to make that comment, and I'm not sure what his potential lack of qualifications at 16 - 45 years ago - has to do with it. He earns a living managing young men now and is seen as a spokesperson not only for the club which employs him, but also the team which he manages.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

bobmunro said:

Had a bad day?

Erhhh... due to whatever circumstances, I left education in identical circumstances - does that allow me to imply either:

(a) that a 15 year old girl was stupid to go somewhere alone with a 27 year old man, or
    (b) that a 27 year old man should never have been alone with a 15 year old girl because of the temptation of touching her up?

No, it doesn't. What I may have lacked on paper at the age of 16 certainly doesn't excuse me from having the ability to see that an adult and a child should be trusted with being alone with each other, and there shouldn't be any fear of sexual conduct as though it's a simple easy accident to make.

Allardyce was an idiot to make that comment, and I'm not sure what his potential lack of qualifications at 16 - 45 years ago - has to do with it. He earns a living managing young men now and is seen as a spokesperson not only for the club which employs him, but also the team which he manages.
    Bad day comment still apparently stands though...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

LuckyReds said:

bobmunro said:

Had a bad day?

Bad day comment still apparently stands though...
    Eh?

If you're asking me if I've had a bad day - it's not been the best, ta! ;) Chris_From_Sidcup made the original post though, so you'll have to ask him if anyone pissed in his cornflakes this morning!

I just think it's a bit of a cop out to claim that a geezer in his 60s is allowed to make a stupid comment - which in some ways trivialises the whole incident - because he potentially had no qualifications when he left school 45 years ago! The guy manages a team of grown adults - so claiming he's simply a bit thick because he's a football manager is pretty inaccurate and completely irrelevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he gets the welcome he truly deserves once he is locked up, castrate him I say piece of shit.
  • Options
    Football club in morally bankrupt shocker

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Can somebody enlighten me.

Johnson pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child under 16 and one count of grooming.

In the reporting of the trial which was about two further charges of sexual activity with a child under 16, they refer repeatedly to the guilty plea as "kissing" the girl.

At the trial he only admitted kissing during his testimony. I have looked at the law on this and "kissing on the mouth" is not a definition of sexual activity - so what did he actually do?

• Options
    What I've missed out on is how this actually came to light? Did the girl call the police? Serious question.
  • Options

What I've missed out on is how this actually came to light? Did the girl call the police? Serious question.

She told her mum in the end and it was probably the mum that notified the police in the end.
  • Options

Johnson pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child under 16 and one count of grooming.

In the reporting of the trial which was about two further charges of sexual activity with a child under 16, they refer repeatedly to the guilty plea as "kissing" the girl.

At the trial he only admitted kissing during his testimony. I have looked at the law on this and "kissing on the mouth" is not a definition of sexual activity - so what did he actually do?

'digital penetration' was the main thing I believe.
  • Options

found guilty of putting his hand down the girl's trousers and faces a maximum 10-year sentence
  • Options
    Sorry guys with respect you may have missed the point. He pleaded guilty (and therefore there was no prosecution or defence made) to an act of sexual activity with a child under 16.

He was then found guilty of a second act (which was reported as putting as putting his hand inside her pants) and not guilty of a third act (which was reported as her giving him oral sex). What I am trying to establish is what was the sexual activity to which he pleaded guilty? The press have reported it as kissing but kissing is not a sexual activity (as defined in Law) unless it involves penetration of the victims body other than her mouth. So what did he do?
  • Options

If it was that VG, why did he plead not guilty to the second sexual activity count of which he was found guilty which was putting his hands down her pants? Unless I am being very naive here and "digital penetration" was accepted as being achieved without putting his hands inside her pants which he denied?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Her parents contacted the police I believe. I know I would have done if it was my daughter.

A friend of mines daughter was groomed and sexually abused by a school teacher. The man was interviewed under caution and released. I am not sure if he was charged and bailed but two says later he topped himself by jumping in front of a train.

This was 7 years ago when she was 14. She still suffers very badly from the mental scars of all of that.
  • Options

If it was that VG, why did he plead not guilty to the second sexual activity count of which he was found guilty which was putting his hands down her pants? Unless I am being very naive here and "digital penetration" was accepted as being achieved without putting his hands inside her pants which he denied?
    I think from what I've read, the four charges are:
    Grooming: Johnson pleaded guilty;
    Kissing: Johnson pleaded guilty;
    Touching/digital penetration/fingering: Johnson denied it but is found guilty;
    Oral sex: Johnson denied it and is found not guilty.
  • Options
    I'm guessing the claims about him being shaved in such a way that contradicted the girls statement will have led to that Not Guilty.

Surprising, the text messages - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/adam-johnson-trial-verdict-how-7471478 - show that this was clearly his endgame, at the very least. Hence the way he jokes about not lasting very long, and wanting to get her on the backseat next time.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Had a bad day?

No not a particularly bad day - just that some things rile me more than others.

One of the things that riles me most is the lack of a moral compass within many elements of professional football. That has nothing to do with education and more to do with many people in football believing they are above the law - 'we do things differently in football' is a saying I hear very often, to which I always reply 'not on my watch you don't'.

I deal with it most days and also with the PFA and the LMA. Allardyce's comments don't surprise me because they are symptomatic of the professional football culture - but that doesn't stop me being appalled by it. A 'little harsh' - on that we differ.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Forget about what the manager has said. This quote from Gavin Henderson sums it up perfectly.

Gavin Henderson, 24, Roker Report Writer
    Whether Sunderland know more than they’ve let on remains subjective. What we do know is that Johnson knew exactly what he had done but continued to represent Sunderland. For me, beyond the crimes committed upon a young girl and the impact it has had on two families, that is the most damning, saddening and sickening aspect of this sorry mess.
    As a Sunderland supporter, it embarrasses me that someone representing the club who I love has done what Johnson has done. He acted without considering anyone but himself, and for that I hope proper justice will be served. He is a vile human being who deserves everything he has coming to him.

So by that logic, Jimmy saville was sicker for continuing to do jim'll fix it than for sexually abusing children?

Don't fucking think so Gav, it is the abuse of a CHILD that is the most sickening and when things like this happen to kids football can fuck off!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

DRAddick said:

What Johnson has done is exceptionally stupid by letting himself take advantage of this girl. At the end of the day nobody can stop him from feeling attracted to her but he should never have pursude it. He should have just signed her shirt if she wanted something signed and that is it. If she gave him a peck on the cheek following the the signed shirt fine. But anything more not. But that said he asked her for a thank you kiss. But I think as much as Johnson has been stupid she too has been a bit niave and misguided. Why did she let herself get into this situation n the first place? She should have said no to anything amerous.

A young girl being naive and stupid with an older idol, who'd have thought it?
    Situation is 100% his making and his fault and any attempt to lay any blame on her is frankly pathetic.
    My comments have been slightly misinterpreted. I am not blaming the girl. She is 15 and both girls and boys can still be immerture at that age. Not their fault. Youngsters always develop at their own speed. Johnson has been an idiot taking taking head on advantage of her age. She was clearly star struck and didn't know what to do.

I am sorry if my comments appear to offend but they are certainly not meant to.
    "But I think as much as Johnson has been stupid she too has been a bit niave and misguided. Why did she let herself get into this situation n the first place?"

If that's not victim blaming I don't know what is. Stuff like this - and it all adds up - has the potential to perpetuate a culture in which "she was asking for it" or what have you. Which is not on.
    She wasn't being nieve at all. She was being a child. That's why adults look to protect children. They are not experienced enough or worldly wise enough to make the right decisions despite what their hormones are doing and telling them. He used that situation to his own calculated adult ends.

• Options
    boggzy said:
    Outside of the courtroom and, as the trial approached its third week, he commented to a friend: ‘I hope this is finished by Friday. It’s a bit boring now’.
    One has to wonder whether he really is so monumentally thick that he failed to understand what the consequences of a guilty verdict would be or if he genuinely believed he would get away with it/was not guilty.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

boggzy said:
    Outside of the courtroom and, as the trial approached its third week, he commented to a friend: ‘I hope this is finished by Friday. It’s a bit boring now’.
    One has to wonder whether he really is so monumentally thick that he failed to understand what the consequences of a guilty verdict would be or if he genuinely believed he would get away with it/was not guilty.

Are you suggesting a footballer, that has more money than he could ever spend, could be deluded ?