Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are we protesting on Saturday?

Comments

• I would be interested to know how many positions have been axed behind the scenes including scouts,coaches and office staff etc and how many more staff we need to run the club well again,one for airman perhaps.
  • It's a bit of a false comparison because you have to take into account the outsourcing of catering and retail, but I don't think it was overstaffed coming out of League One in 2012. It probably was when we went down, but that reflected where we'd been. The 2012 level is probably the optimum to run in the Championship effectively.
  • I don't think they care how many fans protest as long as they still buy tickets & merchandise. The only thing that will hit them will be a loss of earnings. Unfortunately even more fans will not return after this season - a legacy that will plague any new owner . The trick will be how to win them back once this lot go.
  • It's a bit of a false comparison because you have to take into account the outsourcing of catering and retail, but I don't think it was overstaffed coming out of League One in 2012. It probably was when we went down, but that reflected where we'd been. The 2012 level is probably the optimum to run in the Championship effectively.

thanks Rick,
    do we still have a full compliment of first team coaches,scout, physios etc compared with other championship clubs and are they all Belgian
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

There is a lot happening in the background. As many have said this WONT go away!

It just had to be done slowly to keep the interest.

Stay Tuned to 2% FM :wink:

Is that on DAB?
  • You can't do the same protest over and very again without losing energy/numbers etc. Not hatter's immediate focus around
  • Now that the immediate focus around a takeover has gone, the next thing should be an organised season ticket boycott for next season
  • BBC Weather forecast for SE7, Postcode. Saturday: Heavy Rain. Max 11°C, min 5°C. Wind 20mph SSW. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/se7
  • BBC Weather forecast for SE7, Postcode. Saturday: Heavy Rain. Max 11°C, min 5°C. Wind 20mph SSW. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/se7

Protest in the church hall then...
  • Sponsored links:

• I really don't think that Riga is the messiah although far better than the other muppets but he is still another one of RD clonies; I wonder if he wanted a Fanni and the other one or again gets what he's given? So don't be fooled by these results as I'm sure Blackpool fans will testify and we are in one hell of a battle to stay up. If we do stay up or relegated Riga goes and we continue to be in the mire. This club is being run by business people with no soul for football. If we take our foot off the pedal with the protest to move them on I'm afraid we might as well support Millwall.....and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

what they need to invent is a spring baised thing potentially on a stick that has a sort of conopy above your head!

this may allow us to protest whilst remain dry
  • NOTHING will change until that ground is empty and their profits take a significant hit. Any of you naïve enough to think anything will change whilst the ground is still half full....keep on turning up!

They do not care what the fans think. They do not care if they are disliked. They do not care if you wear black and white scarves or stand in the car park after the match singing. You, and me are irrelevant to them. They do not respect us as fans. They do not respect the club's history. All they care about it running a business and making money.

So why on earth fans continue to line their pockets is beyond me? You are only fuelling them to remain at the club. If everyone left they would have no choice but to sell up. It is the only way they will go. No fans. No money.

What protest is being lined up this weekend? It's a surprise isn't it? Well good luck with that because after two further shit signings and a win, my guess is that a few thousand, for the time being at least, will once again be content to go along and trundle off home afterwards.

A full on BOYCOTT of games is the only way they will go. The sooner other realise that the sooner we will get new owners.
  • the boycott will only work on season ticket sales. if you already have a ticket it is pointless not turning up. support the team not the Regime.

I want to see 27k in the stadium singing stand up if you want them out!

we should have pushed for that for the football for a fiver game.
  • Interesting the club is inviting everyone to the "fans bar" [550 capacity] to watch the rugby.Is this to keep people away from any protest or to get people pissed so they start smashing windows at 7pm after the rugby?
  • timken said:

Interesting the club is inviting everyone to the "fans bar" [550 capacity] to watch the rugby.Is this to keep people away from any protest or to get people pissed so they start smashing windows at 7pm after the rugby?

Business as usual I would suggest.
  • Sponsored links:

• are banners allowed
  • Rain...bleurgh

• edited February 2016

"guests will also get - nachos, dips, & pork scratching"

Just the one pork scratching? More miserly than the 14 chips.
    We will protest there.......

A stay in protest, with beer and nachos.
    Blimers !

They're pushing the boat out !

Pity it's the Titanic.

Glug glug....

• Words fail me. And not the Titanic comment J:)

• "guests will also get - nachos, dips, & pork scratching"

Just the one pork scratching? More miserly than the 14 chips.
    They're probably bringing in a therapeutic pig for fans to scratch...
    Let's hope it's not the one Cameron had his nob in, that would be a bit off.
  • edited February 2016
    cabbles said:

For me the protests will continue, with or without @PL54 's help

If we get out of this relegation trouble and stay up, it is purely by luck than judgment. They have made a catalogue of errors for 2 years now and success (or relative success, ie avoiding relegation each season) has been achieved through a combination of throwing a high turnover of personnel at it, and we somehow having enough talent just to get over the line.

The biggest reason the protests must continue for me is what has happened over the whole KF appointment and subsequent sacking. I know there are many other reasons in the 2 years, but when you consider he was appointed as an interim, then sacked because he was quite clearly not an interim manager, and RD's first choice was an ex indoor footballer managing in Hungary, it still quite clearly shows he hasn't got a fucking clue.

Everything else is just circumstance. That the team got a win and look more organised under Riga is nothing to do with RD. If I stand at a dart board all day I will occasionally hit the bulls eye. I'm shit at darts though and it won't be through skill. Roland is shit at owning and running football clubs, but the fact that he runs them everyday means there is a chance something could go right occasionally.

It may be that we get out of this mess now and turn the season round (by round I mean stay up) - but RD has had nothing to do with that

We are really back where we were 2 years ago, when Riga came in and showed his ability. Roland couldn't see it, and the merry go round commenced. The fact that Riga is back shows that someone (Roland?) was desperate to stop the rot, and they knew Riga could do it. And didn't we almost get the Serbian? Whose decision was that? Who decided that it had to be Riga? Whatever happened, it was a reactive decision - reacting to all the bad decisions that had been made since Riga was let go in May 2014. There is no sign that Roland has learned from his mistakes. After all, he doesn't do failure, does he?