Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yaya Sanogo signed on loan until the end of the season.

Comments

• If we can get the ball into the 6 yard box, he may score. More creative midfield please. And fox has to be out every night on the pitch training to run and cross.
  • I really hope this works out, all the best Yaya.
  • Prove me wrong no goal, I have Confidence that as a build up player you will do well and away from the goal you'll look mustard, but Try and score to lose the no goals tag
  • 1StevieG said:

He looks a bit like Marvellous Marvin Sordell.

I thought the same. A bit fall-overy. But still, he could be decent.
  • We think it's a no to Makienok's immediate permanent transfer then.

Hi, Simon I know we've signed a better footballer into your position on loan, now it's down to you to show that you can score goals every week with some decent agression every week and then this guy goes back to Arsenal and you get a permanent deal?
  • edited February 2016
    Big step down from our last seasons acquisitions.

Coq from the Arse, now Fanni Sanogo..
  • Well aware of his form at Arsenal but just looked at a highlights video (I know!) and if Riga can give him his confidence in front of goal there's a good two-footed striker in there somewhere. An early goal to make him believe in himself could do wonders...
  • red_murph said:

Joking aside that is one of the worst photos I've ever seen!

Hope he wears glasses when playing or I won't recognise him.

and if he doesn't he won't be able to see the goal
  • edited February 2016
    When it takes the soapbox to bring a bit of gravitas to CL,
    You know we're in trouble !

Yaya Sanogo is out of his depth as a Prem striker looking at the 21 games played for Arsenal and Palace and no goals scored.

We are in the relegation spots in the Championship, so will the weaker standard of defending, give him a chance to shine. ?

At 6ft 4in, is he a poor man's Big Mak ?

Can Riga rotate the forwards Igor,Simon, Lookman, Reza and YaYa, to keep them all fresh and raring to go.

The last time Riga was in charge he managed to motivate the players and get good games out of Sodell and Harriott, so not sure what to make of this move as Yaya won't be full of confidence after a unsuccessful loan to Ajax.

A gamble, but lets hope that it's his France U16 to U21 record that he can bring to CAFC with 39 goals in 61 apps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big step down from our last seasons acquisitions.

Coq from the Arse, now Fanni Sanogo..

I don't think so. Coq didn't turn out too good for us because he was too good for us. I reckon the fact he went back to Arsenal was the beginning of the end for Big Bob. At least we've got these two till the end of the season. I believe Jose sanctioned them. In Jose I trust.
  • The only positive I see in this signing is that it is a big man to bring on when Mak gets tired.

It allows us to keep the same formation.

We can't have signed him for his goal scoring record as he doesn't have one, apart from a meaningless pre season game.
  • Actually excited by this one struggled for game to at arsenal and palace, maybe not ready for prem yet but like Afoebe and Bamford are ready to score goals at our level
  • Looks more like a young Ortis Deley to me. Anyway, welcome Yaya.
  • He is physically big but he doesn't play like a big man.
  • "The move is subject to the completion of regulatory processes."

So there's hope yet that it may not happen!
  • LuckyReds said:

Godstone said:

To be fair he has scored a few goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-wJjzXBnA

Decent footwork and very good positioning. That said, I saw another video which was pretty poor - but I'll keep an open mind, he can't be as bad as the stats suggest if he hasn't been released yet.
    That Ramsey bloke had a hand in some of the goals, perhaps he might fancy coming along, too?
  • All joking aside, he looks like he could do a job with Igor or Reza running off him, but I don't think he'd form much of a partnership with Mak.
  • Sponsored links:

• Otis whooo ? more like Otis Reading without the musical talent
  • I reckon he'll be decent at this level if he can get some confidence. Hopefully a bit of fanni will help, he'll get a whiff and start rodding them in.
  • Godstone said:

To be fair he has scored a few goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-wJjzXBnA

Loved the celebration for his fourth goal....FFS ;o)

Joking aside, I will judge him when he plays for us in the Championship, where we play our football, near the bottom of the league.
  • I thought Vaz Te was a good signing at the time, got told by a West Ham fan, 'he'll do well for you' i'm more than prepared to give Yaya the benefit of the doubt, i hope he enjoys his time here and gets his mojo back.
  • I thought Vaz Te was a good signing at the time, got told by a West Ham fan, 'he'll do well for you' i'm more than prepared to give Yaya the benefit of the doubt, i hope he enjoys his time here and gets his mojo back.

He can't be any worse than Vaz Te at least.
  • edited February 2016
    That one yard miss.. wow.
  • edited February 2016
    He looks a bit Martin Pringle to me. We shall see.

No one knows if he'll be a success, including him.

Tbf I thought Vaz Te was a good signing.
  • He looks a bit Martin Pringle to me. We shall see.

No one knows if he'll be a success, including him.

Tbf I thought Vaz Te was a good signing.

I think Sanogo will do ok. He doesn't look like a goal scorer evidently but I kind of trust Wenger enough to think that he knows attacking players. It's another decent option to have, given that we've lost Watt and Vaz Te
  • Only time I have seen him play live he scored 4, so maybe I brought him luck!

Everytime I have seen him on the T.V. he always freezes in the box, this is a gamble signing