Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are we protesting on Saturday?

13»

Comments

• mogodon said:

I suspect the KM/RD strategy was that a few wins and the bulk of protests would evaporate leaving a core who can easily be dismissed. In that regard, the success of the first two protests could come back to bite us. We have to keep the momentum up but it will be much harder with (relative) on field success. One decent win and one adequate manager should never paper over the massive problems we still face.

I'm looking forward to Airman Brown's detailed analysis in VOTV of that wonderful bit of business that saw Polish Pete (who was "highly rated" and on the radar of Premier League teams according to the official site at the time) have his contract cancelled after less than 10 minutes football in the red and white. I'm sure a look at those other wonderful bits of business (Tucadean, Moussa, and more) will also probably illustrate quite clearly that they don't know what they are doing. And still don't.
  • mogodon said:

I suspect the KM/RD strategy was that a few wins and the bulk of protests would evaporate leaving a core who can easily be dismissed. In that regard, the success of the first two protests could come back to bite us. We have to keep the momentum up but it will be much harder with (relative) on field success. One decent win and one adequate manager should never paper over the massive problems we still face.

I'm looking forward to Airman Brown's detailed analysis in VOTV of that wonderful bit of business that saw Polish Pete (who was "highly rated" and on the radar of Premier League teams according to the official site at the time) have his contract cancelled after less than 10 minutes football in the red and white. I'm sure a look at those other wonderful bits of business (Tucadean, Moussa, and more) will also probably illustrate quite clearly that they don't know what they are doing. And still don't.
    Please remind me.
    Who is it that negotiates the players contracts again? ;)
  • Is it the Robin Mascot? Please tell me it is.

Q Mascot - Tweet tweet
    A Agent - yes absolutely brilliant for you at this level, it's unlikely unless one of your players knows him that you've seen him play.
    Q mascot -tweet lol
    A agent- oh you know Dave Cameron, he likes him too, was seen by Villa and West Ham my mate Dave's gave teams
    Q - tweet tweet
    A - Agent - how much? Well his stats say £1m but for you I think we accommodate a 4 year contract and a signing on fee of only £2m, a bargain given your current position.
    Q - Tweet Naby
  • mogodon said:

All part of the "£9million"
  • Can I make a suggestion ? I realise that this is a forum where we discuss things but in view of the fact that anyone can read this (i.e. clubstaff etc) if anyone has ideas/suggestions of how to further the protests instead of posting them up here why not message them to Airman & co & let them deal with the good ones via leaflets on the day of the game or the midday announcement. The less time we give them the chance to plan for any possibilities the better.
  • braydex said:

NOTHING will change until that ground is empty and their profits take a significant hit. Any of you naïve enough to think anything will change whilst the ground is still half full....keep on turning up!

They do not care what the fans think. They do not care if they are disliked. They do not care if you wear black and white scarves or stand in the car park after the match singing. You, and me are irrelevant to them. They do not respect us as fans. They do not respect the club's history. All they care about it running a business and making money.

So why on earth fans continue to line their pockets is beyond me? You are only fuelling them to remain at the club. If everyone left they would have no choice but to sell up. It is the only way they will go. No fans. No money.

What protest is being lined up this weekend? It's a surprise isn't it? Well good luck with that because after two further shit signings and a win, my guess is that a few thousand, for the time being at least, will once again be content to go along and trundle off home afterwards.

A full on BOYCOTT of games is the only way they will go. The sooner other realise that the sooner we will get new owners.

It's already changed. We have got rid of Fraeye and got Riga back.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a big rant.
    What facts? I'm not talking about bringing in an ex manager who has no self respect, I'm talking about ownership. KM and RD in particular and the way the club is run. It's not a rant it's a fact. People on here state they want them out and weirdly believe that attending matches, spending money in the ground and then protesting is the answer. It isn't.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

the boycott will only work on season ticket sales. if you already have a ticket it is pointless not turning up. support the team not the Regime.

I want to see 27k in the stadium singing stand up if you want them out!

we should have pushed for that for the football for a fiver game.

Wrong. What sends a bigger message to KM? Her sitting on her own with 500 away supporters and the spotlight well and truly on her, or a half empty stadium she can blend in with? As I've said before you and others are naive if you think chanting a song will make them leave. It won't. They have thick skin and will be driven to prove you all wrong. I have a season ticket too but my empty seat says a lot, and if everyone did the same it would say it even louder. Imagine the ground with no covered end choir? The silence would speak volumes!
  • timken said:

Interesting the club is inviting everyone to the "fans bar" [550 capacity] to watch the rugby.Is this to keep people away from any protest or to get people pissed so they start smashing windows at 7pm after the rugby?

It's to help line their pockets to make up for the £500 they lost in people not buying chips in the ground?
  • edited February 2016
    braydex said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

the boycott will only work on season ticket sales. if you already have a ticket it is pointless not turning up. support the team not the Regime.

Wrong. What sends a bigger message to KM? Her sitting on her own with 500 away supporters and the spotlight well and truly on her, or a half empty stadium she can blend in with? As I've said before you and others are naive if you think chanting a song will make them leave. It won't. They have thick skin and will be driven to prove you all wrong. I have a season ticket too but my empty seat says a lot, and if everyone did the same it would say it even louder. Imagine the ground with no covered end choir? The silence would speak volumes!
    But they'd just extend the "free tickets for Greenwich school kids " offer to " free tickets for Kent, Essex, Bexley, Bromley, Lewisham school kids " .....

Oh, and "Fulham & Chelsea".

• edited February 2016
    Solidgone said:

I really don't think that Riga is the messiah although far better than the other muppets but he is still another one of RD clonies; I wonder if he wanted a Fanni and the other one or again gets what he's given? So don't be fooled by these results as I'm sure Blackpool fans will testify and we are in one hell of a battle to stay up. If we do stay up or relegated Riga goes and we continue to be in the mire. This club is being run by business people with no soul for football. If we take our foot off the pedal with the protest to move them on I'm afraid we might as well support Millwall.....and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

"This club is being run by business people with no soul for football."

Perfectly said and sums up volumes of previous postings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is a leaflet big enough to list all of Katrien's lies? Probably be very embassing to her to be exposed in print on match days and see a few laying around the ground after the game?
  • braydex said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I think we are unanimous in the fact of not renewing our season-tickets being the biggest protest, and one the Belgians surely must be concerned with.

However, protests in whatever other form must continue.

Squirrel face was a quivering wreck when I saw the November meeting video farce, she MUST be targeted.
  • Is a leaflet big enough to list all of Katrien's lies? Probably be very embassing to her to be exposed in print on match days and see a few laying around the ground after the game?

Excellent idea.

You can just about get paper big enough, but it might not be suitable for a demo.

• braydex said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

But they'd just extend the "free tickets for Greenwich school kids " offer to " free tickets for Kent, Essex, Bexley, Bromley, Lewisham school kids " .....

Probably not a bad thing, as most of our fans will end up watching the Hammers at their new ground, Millwall, Fulham or Chelsea....
  • braydex said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I think we are unanimous in the fact of not renewing our season-tickets being the biggest protest, and one the Belgians surely must be concerned with.

Squirrel face was a quivering wreck when I saw the November meeting video farce, she MUST be targeted.
    If she was a quivering wreck it's not because of Charlton fans singing a song, it's about being labelled a failure by RD and sacked. He will only do that when the club becomes a loss making business with no 'customers'.
  • braydex said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Well the way i see it is i wont be there next season, so i want to make my voice heard this season.

The games i do go to next season will only be if ingame protests are announced, to which i will pay for a ticket.

I have also stopped all spending at the valley a while ago.

i do respect peoples descision to not go though.
  • edited February 2016
    Even the weather gods are helping with the protest. No rain expected in Charlton until after 1800hrs.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

If she was a quivering wreck it's not because of Charlton fans singing a song, it's about being labelled a failure by RD and sacked. He will only do that when the club becomes a loss making business with no 'customers'.
    Quivering wreck at the NOVEMBER MEETING.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    The message must be for as many fans as possible to continue to protest. We're complaining about the way the club is being run. Wins and Championship survival count for nothing if the Regime doesn't change its outlook on how Charlton is run or better still sell up. I will be there, I hope as many of you also will show solidarity in our campaign. Support The Team Not The Regime.

And lets keep it well behaved. Broken windows in the club reception will not help our cause.
  • Sam lloyd said:

What is happening on the field of play is completely different to what is happening to our football club as a whole & there lay the problem. We need to remain focused, support the team, not the regime !!

Exactly. Even if we win every game from now until May i still want RD and KM to fuck off.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Probably not a bad thing, as most of our fans will end up watching the Hammers at their new ground, Millwall, Fulham or Chelsea....
    Absolute tosh. You're more deluded than I thought if you think Charlton fans will start supporting Millwall, Fulham or Chelsea. I grant you some may go to W Ham.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

NOTHING will change until that ground is empty and their profits take a significant hit. Any of you naïve enough to think anything will change whilst the ground is still half full....keep on turning up!

They do not care what the fans think. They do not care if they are disliked. They do not care if you wear black and white scarves or stand in the car park after the match singing. You, and me are irrelevant to them. They do not respect us as fans. They do not respect the club's history. All they care about it running a business and making money.

So why on earth fans continue to line their pockets is beyond me? You are only fuelling them to remain at the club. If everyone left they would have no choice but to sell up. It is the only way they will go. No fans. No money.

What protest is being lined up this weekend? It's a surprise isn't it? Well good luck with that because after two further shit signings and a win, my guess is that a few thousand, for the time being at least, will once again be content to go along and trundle off home afterwards.

A full on BOYCOTT of games is the only way they will go. The sooner other realise that the sooner we will get new owners.

It's already changed. We have got rid of Fraeye and got Riga back.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a big rant.
    What facts? I'm not talking about bringing in an ex manager who has no self respect, I'm talking about ownership. KM and RD in particular and the way the club is run. It's not a rant it's a fact. People on here state they want them out and weirdly believe that attending matches, spending money in the ground and then protesting is the answer. It isn't.
    I'm confident Riga will do well, if RD allows him to do so.

Nor is the only answer a boycott, as it will not happen. There are thousands of supporters more committed than yourself, that will go to every game, regardless of how many times, non-attendees, tell us not to.

I've missed 6 home games in 43 years and I'm not going to stop going, regardless of how many times, you keep banging on about it.

A combination of all protests, boycotts, demonstrations, not buying food & drink IS having an impact.

Fraeye has been sacked.

Riga was appointed against RD's true wishes. (KM & RM refusing to back him otherwise).

Free coaches to some away games.

It's only a start, but it's a decent start.