Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Enough is enough

Comments

• kentred2 said:

Do we not think that all this protesting is having an adverse effect on our fight to avoid the drop,Don't think the owners give a monkeys about banners,black scarves etc.We should be using our energy encouraging our players not distracting them by all the negative chanting.Why not try to help the players,they must be distracted by all this follow the sheep nonsense.Come on let's try supporting the team on Saturday you never know till you try COYR

I boycott games. I will be there when the in stadium protests start. Miere knows they are coming which is why she now has police protection during the game.

There is only thing that is important and that is the removal of the cancer of Duchatalet. Results are irrelevant.

The team is the regime. Supporting the team is supporting the regime and no wimpy posts of support the team / coyr will change my view or the many others who believe the same.

Reclaim the Valley.
    Spot on.
  • We visit Liverpool at least once a year for a great weekend in a great city. The scousers love their football - and they know more than what you might think about teams kike Charlton. The fans walkout on Saturday was brilliant but did not come as a surprise to me. They are still proudly working class and won't stand for the kind of shite the directors are trying to introduce.
    I think we should emulate their fans, choose a particular time during a home game - remember the TV cameras will be in place - and walk out en masse, thing is will enough people 'rise' to the occasion? Over to you Airman.
  • Yours is a popular view @Matttees.

If for example a boycott was called for the next home game, how many people do you think would actually support it? I'm Interested in your view. Mine is that there would be about 6,000 people would potentially agree with it. Of that 6000, 4000-5000 of those would still go to see how empty the ground would would look with 6000 missing. So the maximum impact would be 1000-2000, which probably won't have any real visible impact.

I know I'd happily stay away but im not convinced it would be wide enough supported at this stage (I think things change dramatically if we continue heading closer to relegation). Just my own view.

Agreed.

A walkout after x minutes is an idea that should be successful.

For all the people who have not been active in a protest/cannot be a**** to stand outside the West Stand before/after the game, there is NO excuse to get your backside off your seat to say arseholes to the Belgian arseholes.
  • addick05 said:

We visit Liverpool at least once a year for a great weekend in a great city. The scousers love their football - and they know more than what you might think about teams kike Charlton. The fans walkout on Saturday was brilliant but did not come as a surprise to me. They are still proudly working class and won't stand for the kind of shite the directors are trying to introduce.
    I think we should emulate their fans, choose a particular time during a home game - remember the TV cameras will be in place - and walk out en masse, thing is will enough people 'rise' to the occasion? Over to you Airman.

I was impressed with their walkout. That looked like the locals walking out and the tourists staying put.
  • Mametz said:

Do we not think that all this protesting is having an adverse effect on our fight to avoid the drop,Don't think the owners give a monkeys about banners,black scarves etc.We should be using our energy encouraging our players not distracting them by all the negative chanting.Why not try to help the players,they must be distracted by all this follow the sheep nonsense.Come on let's try supporting the team on Saturday you never know till you try COYR

Many thanks for enlightening me. I had mistakenly thought that the reason we are nearly certain to get relegated was due to the fact that our owner had a policy of hiring only managers that have had no experience of managing in England and in some cases had only limited and unsuccessful experience of managing abroad. Stupidly, I had believed that having an owner who has had a history of telling the managers who and how to play might have had a detrimental effect of the team's performance. What a fool I was thinking that a policy of selling and, in some cases, giving our best players to direct rivals wasn't a stroke of genius on our owner's part.

In my fifty two years of supporting Charlton including wet, frozen mid-week nights in Lancashire, Yorkshire etc, it had never occurred to me to actually cheer the team on. Helped by you I have come to appreciate that the way to improve the teams performance is to cheer the inadequate players to the rafters and not complain at all when the chief executive of the club tells me self obvious lies.

I expect that some people on this site will consider you to be an idiot. I can guarantee that Katrien considers you be a useful idiot. However not me; I have seen the light. Six changes of managers in two years in clearly the way to go. If we couldn't hire that non English speaking Serb from Hungary last month we can get him in the summer. All we need to do is stop the protests, cheer the team and we will be in the Premiership in a couple of years.
    There now, doesn't that feel better?????

Nurse will be along now in a moment with the pills and in less than 6 months you might be ready to fully appreciate the joys of Roland's dream....

It's a good thing I don't understand concepts like irony or sarcasm.
  • Repeating myself again.

Have been involved in the 5pm protests with my son, left the Blackburn protest after the second flare got lit. Increased threat of violence has an increased cost to the club, but decreases the number of people prepared to join in.

The first CARD protest caught me short and I did spend inside the ground that day, I didn't yesterday.

Between us we make sure we are wearing black and white scarves, my son insists on wearing his white and red one and who am I to insist otherwise.

We shout for the team all game, can be a lonely experience in the west lower closer to the away fans than the covered end. We will either not buy a season tickets next season or buy late but closer to the covered end

We stand up because we we want them out. I have no problem either this as it normally happens not at pre-planned times but when there is a lull in play.

Yesterday I thought that the planning for the in game protests meant that the support was less engaged with the game than normal.

I may be wrong, but I do not agree with organised in game protests at this stage. My son was disappointed to not get more involved I the first 20 minutes. I agree that some of this was a lack of showing on the pitch, not all of it though.

When we are confirmed relegated, In game protests can be OK.

Right now though I think our focus as fans throughout the game should be supporting the team with as much noise as we can generate.

I was unhappy with having contributed towards yesterday's protest which, while well meaning in terms of highlighting the treatment at Blackburn of a banner holder, for me meant too much energy was taken out of the support.

The game was very disappointing. Not every protest comes off and I will be supporting the team, the protests and not the regime going forwards.

Unbelievable amount of police there yesterday.

I think you're going about things perfectly.

The thing about in game protests is that I don't think the fans should ever be held responsible for the team's performance on the pitch. Listen to Jordan Henderson's comments re the Liverpool walk out.

Protests after the game do give the regime the chance to escape the brunt, which is considerably more difficult inside the ground. I don't think we should disrupt the game, but I think supporting Charlton does include protests against a regime badly damaging the club.

• We were shit well before the protests started. But next Saturday we need the sort of atmosphere we created against Cardiff during the 5-4 win.

Perhaps we should sing Chrisy Powell - Chris Powell for twenty minutes :-)
  • The atmosphere against Bolton was shocking, same again v Bristol. A rocking Valley may well have gained us an extra 3 vital points just in those two games. We can make a huge impact with demonstrations without affecting such important games. Just do it once and do it well. A total boycott for one game against a top team. That will get the publicity and send the owners a very strong message. But most importantly, it will have little impact on our chances of avoiding relegation. This current death by a thousand cuts is no good for anyone.
  • A lot of players, managers and pundits alike talk about how the crowd can be the 12th man, and can push a team forwards, so I would presume there is actually something in that. With that in mind, what certainly is not going to help anybody is jeering a young player when he is subbed of.

What do we as support/customers know anyway, we just like to throw out cliched lines like 'stealing a living', 'not playing for the badge', 'showing no passion', where as really we know nothing about the players, but believe as they get paid a large sum of money to play football they should be infallible.

I am more than happy to be critical of a players performance, but believe doing so during a game will just up the pressure on thaem and all the other players. And it does not matter how much you get paid, I bet it's easier to perform with the crowd behind you then not.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we should target a game for a boycott, but it shouldn't be the next one. We need time for the idea to spread.
  • I think we should target a game for a boycott, but it shouldn't be the next one. We need time for the idea to spread.

Fck mine people been talking about if for 3 months.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

addick05 said:

We visit Liverpool at least once a year for a great weekend in a great city. The scousers love their football - and they know more than what you might think about teams kike Charlton. The fans walkout on Saturday was brilliant but did not come as a surprise to me. They are still proudly working class and won't stand for the kind of shite the directors are trying to introduce.

I was impressed with their walkout. That looked like the locals walking out and the tourists staying put.
    They conceded 2 goals and 2 points in those last 15 minutes didn't they ?
  • edited February 2016
    All get tickets for the West and storm the boardroom at halftime, break open the doors to the lounges and smash our way in holding the whole boardroom hostage until we get bored of eating canopies and smoked salmon then think wtf do we do next trying to avoid arrest and tazers could be a right giggle but probably has a few grey areas regarding legality
  • edited February 2016

All get tickets for the West send storm the boardroom at halftime, break open the doors to the lounges and smash our way in holding the whole boardroom hostage until we get bored of eating canopies and smoked salmon then think wtf do we do next trying to avoid arrest and tazers could be a right giggle but probably has a few grey areas regarding legality

What no prawn sarnies! I'm out :wink:
  • You can have the prawns then
  • Here I am this morning thinking about the situation I've put myself in
    I have tickets for the next 2 home games
    At the moment I can't think of anything worse than sitting in the upper north freezing my knackers off watching the pile of dung I've read about on here
    Is it as bad as you lot make out??
    Would I be better of going for a swim in a muddy bog
  • Will not work, most ultras are vegetarians or those with special dietary requirements.

Fck mine people been talking about if for 3 months.
    But they need to know the game well in advance and create momentum.
  • All get tickets for the West send storm the boardroom at halftime, break open the doors to the lounges and smash our way in holding the whole boardroom hostage until we get bored of eating canopies and smoked salmon then think wtf do we do next trying to avoid arrest and tazers could be a right giggle but probably has a few grey areas regarding legality

Have to be after March can't afford to be arrested before then

Will not work, most ultras are vegetarians or those with special dietary requirements.

70s retro day? I will bring my own packed lunch. Where can you buy DMs these days?
  • Sponsored links:

• I am down with March so could be by then
  • edited February 2016
    I think that had the fans been very noisy and fully behind the team on Saturday it might have put more pressure ion the City players - especially towards the end of the game when we were pushing for a goal. I think it gets missed that a 'hostile' ground doesn't just raise the home team it also affects the away team. For all the comments about we had just one shot on goal for such an important game I find it ironic that the fans were not very loud for the whole 90 minutes to help the side.

That said I sit up in the East Stand with the flask and blanket brigade so I have to confess that I didn't make any noise either.
  • That sex ad at the start of the season has backfired on Roland and tells me we're screwed on and off the pitch.
  • @philipoters - are you the guy in east stand, block e, a few rows behind me who screamed at anyone who stood up to 'stand up if you want them out'? and then got involved in verbals with a couple of guys from just in front of him? There with your son and possibly your father?? That chap just 'doesn't get it' either.....
  • Do we not think that all this protesting is having an adverse effect on our fight to avoid the drop,Don't think the owners give a monkeys about banners,black scarves etc.We should be using our energy encouraging our players not distracting them by all the negative chanting.Why not try to help the players,they must be distracted by all this follow the sheep nonsense.Come on let's try supporting the team on Saturday you never know till you try COYR

change your user name to 'pottyphil', has a better ring to it
  • kentred2 said:

I boycott games. I will be there when the in stadium protests start. Miere knows they are coming which is why she now has police protection during the game.

There is only thing that is important and that is the removal of the cancer of Duchatalet. Results are irrelevant.

The team is the regime. Supporting the team is supporting the regime and no wimpy posts of support the team / coyr will change my view or the many others who believe the same.

Reclaim the Valley.
    Spot on.
    Spot on?! And here in a nutshell is the attitude that will surely see us go down. If you can't support the team then by self-definition you're not a supporter. You should boycott the games. I'd rather a smaller crowd supporting the team than a larger crowd trying to undermine it.
  • I don't come on here every day or read every post so apologies if this has already been raised.

Since all these protests started, has any organisation be it CARD CAST etc and/or person had an opportunity to/or requested a meeting with representation from the club to discuss the situation and what we want ? I know we had the fans forum where KM hand picked her guests but what about since then ? Obviously we had RM come out with his carefully planned q&a forum but shouldn't we be trying to get a representation before the club now ? It doesn't mean we can't continue with our protests but shouldn't that be the next step ??

Again apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere...
  • @philipoters - are you the guy in east stand, block e, a few rows behind me who screamed at anyone who stood up to 'stand up if you want them out'? and then got involved in verbals with a couple of guys from just in front of him? There with your son and possibly your father?? That chap just 'doesn't get it' either.....

Or potentially the chap who was behind me in the West Stand who was mouthing off. I asked him to "pipe down" when I sat down but I'm not sure he heard.

He started slagging "Mick Everett" off, which left me pondering whether to agree with him ("You go fella, I agree completely that that Mick should be ashamed of himself!") or correct him.

When he carried on for a bit too long I corrected him "Rick. Mate, its Rick. If you're gonna moan get the blokes name right" and gave him a sarcastic thumbs up. First time I've had that and I absolutely hate sarcasm - felt a bit of a tool afterwards... but after 90 mins of moaning I felt less guilty!
  • Yours is a popular view @Matttees.

If for example a boycott was called for the next home game, how many people do you think would actually support it? I'm Interested in your view. Mine is that there would be about 6,000 people would potentially agree with it. Of that 6000, 4000-5000 of those would still go to see how empty the ground would would look with 6000 missing. So the maximum impact would be 1000-2000, which probably won't have any real visible impact.

I know I'd happily stay away but im not convinced it would be wide enough supported at this stage (I think things change dramatically if we continue heading closer to relegation). Just my own view.

Agreed.

A walkout after x minutes is an idea that should be successful.

For all the people who have not been active in a protest/cannot be a**** to stand outside the West Stand before/after the game, there is NO excuse to get your backside off your seat to say arseholes to the Belgian arseholes.
    Trouble is, it's been done now. Wont be that effective.