Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Enough is enough

Do we not think that all this protesting is having an adverse effect on our fight to avoid the drop,Don't think the owners give a monkeys about banners,black scarves etc.We should be using our energy encouraging our players not distracting them by all the negative chanting.Why not try to help the players,they must be distracted by all this follow the sheep nonsense.Come on let's try supporting the team on Saturday you never know till you try COYR

Comments

• We were shit well before the protests started. But next Saturday we need the sort of atmosphere we created against Cardiff during the 5-4 win.
  • Sorry meant helped getting rid of freaye.
  • Well said, Henners & Lancs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do we not think that all this protesting is having an adverse effect on our fight to avoid the drop,Don't think the owners give a monkeys about banners,black scarves etc.We should be using our energy encouraging our players not distracting them by all the negative chanting.Why not try to help the players,they must be distracted by all this follow the sheep nonsense.Come on let's try supporting the team on Saturday you never know till you try COYR

No. If we just give up making our feelings known and simply act like sheep getting behind the team then it's practically a cert that, if we somehow manage to avoid relegation, we will be in the same position again next season after the illustrious powers that be have made the same mistakes again and you will again need to post this.
    If you're only interested in the football on the pitch then fine, that's your prerogative. Support as you see fit.
  • Everyone to their own, but for those who advocate not protesting - as is their right - I would be interested to know at what point would you consider doing so? Assuming not if we go down, but how about if we are fighting relegation from Division 1 next season? Or if the new owners decide crowds are so small we can move from The Valley? Everyone has a tipping point or we just stumble like sheep into the abyss.
  • Do we not think that all this protesting is having an adverse effect on our fight to avoid the drop,Don't think the owners give a monkeys about banners,black scarves etc.We should be using our energy encouraging our players not distracting them by all the negative chanting.Why not try to help the players,they must be distracted by all this follow the sheep nonsense.Come on let's try supporting the team on Saturday you never know till you try COYR

Our new communications officer's first comment.
    Customer relation officer
  • The players ain't helping themselves regardless of what we are doing, ok some of them ain't the best but anyone can at least show some passion and have some fire in their bellies. If anything it should spur them on fight for the cause. The regime need to go end of and we need to do everything we can to make it happen regardless.
  • The only protests that may have an end product is to hit Roland financially. Black and white scarves and banners etc are great for publicity but if everybody did not spend one penny at the club how long would Roland want to cover the costs?!
    Regardless of which league were in next season a season ticket ban should be the big protest organised by card.
  • What was the impact on ST sales when we dropped into League one last time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Why not try to help the players,they must be distracted by all this follow the sheep nonsense.

I'm confused, are you suggesting that the players are being distracted by KM and RM doing whatever Roland says?
    So if we do everything to get them out, that WILL help the players, won't it :-)

What will the excuse be next season when there will be sod all fans there ?!

But I'm just a customer...
  • Repeating myself again.

Have been involved in the 5pm protests with my son, left the Blackburn protest after the second flare got lit. Increased threat of violence has an increased cost to the club, but decreases the number of people prepared to join in.

The first CARD protest caught me short and I did spend inside the ground that day, I didn't yesterday.

Between us we make sure we are wearing black and white scarves, my son insists on wearing his white and red one and who am I to insist otherwise.

We shout for the team all game, can be a lonely experience in the west lower closer to the away fans than the covered end. We will either not buy a season tickets next season or buy late but closer to the covered end

We stand up because we we want them out. I have no problem either this as it normally happens not at pre-planned times but when there is a lull in play.

Yesterday I thought that the planning for the in game protests meant that the support was less engaged with the game than normal.

I may be wrong, but I do not agree with organised in game protests at this stage. My son was disappointed to not get more involved I the first 20 minutes. I agree that some of this was a lack of showing on the pitch, not all of it though.

When we are confirmed relegated, In game protests can be OK.

Right now though I think our focus as fans throughout the game should be supporting the team with as much noise as we can generate.

I was unhappy with having contributed towards yesterday's protest which, while well meaning in terms of highlighting the treatment at Blackburn of a banner holder, for me meant too much energy was taken out of the support.

The game was very disappointing. Not every protest comes off and I will be supporting the team, the protests and not the regime going forwards.

Unbelievable amount of police there yesterday.
  • I agree - Enough is enough.
    CARD should target a game for a total boycott by all fans. Let the regime see FAN power at work. The media would have a field day showing the empty ground. The team are paid more than enough to play in front of away fans, if they don,t like it - tough!
  • kentred2 said:

Do we not think that all this protesting is having an adverse effect on our fight to avoid the drop,Don't think the owners give a monkeys about banners,black scarves etc.We should be using our energy encouraging our players not distracting them by all the negative chanting.Why not try to help the players,they must be distracted by all this follow the sheep nonsense.Come on let's try supporting the team on Saturday you never know till you try COYR

I boycott games. I will be there when the in stadium protests start. Miere knows they are coming which is why she now has police protection during the game.

There is only thing that is important and that is the removal of the cancer of Duchatalet. Results are irrelevant.

The team is the regime. Supporting the team is supporting the regime and no wimpy posts of support the team / coyr will change my view or the many others who believe the same.

Reclaim the Valley.
    I think we should storm the valley, claim it as our own!
  • Yours is a popular view @Matttees.

If for example a boycott was called for the next home game, how many people do you think would actually support it? I'm Interested in your view. Mine is that there would be about 6,000 people would potentially agree with it. Of that 6000, 4000-5000 of those would still go to see how empty the ground would would look with 6000 missing. So the maximum impact would be 1000-2000, which probably won't have any real visible impact.

I know I'd happily stay away but im not convinced it would be wide enough supported at this stage (I think things change dramatically if we continue heading closer to relegation). Just my own view.
  • Yours is a popular view @Matttees.

If for example a boycott was called for the next home game, how many people do you think would actually support it? I'm Interested in your view. Mine is that there would be about 6,000 people would potentially agree with it. Of that 6000, 4000-5000 of those would still go to see how empty the ground would would look with 6000 missing. So the maximum impact would be 1000-2000, which probably won't have any real visible impact.

I know I'd happily stay away but im not convinced it would be wide enough supported at this stage (I think things change dramatically if we continue heading closer to relegation). Just my own view.

I'm over for that, be my luck it will be boycotted
  • The best that I think you could hope for would be to encourage fans to stay outside until 5 minutes after kick off... Which would be likely to have as good a media impact, IMHO.