Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are we protesting on Saturday?

I certainly hope so!

Comments

• EVERY game!
  • Chelsea had one Jose. We've got two!

Plus, who doesn't love a Fanny?!?

Doubtful.

;-)
  • Its a must, every game imo.
    Although I fear another win added to the pissing down rain will reduce numbers.
  • There is a lot happening in the background. As many have said this WONT go away!

It just had to be done slowly to keep the interest.

Stay Tuned to 2% FM :wink:
  • As much as i detest our current ownership (particularly the incompetent CEO)
    Standing behind the West stand post-match chanting 'we want our Charlton back' is probably not convincing them to depart.
    I'm hoping some new tactics will come into play from this weekend.
  • Not suggesting I want us to lose, I want us to win every game. Just football fans are the most fickle in the world and 2 wins in a row will reduce the numbers imo.
    Protests should continue regardless. Its about much more than any on-field problems

Would you then not class those fans as band wagon jumpers rather than fully committed to the cause?
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

CARD will announce what it's doing at midday ...

Make sure you have a spare bed sheet and some crayons ready at 12 Noon....
    and don't forget the stain remover first.
  • As others have said, another win on Saturday and I fear the protests will start to fizzle out. Sad but true.

I think we'll win on Saturday and will stay up. Although I'm pleased to see an improvement on the field, I will continue to stay away and will not renew my season tocket
  • yes the car park protests are great, i dont think they will change much, the issue i have is that i think its going to go v close if we survive as in 3-6 points in it, the only thing that will make these fuckers listen is disrupting games and costing them money a mass exodus on season tickets will hit them where it hurts if the numbers we anticipate dont renew, pitch invasions etc will just dock us points and im sure no one wants to see us relegated.
  • We need to keep protesting, doing an impression of a drowned rat may not be best way to do it, but if the best we can come up with for Saturday is outside the West Stand at 5pm, count me in.
  • Daggs said:

As much as i detest our current ownership (particularly the incompetent CEO)
    Standing behind the West stand post-match chanting 'we want our Charlton back' is probably not convincing them to depart.
    I'm hoping some new tactics will come into play from this weekend.

We should always at least keep the threat of protesting behind the west stand after the match.
    This way it is costing RD an extra expense as the club will have to be prepared to put the barriers up and pay stewards additional hours.
    I would like to see the 'nothing bought in the ground' protest taken further.
    I'm not sure at what times and how busy the fans lounges get but if, say, between 1:30-2:30 we could fill bartrams and/or crossbars to capacity with a large percentage of fans that have no intention of buying anything it will hurt them even more.
  • edited February 2016
    Agree that the more effect Riga has then the momentum will falter and West Stand numbers will drop. New ideas needed. Leaflet bullet point hand outs perhaps? 1st highlighting their past poor management. 2nd a summary of our structural shortcomings (need more visibility on recruitment policy - how did PPPP and Rojo2 happen?) 3rd a prediction of how close season may go. 4th an EoS summary. T shirts for sale when weather gets warmer with some humourous RD/KM out slogans. Cartoon of them both in middle of pitch with a bubble comment? KM (with long nose) - Roly you've f**ked Charlton, please f**k me?
  • Sponsored links:

• We have to continue to protest. Potentially, issues may improve on the playing side now that we have a proper manager in place. However the fact that we were running for so long with frequent horrendous decisions being made shows that the need for change up top remains. As has been mentioned above, the lack of communication has not improved, nor would it appear the understanding that we are more than customers.

Keep the momentum.... COYRS
  • I'm a fairweather protester - a win and / or some rain and i'll be straight home - a loss and I'm getting my balaclava - having said that, I won't renew my season ticket until I see some genuine changes
  • edited February 2016
    If we assume that Riga now does take us on a half decent run to keep us up then it really does need to be more widely known among fans that he was not our owners first choice, fan pressure on KM/RM got him in the dugout.

As how many Charlton fans who don't follow every snippet of insider news will even have heard about the Ujpest manager who was originally heading our way to take over from the interim one, as I know of my Charlton supporting family & friends I was the only one aware of that fact.
  • Keep turning the screw people

• Not suggesting I want us to lose, I want us to win every game. Just football fans are the most fickle in the world and 2 wins in a row will reduce the numbers imo.
    Protests should continue regardless. Its about much more than any on-field problems

If we win more games its in spite of the regime not because of them.
    Protest until they have gone, we can be the antidote to their poison.
  • edited February 2016
    If it was down to Duchatelet, we would have a Serbian, as head coach
    Who's record was on a par with Karel Fraeye. we have a chance,but no thanks to the Thomson twins.(created by Belgian cartoonist Herge)
    Support the team(including Jose Riga) not the regime.

• cafcfan said:

No alternative now. We bought those banners. We have to sweat the assets.

We can always loan them to supporters of one of the other Network clubs...
  • cafcfan said:

No alternative now. We bought those banners. We have to sweat the assets.

We can always loan them to supporters of one of the other Network clubs...
    Is that allowed under FFP regulations?