Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Head of Communication

124»

Comments

• seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Time?
    It was announced in November that she would start on February 1st. I know that people have to work their notice and all that, but knowing you have a new job in three months ought to ensure you hit the ground running I would've thought.

Not fair in my opinion. Professional is completing your last assignment to the utmost of your ability and in taking stock at your new place of employment before doing anything radically different.
    Disagree I'm afraid. Professional is preparing thoroughly for the new job applied for and accepted so as to hit the ground running no excuses, whilst at the same time completing your last assignment to the utmost of your ability.
    Anybody can define 'professional' on the hoof can't they?
    Within week 1 change the world ? You can only prepare so much from outside of any organisation.
  • edited February 2016
    You get the job in November (maybe even earlier than it was announced), and you start three months later. No 'professional' would whinge that they need settling in time would they?
    Three months.
  • se9addick said:

BBQ's in the car park actually sound quite good (on the three weekends a season that it isn't minus four hundred and/or raining).

No, can't use the car park it'll be too full of protestors, actually they'll be held on the pitch........somewhere right out of the way......up the end we're supposed to be attacking :smile:
  • edited February 2016
    seth plum said:

You get the job in November (maybe even earlier than it was announced), and you start three months later. No 'professional' would whinge that they need settling in time would they?
    Three months.

Who has whinged? I've only suggested any new employee should take stock of the new environment for a little while once they formally start.

Regardless my opinion is that professional does mean giving 100% to your last assignment. If gardening leave were involved you have some limited flexibility but otherwise you seem to be expecting immediate potentially ill informed changes which within a small team of co-workers seems unlikely and undesirable to me.
  • seth plum said:

Time?
    It was announced in November that she would start on February 1st. I know that people have to work their notice and all that, but knowing you have a new job in three months ought to ensure you hit the ground running I would've thought.

What was she supposed to do? Come out at half time in a bikini and fire tshirt with her face on from a t-shirt cannon?

Tracey Leaburn came in, tried to "'make a name" for herself and ended up getting dogs abuse.

Maybe she wants to get in, see how the land lies and do the right thing.
  • Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Time?

What was she supposed to do? Come out at half time in a bikini and fire tshirt with her face on from a t-shirt cannon?

Tracey Leaburn came in, tried to "'make a name" for herself and ended up getting dogs abuse.

No. But taking into account her profession and her new responsibilities, last weekend you'd have thought maybe she'd have updated her social media (particularly LinkedIn) and maybe written up something about herself to bung on the OS sometime during the working week. Don't you think?
  • for a head of comms you would have thought they would have put it out on the OS as a minimum

• seth plum said:

Time?

So, who signed up for this Forum in November? Surely a perfect place to start for someone wanting to get to know their 'customers'?

• Addickted said:

seth plum said:

Time?

So, who signed up for this Forum in November? Surely a perfect place to start for someone wanting to get to know their 'customers'?

That's okay, she'll have Agent Olly to brief her. That should have been a long, long meeting with his new boss......
  • Sponsored links:

• The job has been vacant for two years, the appointment announced three months ago, the wages are high, the communication issue urgent, yet still someone should be allowed to settle in and get cut some slack?
    Hmmmn.
    So what is suggested, give the lady six months to get comfortable and familiar? A year?
    It may well turn out that the head of communications is only a functionary whose purpose is to follow instructions for the party line, and be good at spin and propaganda. If that is the case she ought to be on the case from minute one. Even if she is allowed any autonomy she ought to be on the case within a week at most.
    Given the Louis Mendez affair, the history of the communications department as reported in VOTV, the latest Henry Irvinggate revelations, the general control freakery of this regime I'm not expecting the new lady to have much personal autonomy in her new job.
    A third of her wages are apparently being paid for from our season ticket money, and whilst I wish her well, I won't take a patronising attitude either. The lady is here, communications are a disaster, improvement ought to happen from tomorrow at the latest, and those improvements ought to be 'communicated' to us straight away.
  • edited February 2016
    Just to be clear, we make no criticism of the new woman in VOTV or comment on whether she is qualified or likely to be capable of doing the job, even though we had her LinkIn CV.

I suspect Meire sees it as a marketing role insofar as she has any clue at all.

• Is Mel B possibly Amaury Gerard in disguise ?

• Is Mel B possibly Amaury Gerard in disguise ?

Scary thought.
  • Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Time?

Shrug her shoulders and leave maybe ?

• Her role is given in the back of the programme

"Communications : Mel Baroni"
  • Good luck to her. She's just jumped into a bigger hole than José Riga did
  • cafcfan said:

Is Mel B possibly Amaury Gerard in disguise ?

I'd forgotten who he was and had to look him up. This is an extract from his LinkedIn.

"I'm responsible for the digital marketing of our Football and Basket channels."

So, it appears that in Belgium they have whole channels dedicated to Baskets? Could explain the laundry basket fiasco, maybe? Perhaps the Belgium version of I'm a celebrity get me out of here?
    At the risk of te inevitable "Whoosh", surely basket refers to basketball...
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

I'd forgotten who he was and had to look him up. This is an extract from his LinkedIn.

"I'm responsible for the digital marketing of our Football and Basket channels."

So, it appears that in Belgium they have whole channels dedicated to Baskets? Could explain the laundry basket fiasco, maybe? Perhaps the Belgium version of I'm a celebrity get me out of here?
    I'm sure you're right really but couldn't resist being amused by the omission of " ball". After all he didn't say "foot and basket".
  • cafcfan said:

nah.

Clearly laundry baskets are deeply embedded in Belgian culture.