Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yaya Sanogo signed on loan until the end of the season.

Comments

• Couple of arsenal mates who have season tickets reckon he will do very well in the championship just not quite ready for the prem yet
  • Big step down from our last seasons acquisitions.

Coq from the Arse, now Fanni Sanogo..

Feel this one has gone by underrated. :-(
  • Difficult one. I think he really needs a team to play in a certain way to do well. And I think he'll need to be full of confidence to be able to score goals. Fingers crossed.
  • Suspect we're going to get a few "How the hell did he manage that!?!" moments from Sanogo, both good and bad. Looks like the kind of player who will beat 3 players then trip over his own feet and kick the ball out for a throw in.
  • His name sounds like an alternative to Davlav.
  • Sanogo is the kind of player who likes to do intelligent runs and likes to do layoffs. He uses quick feet and plays swift one-two’s with his teammates to get beyond defenses.

Embed from Getty Images

But the problem is, he is too bad at finishing. He just does not have any confidence approaching the goal. He has too many weaknesses in his game compared to his strengths, he can’t hold the ball up as he is too weak, he does not contribute defensively, he’s not versatile, he’s not good at the striker’s position. There are just too many negatives here and makes you wonder why Charlton are trying to get a guy who can’t score goals when they want someone to stick the ball into the back of the net.

Of course, he can suddenly start playing well and may well become a better player by the end of the season. But right now this deal could be the worst possible one to be made by Charlton.

• He seems to have a willingness and enthusiasm about him.
    Evidently wants to do well here.

Let's hope all the piss taking doesn't get to him.

• According to talksport he played total of 47 minutes for Ajax and lost the ball 18 times ...
  • Arsenal have never been shy in releasing players and yet he still with them? He originally signed in 2009 and signed a long term contract in 2013.

Not like them to get it so wrong. We will see.

I don't think he will be a boring player. Maybe Watt without the attitude?
  • Sponsored links:

• Realistically, the likes of Reza, Lookman and Igor are going to be where we look to for most of our goals from strikers. Big Mak is mostly there to be a lump and provide muscle and a distraction up front, with assists and goals a welcome bonus. Sanogo is essentially around so we have another option if one of the others is getting lumps kicked out of him and needs a breather, Riga does like a bit of rotation and now we have someone to rotate Makienok WITH, like for like (ish).

Doesn't matter if he doesn't score a hatful or even at all as long as he plays a part in goals coming from somewhere else. Although no doubt there's morons who've written him off already before he's even played for us.
  • sam3110 said:

Sanogo, who spent the first part of the season on loan at Dutch giants Ajax, said: “I spoke to my friend Francis Coquelin and he told me a few things about the club. He said that this was a good club and that is would be a good choice for me to come here.

“My first day here was very good. I met all of my teammates the manager and I am happy to sign with Charlton. I want to help us to stay in the league and I will work very hard to try and do that."

Good luck to him, let's hope he can be a positive part of us.
  • I heard we went to sign Oxford and Riga didn't want him so said to Roland 'Sir, no go'.
  • Redrobo said:

I don't think he will be a boring player. Maybe Watt without the attitude?

...or the goals, evidently.
  • This is a typical CAFC move of the last two years.

You buy a non scoring striker, well in the League,
    Was a goal machine in the French U16 to U21.

Yaya makes Big Mak seem like Vardy.

If for 90 minutes we can have either Simon or Yaya on the field they could be a great foil for Igor. if they play together it would be crazy unless we are losing and we bombard the box with crosses.
  • Pope
    Fanni Bauer Sarr Lennon
    Diarra Jackson Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Makienok Sanogo

Tallest Charlton team ever?!
  • edited February 2016
    sam3110 said:

Pope
    Fanni Bauer Sarr Lennon
    Diarra Jackson Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Makienok Sanogo

Tallest Charlton team ever?!

Pretty good, although Wiki says Cousins only 5'10' swap with Ba 6'0'' and I think you've cracked it with all six footers Sam :wink: .
  • If he puts the effort in, plays for the shirt and is up for the fight, then he is already a better option than Watt.

Just hope the boo-boys don't start giving it to him half way through his debut, like they did with Makienok!
  • If he puts the effort in, plays for the shirt and is up for the fight, then he is already a better option than Watt.

Just hope the boo-boys don't start giving it to him half way through his debut, like they did with Makienok!

They can take it in turns to be booed!

I'm not sure which 25 goal a season some of our fans expected us to sign but we've got someone tha Arsene Wenger rates enough to give a contract to and not release.

I doubt some will give him a chance to prove his worth. Much better to boo and moan that we havnt signed Jordan Rhodes.

• Sponsored links:

• PWO

Let's give the lad a chance, as I know some have written him off already.

Coq came at same age, never having a sniff at Arsenal, now look at him. Hopefully Yaya can emulate it.

Yann came here with no decent background, we should have learnt by now, to give the player some time before writing him off.
  • I like the look of him. Good ball control, skillful, passes well and comes deep to get the ball. He reminds me of a young and interested Carlton Cole.
  • Much better option than Reza who for me is quite simply awful. Give Yaya a chance and a decent run of games and im sure he will do well in the championship.
    Sadly we have some knob heads as fans and they will boo him after his first mistake.
  • Riga saying neither Yaya or Rodney will feature v Bristol City.
  • Riga saying neither Yaya or Rodney will feature v Bristol City.

Good. It means the rest our fit.

May also suggest that he does not think that these two are fit enough yet to play in the Championship.
  • Sorry, are fit.
  • This years Franck Nouble!
  • Quite optimistic about young Yaya
  • Redrobo said:

Riga saying neither Yaya or Rodney will feature v Bristol City.

Good. It means the rest our fit.

May also suggest that he does not think that these two are fit good enough yet to play in the Championship.
    fixed for you ;-)