Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby Sarr - gone to Reading, scored the winner against Millwall at the Den (p13)

Comments

• Options
    The Nabster scores the winning goal late on from a cross from Sorba Thomas to put Huddersfield 3rd in the Championship.

Someone at Cafc decided Thomas wasn't worth the valuation that the Boreham wood  Chairman wanted for Sorba when Charlton were in the driving seat for him. 

I argued before Thomas went to Huddersfield that we need to judge each player individually rather than dismiss a National League player because his club want (say) £500k.

I’ve not seen him play but he’s obviously adapted well to the Championship - perhaps he’s the type of winger we needed to replace Millar rather than Kirk.

From Gallen’s comments we seemed to see him as someone to develop, so he’s probably made a far bigger impact at Huddersfield than we expected.

Hopefully the club have learnt from who they’ve missed out on as well which signings have worked out and which haven’t.
  • Options
    I would imagine there was an element of luck in it too. 
  • Options
    Of course but we also got it wrong with Kirk. Millar added pace and energy, Kirk isn’t that type of winger. Thomas or another player might have been closer to that. It’s easy to underestimate the impact pace can have. Bowyer didn’t expect Doughty to offer as much as he did, while CBT was the winger with the lowest expectations.
  • Options
    Loved that goal; and the big man's joy after scoring. Teammates seem to love the guy too.
    I channel hopped to that match saying to my son, 'I wonder if Tom Lockyer still plays for Luton?'  He said, 'I dunno, but that's Naby Sarr scoring a goal!' ... and I must say a delight to watch.
    Great goal celebration. I still love Naby...
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    He was well marked there! 
  • Options
    He's coming home
    He's coming home
    He's coming 
    Naby's coming home!

Wishful thinking of course...

Peeps complain on here that there is no one in the current team that they can identify with. No characters. 
    Well Naby was close to a cult figure imo, whichever side of the Naby fence you sit on...

Would love to see him return, faults and all!
    I'd love to see Naby back - always made me smile..
  • Options
    If Naby did come back I give it approx 3 games before all the fond recollections turn into spitting rage again. Not necessarily because he'd be bad, but just because when he does get it wrong he seems to get it wrong in the way that specifically annoys Charlton fans as much as possible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked Nabby.😏
  • Options
    If Naby did come back I give it approx 3 games before all the fond recollections turn into spitting rage again. Not necessarily because he'd be bad, but just because when he does get it wrong he seems to get it wrong in the way that specifically annoys Charlton fans as much as possible
    He made mistakes but he could play the ball out from the back and could deliver a killer pass and popped up with the odd goal. The good outweighed the bad for me. 
    Nail on the head. He did make mistakes and often looked like a mistake waiting to happen but overall he didn't make any more mistakes than other defenders, it is just fans were looking for them. I think he definitely gave us more than he took away as he was an offensive threat with his balls out of defence and from set pieces. With these, it isn't just about scoring but taking a marker off other threats.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The Nabster scores the winning goal late on from a cross from Sorba Thomas to put Huddersfield 3rd in the Championship.

Someone at Cafc decided Thomas wasn't worth the valuation that the Boreham wood  Chairman wanted for Sorba when Charlton were in the driving seat for him. 

I argued before Thomas went to Huddersfield that we need to judge each player individually rather than dismiss a National League player because his club want (say) £500k.

I’ve not seen him play but he’s obviously adapted well to the Championship - perhaps he’s the type of winger we needed to replace Millar rather than Kirk.

From Gallen’s comments we seemed to see him as someone to develop, so he’s probably made a far bigger impact at Huddersfield than we expected.

Hopefully the club have learnt from who they’ve missed out on as well which signings have worked out and which haven’t.
    I think we ruined any chance of buying Thomas by leaking our interest. The minute we did that we got their Chairman's back up and other clubs started to show more interest in him. 
  • Options
    There seems to be a lot more Naby-love now than what I recall last time he was discussed...
  • Options
    It will depend on the style of play envisaged for next season. If we want to play a bit more and avoid going long to Stockley, then Sarr is an ideal choice because he sets the tone with his passing. He also has the ability to switch play with those long cross-field balls. Whoever plays on the left will benefit from his passing because he actually tries to play the ball just in front of the winger rather than making the winger check back and get boxed in. 

But I suspect we won't be able to afford him and he will either go to another Championship club or move abroad. 
  • Options
    Just grabbed the opener for Huddersfield. 

Been playing well so far, is unlucky to not already be on the scoresheet 
  • Options
    LOL. Are people seriously talking about him being a signing for us for next season?

Laughable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Naby Sarr currently playing for a side 3rd in the championship, definitely wants to swap that to come to a mid-table league one side.
    True but what is even more hilarious is that some fans of that mid-table league one side wouldn't want him because he isn't good enough.
    Yeah but he got bullied at Millwank away remember, so he's dogshit.

(None of our other players have ever played bad against Millwank at The Toolbox, remember that)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Naby Sarr currently playing for a side 3rd in the championship, definitely wants to swap that to come to a mid-table league one side.
    True but what is even more hilarious is that some fans of that mid-table league one side wouldn't want him because he isn't good enough.
    Yeah but he got bullied at Millwank away remember, so he's dogshit.

(None of our other players have ever played bad against Millwank at The Toolbox, remember that)
    “Millwank”?
  • Options
    That is useual for the idiots we attract. I remember  they said that Simon Francis was useless to.
    Well they were right there!
  • Options
    Anyone met Naby ? He’s a proper nice guy!
    if they get promoted which looks possible maybe through the playoffs as a form side Naby unlikely to make the cut for the Prem so he comes home!
    Simples 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I met him at a junior reds Christmas party.  Of all the players you could see a load who were there under duress.  But not Naby!  He had a Santa hat on and was great fun.  Seemed a top bloke 
    I thought you are older than that. 
    A bit of moisturiser works wonders
  • Options
    Released by Huddersfield.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Released by Huddersfield.
    I expect his wages are out of reach nowadays