Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby Sarr - gone to Reading, scored the winner against Millwall at the Den (p13)

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    Released by Huddersfield.
    I expect his wages are out of reach nowadays 
    Just cos he commanded £X there doesn't mean he'll command the same again elsewhere - he's just been released after all
    He might want to revisit the club where he had his happiest seasons yet.
    Be daft not to ring him this week, he's assured of the warmest welcome in SE7.

All the guff about Charlie Kirk, Nabby's is the example CK (and everybody ) else needs to follow - if at first you ain't good enough, work harder until you are, brings its own reward. 
  • Options
    If we start negotiating now, we might br able to sign him before he retires  :D
    £300k in January I'm hearing, after he signs for Wimbledon F.C close season just to keep fit. JJ has told his chairman its money in the bag. 
  • Options
    Come Home, Naby … All is forgiven
  • Options
    Am a little surprised that Huddersfield released him given the amount he was involved this season.

Especially towards the business end - I mean could have understood had they been promoted
  • Options
    He had a bit of a shocker in the play off final and got subbed off.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Which one…
    LOL , I didn't even think of our one !

I meant the recent Huddersfield one.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    Heard similar.

Remember we're not allowed to sign or even discuss former players  😉
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    If he hasn’t hit a contract then his wages nowadays are £0. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely good enough for this level.
  • Options
    He didn't jump to head the ball when Millwall scored the winner against a couple of years ago at the shit hole. Ruined my weekend. No thanks.
  • Options
    TN15 said:
    He didn't jump to head the ball when Millwall scored the winner against a couple of years ago at the shit hole. Ruined my season. No thanks.

• Options
    TN15 said:
    He didn't jump to head the ball when Millwall scored the winner against a couple of years ago at the shit hole. Ruined my weekend. No thanks.
    Also 10x better than Inniss and Famewo but oooohhhh apparently bottled it in a derby so he's shit. Fucking blinkered fans, do my absolute nut in. He's literally leagues better than the dross that currently play for us, anyone who disagrees doesn't understand how a modern centre back should be able to play football, particularly in a back 3
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Which one…
    Still can’t really blame him for the OG. Always thought he struggled playing on the left of three at the back, which we did in the first half in the playoff final. Considering the OG thought he recovered ok. We played 442 in the second half I think. 
  • Options
    Bring Naby home 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Watching the Quest hi lights throughout the season he had more than one shocker.

Liability in the box, no from me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liability in defence but would be a very good player in front of the back 4/ defensive midfielder winning the ball and pinging it around the pitch
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    TN15 said:
    Also 10x better than Inniss and Famewo but oooohhhh apparently bottled it in a derby so he's shit. Fucking blinkered fans, do my absolute nut in. He's literally leagues better than the dross that currently play for us, anyone who disagrees doesn't understand how a modern centre back should be able to play football, particularly in a back 3
    Sam3110, I like him, more as a bloke than a player, however he did totally get out muscled by Smith, all he had to do was make a challenge, he didn’t, wish him all the best but not as a player for us again…..and I understand modern football
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Liability in defence but would be a very good player in front of the back 4/ defensive midfielder winning the ball and pinging it around the pitch
    Not sure he’s mobile enough for that role really?
  • Options
    Naby will make mistakes, but also do some really good things, that's what you get with him.
  • Options
    Naby will make mistakes, but also do some really good things, that's what you get with him.
    His really good is much better than 90% of league 1 players, his mistakes aren't much worse than most league 1 players.  He is a championship player.  Was on much less at Huddersfield than with us and would have stayed,  on reduced terms, if it wasn't for the emabro.
  • Options
    If people are seriously considering bringing him back then I don’t think his salary demands would be compatible with our budget. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    If people are seriously considering bringing him back then I don’t think his salary demands would be compatible with our budget. 
    What are his salary demands and what is our budget?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    What are his salary demands and what is our budget?
    Incompatible 
    We have players now that earn nearly as much as he did when he was here.  Our budget isn't the problem.

I doubt we would get him back but budget, or lack of, isn't the problem.