Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yaya Sanogo signed on loan until the end of the season.

124»

Comments

• Will be his legacy
  • I like the look of him. Good ball control, skillful, passes well and comes deep to get the ball. He reminds me of a young and interested Carlton Cole.

I was going to use the same comparison, won't score a bucket load but hopefully can hold it up and bring players like Johan and Igor into the game. Whilst not being a slouch and giving the defenders something to think about in behind which Big Mak doesn't.
  • edited February 2016
    Redrobo said:

Riga saying neither Yaya or Rodney will feature v Bristol City.

Good. It means the rest our fit.

May also suggest that he does not think that these two are fit enough yet to play in the Championship.
    Or after a 4 - 1 away win he feels that the players used st Rotherham deserve the shirt. Good management.
  • I read Rigas comments about Sanogo not being involved prior to today but given Igor's injury I'm surprised he wasn't on the bench.

No need for both Sarr and Johnson to be on the bench in a winnable game.
  • Please can we lay off Sanogo his yet to put a Charlton match shirt on yet, yet he's getting slagged off something rotten!
  • dizzee said:

I heard we went to sign Oxford and Riga didn't want him so said to Roland 'Sir, no go'.

Really? I heard when KM told Riga she'd signed Oxford, he said "No. That's a no go for me, please"
  • When asked at his post match press conference whether Fanni and Sanogo were his signings, Riga avoided answering, saying only that he hoped that they would be helpful for Charlton in the future.
    Taken with the fact that neither were on the bench yesterday, it seems very likely that once again players have been foisted upon the manager without his approval. Perhaps an explanation for the teams lacklustre performance yesterday.
  • Makes no sense considering Roger Johnson and Poyet came in with no match fitness and they both started their first 3 games.
  • Is a 23 year old player from Arsenal, who have been on loan at Ajax,
    so unfit that he can't do a 15 minute cameo in a game,
    where we had two CB on the bench at home ?

Think the answer is yes seeing he has only played just over half agame this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016

When asked at his post match press conference whether Fanni and Sanogo were his signings, Riga avoided answering, saying only that he hoped that they would be helpful for Charlton in the future.
    Taken with the fact that neither were on the bench yesterday, it seems very likely that once again players have been foisted upon the manager without his approval. Perhaps an explanation for the teams lacklustre performance yesterday.

Heard on the grapevine that neither of them were even at the ground yesterday. So much for team spirit.

• This is why the 'Sporting Director' model that is favoured by European clubs, is so badly flawed.

How can you blame a manager for results, when he has not been given the choice of players to bring to the club?

It's like being made a CEO of a bluechip company, and then being told that you can only work with the staff already hired, or ones that are brought in by the board above your head - utter madness.

We needed players who could hit the ground running, and yet most of our signings are the very opposite of that (Sanogo, Fanni, Johnson and to a lesser extent Poyet).
  • We are the only club in the world who would Sign players to improve the team according to the press Releases surrounding them and not play them, that's for sure barn cake club