Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The circus of Karel Fraeye -blog article

13»

Comments

• As an aside, does anyone know

RedChaser said:

@PragueAddick I don't see LLs comments as disrespectful to Airman or A2TR but it is good to learn that the Trust board are having a rethink and are seeking feedback from its membership, well done.

I am sure LL didn't mean them disrespectfully either, but nobody who invests personal time and energy in trying to do stuff for Charlton wants to read that it would all be much more successful if the Trust moved in on it. We certainly don't believe that. The Valley Party never had a "leader" (other than for election registration purposes)That's a fact.

We all got together on Skype last night to thrash out our tactics in the coming weeks. And most of us will meet for a curry on 29th too. It would be incredibly dumb to comment publicly on possible plans B and C, but of course we must have them ready. It's Christmas, but we will do our best to stay ahead of events. Nothing will happen before Christmas at the club, but then we enter a fast moving period with many games, and the window. We are not going to sleep through that.

Are you still residing in Praque or travelling to and fro? Just curios as to how you are managing to stay so involved.
  • Right now I am sitting in the M&S cafe in Eltham:) But most Trusts in London rely heavily on email and Skype anyway. We've got one Board member in Scotland, one in Ashford, one in NW London. Also helps that i dont have a boss, or a young family
  • Good interview by Louis but I do not see the hysterical reaction to Karel's comments. He is there to manage the team and cannot say whatever he thinks because of adversely affecting the already shaky morale. I don't blame him for being cagey about reinforcements in January - remember when Guy said that he expected 3 players and ended with that poor player from Everton..... Also good players are difficult to get in January and clubs often decide quite late in the process that they actually want to hang on to them. We all know that players should be bought in the summer and we all know that it is only Roland who is to blame for this.
    Karel and Jason know that they have inherited a squad that is too small etc and they only want experienced players from the championship so let us hope that most of their targets come through.
    Chicago Addick is a good blogger and I like him a lot but he does not see many games and he is reliant on other opinions to fill his narrative (these players that were playing well under Luzon.....really).
    This continuing and deafening diatribe from posters on this site and now a respectable overseas blogger that KF is responsible for all of our inadequate or otherwise unready players is untrue and is mainly the result of lazy and uninformed rumour from an otherwise respected member of this forum whom others take as gospel - and I don't say that because he has likened himself to John the Baptist! I would not personally give a toss to his opinion on this matter but I believe that it adds to the poisonous atmosphere that is gradually emulating form the crowd to the players on the pitch. FFS support the players and match day management at least for the next 4 weeks and we may have a good chance of heading out of our present perilous position.
    The enemy is RD and to a lesser extent KM. Maybe KM is being quiet now to deflect criticism......
  • edited December 2015

Good interview by Louis but I do not see the hysterical reaction to Karel's comments. He is there to manage the team and cannot say whatever he thinks because of adversely affecting the already shaky morale. I don't blame him for being cagey about reinforcements in January - remember when Guy said that he expected 3 players and ended with that poor player from Everton..... Also good players are difficult to get in January and clubs often decide quite late in the process that they actually want to hang on to them. We all know that players should be bought in the summer and we all know that it is only Roland who is to blame for this.
    Karel and Jason know that they have inherited a squad that is too small etc and they only want experienced players from the championship so let us hope that most of their targets come through.
    Chicago Addick is a good blogger and I like him a lot but he does not see many games and he is reliant on other opinions to fill his narrative (these players that were playing well under Luzon.....really).
    This continuing and deafening diatribe from posters on this site and now a respectable overseas blogger that KF is responsible for all of our inadequate or otherwise unready players is untrue and is mainly the result of lazy and uninformed rumour from an otherwise respected member of this forum whom others take as gospel - and I don't say that because he has likened himself to John the Baptist! I would not personally give a toss to his opinion on this matter but I believe that it adds to the poisonous atmosphere that is gradually emulating form the crowd to the players on the pitch. FFS support the players and match day management at least for the next 4 weeks and we may have a good chance of heading out of our present perilous position.
    The enemy is RD and to a lesser extent KM. Maybe KM is being quiet now to deflect criticism......

Are you KF's right hand man or similar?

Our squad with the right fitness and tactical training is good enough to stay up, for sure (not by that much though). KF in essence knows nothing about either of these at a high level, and why would he? He's not worked his way up the Belgian top tiers let alone English ones.

He's not responsible for this ownership but he is part of the model and a fairly key part tbf, he is a part of it and we need to tear these parts away to make any progress in getting our Club to a reasonable, safe and admirable position of which it is not right now. KF does not just coach us, he had a big say in recruiting the shit we see on the pitch, he also threatens these same players. That's not right from someone who's got this job not through merit. Not right at all. His lack of anywhere NEAR a respectable CV will drive players away, football players aren't that stupid - the ones with sense will go somewhere they have trust in the manager. Hence Chelseas downfall, key players not wanting to perform for the manager and will start to perform when they have the man coaching them that they want to work for. I'm pretty certain we aren't giving 110% right now.... It's dead important to have a good manager. Less important right now than it is for our owner, but if we want to stay up we need shot of KF.
  • Good interview by Louis but I do not see the hysterical reaction to Karel's comments. He is there to manage the team and cannot say whatever he thinks because of adversely affecting the already shaky morale. I don't blame him for being cagey about reinforcements in January - remember when Guy said that he expected 3 players and ended with that poor player from Everton..... Also good players are difficult to get in January and clubs often decide quite late in the process that they actually want to hang on to them. We all know that players should be bought in the summer and we all know that it is only Roland who is to blame for this.

Are you KF's right hand man or similar.
    Probably his agent.

Our squad with the right fitness and tactical training is good enough to stay up, for sure (not by that much though). KF in essence knows nothing about either of these at a high level, and why would he? He's not worked his way up the Belgian top tiers let alone English ones.

He's not responsible for this ownership but he is part of the model and a fairly key part tbf, he is a part of it and we need to tear these parts away to make any progress in getting our Club to a reasonable, safe and admirable position of which it is not right now. KF does not just coach us, he had a big say in recruiting the shit we see on the pitch, he also threatens these same players. That's not right from someone who's got this job not through merit. Not right at all. His lack of anywhere NEAR a respectable CV will drive players away, football players aren't that stupid - the ones with sense will go somewhere they have trust in the manager. Hence Chelseas downfall, key players not wanting to perform for the manager and will start to perform when they have the man coaching them that they want to work for. I'm pretty certain we aren't giving 110% right now.... It's dead important to have a good manager. Less important right now than it is for our owner, but if we want to stay up we need shot of KF.
    I do not share the 'current mainstream' opinion about KF so I must be his right hand man? Again you repeat the usual bollocks and give your opinion that he is part of the problem as you know this and this.............
    The only thing that I agree with you is that we must have a good manager...........perhaps we have and perhaps we have not. In my opinion we have a hard working and knowledgeable man in post doing a reasonably good job with the resources given him. Lennie Lawrence was not very experienced either and he did rather well!
  • Excellent article, somebody ask Leuth to read it.

in my more sane moments I agree with much of this because the overwhelming imperative now is to survive this division.
    There are however only so many visits that can be made to any wellspring of support before it runs dry, and for a lot of people there is almost nothing left.

• Sponsored links:

I do not share the 'current mainstream' opinion about KF so I must be his right hand man? Again you repeat the usual bollocks and give your opinion that he is part of the problem as you know this and this.............
    The only thing that I agree with you is that we must have a good manager...........perhaps we have and perhaps we have not. In my opinion we have a hard working and knowledgeable man in post doing a reasonably good job with the resources given him. Lennie Lawrence was not very experienced either and he did rather well!
    Do you have any facts to back up your point that this man is knowledgeable (in an English coaching job sense)? For what I know he has watched our games and was previously our assistant coach, he also played a hand in a very poor recruitment drive (and that information is from very close to the horses mouth), he also slagged players off/threatened them in a nonsical way in the mainstream media of which everyone has access to reading. That does not read like a clever man to me, it reads like someone who is there to protect his owner.

I had the same opinion of this coach before he signed, as it was so obvious to be him, and I stick to it. The man is SEVERELY underqualified and obviously says things to please his owners, it's near on a fact that our squad needs to more faces and more experience, we're not far from not being able to field a squad without debutants in the second tier of England ffs (referring to when he said our squad is big enough and good enough).

I can tell you this mans coaching credentials, 7 years at KAA Gent, Training their U15/U16/2nd team, also scouting at the same time. He then a few months later moved to head coach of KFC Eendracht Zele (currently of the 4th tier in Belgium and when he was in charge they were a 5th tier side I believe. He was then assistant manager for us due to his contact (RD) and Head Coach @ VW Hamme in his time inbetween. Please try to tell me how this man in any way warrants the job he currently possesses? He's had essentially 19 months of knowing us, our players and how we work; yet the results he musters up despite saying we have the quality for it are poor, to say the least.

Please settle me and tell me why this man is doing a good job given the resources behind him? He was the one feeding these resources, he is the one that believes our squad is good enough, yet he can't produce any results for us?
  • Good interview by Louis but I do not see the hysterical reaction to Karel's comments. He I don't blame him for being cagey about reinforcements in January - remember when Guy said that he expected 3 players and ended with that poor player from Everton..... Also good players are difficult to get in January and clubs often decide quite late in the process that they actually want to hang on to them. We all know that players should be bought in the summer and we all know that it is only Roland who is to blame for this.

Do you have any facts to back up your point that this man is knowledgeable (in an English coaching job sense)? For what I know he has watched our games and was previously our assistant coach, he also played a hand in a very poor recruitment drive (and that information is from very close to the horses mouth), he also slagged players off/threatened them in a nonsical way in the mainstream media of which everyone has access to reading. That does not read like a clever man to me, it reads like someone who is there to protect his owner.

I had the same opinion of this coach before he signed, as it was so obvious to be him, and I stick to it. The man is SEVERELY underqualified and obviously says things to please his owners, it's near on a fact that our squad needs to more faces and more experience, we're not far from not being able to field a squad without debutants in the second tier of England ffs (referring to when he said our squad is big enough and good enough).

I can tell you this mans coaching credentials, 7 years at KAA Gent, Training their U15/U16/2nd team, also scouting at the same time. He then a few months later moved to head coach of KFC Eendracht Zele (currently of the 4th tier in Belgium and when he was in charge they were a 5th tier side I believe. He was then assistant manager for us due to his contact (RD) and Head Coach @ VW Hamme in his time inbetween. Please try to tell me how this man in any way warrants the job he currently possesses? He's had essentially 19 months of knowing us, our players and how we work; yet the results he musters up despite saying we have the quality for it are poor, to say the least.

Please settle me and tell me why this man is doing a good job given the resources behind him? He was the one feeding these resources, he is the one that believes our squad is good enough, yet he can't produce any results for us?
    ` I understand your scepticism but this man is in the job because RD knows him and presumably trust him because he would not employ him otherwise (which incidentally is probably the reason that only a lower league team in Belgium had him as a coach as he could be called away at such short notice).
    So the only relevant question is whether he does a good job or not for us. I think he will and you do not, I get that.
    However again, what do you think a manager should say about his team with fragile confidence levels? He does not think his squad is good enough? I do not think it would be wise for him to do this and only managers who are well known and able to get a job easily elsewhere would give their honest opinion. And again he did not choose the players he inherited. I do not think that he 'threatened' his players in the way you have interpreted it. Some of the players know that they have underperformed and they are being told to step up - what is wrong with that? I do not know what horse you talked to but my horse actually knows the truth which will eventually come out.
    A manager should not have a team low in confidence levels, as it's his day to day job to install that into them. Also how long do you give someone before you can fully judge them? This man as I've said has been watching us knowing of the job he was inevitably going to get for so long, he's had plenty of time.

You tell your players to step up on the training ground, and you enforce that onto them - don't threaten them to the media, I use the word threaten because it was an indirect threat, perform or else you risk being shoved out. You need to earn the right to say these sorts of things to the media and even then you must tread carefully.

I eagerly await your talking horse telling us all, but why must it wait? If you know something what harm is it to let loose? And that means you are directly claiming KF had absolutely NO link to our scouting what so ever? Right-o.
  • He chose the players he inherited, he told me as much when we had a 40 second chat in Costa Charing Cross. Lovely man, very friendly.
  • He chose the players he inherited, he told me as much when we had a 40 second chat in Costa Charing Cross. Lovely man, very friendly.

Exactly, and someone I spoke to who most definitely would know also backed this up. I'm not so sure what D_P is hanging onto, and it seems to be claiming that KF beaded no link to the recruitment which means I'm rubbishing what he has to say already as it's false.

Ah well, the constant shield around this madness of ownership will always be around in some roundabout way. Brainwashed, including those under RD's ownership.

Exactly, and someone I spoke to who most definitely would know also backed this up. I'm not so sure what D_P is hanging onto, and it seems to be claiming that KF beaded no link to the recruitment which means I'm rubbishing what he has to say already as it's false.

Ah well, the constant shield around this madness of ownership will always be around in some roundabout way. Brainwashed, including those under RD's ownership.
    Can't say I understand what you are writing sorry. And also 'someone that I spoke to'.......and it's me who is brainwashed? As I wrote let us leave it now and the truth will come out eventually. Roland's poison is all encompassing sadly - we are fighting or arguing amongst each other rather than him......
  • Sponsored links:

There are always exceptions to the rule. Nigel Adkins was a physio at Scunthorpe.

However, it is clear Fraeye does not have the ingredients to do the job.

I do not have a problem with the managers we have had , they are brought in by the 'problems of the club'.

However, this guy is the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of fans and his appointment quite frankly is insulting to Charlton supporters.
    He'd managed at non-league level as well. Wales I think.

There are always exceptions to the rule. Nigel Adkins was a physio at Scunthorpe.

I do not have a problem with the managers we have had , they are brought in by the 'problems of the club'.

However, this guy is the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of fans and his appointment quite frankly is insulting to Charlton supporters.
    I'd have him here, decent manager.

I'd have him here, decent manager.
    Yes, please
  • Let the horses free boys
  • edited December 2015
    shirty5 said:

Richard Birch - Charlton fan and Racing Post correspodent in today's racing paper.

"I paid only my second visit to Burnley on saturday. Almost 33 years after witnessing Charlton get stuffed 7-1 during the 82/83 season, I returned to watch the League 1 bound south Londoners lose 4-0 in a pitiful second half surrender under a head coach, Karel Fraeye, who would surely be better suited to driving the team bus."

He'd only have made it half way to Burnley before taking a wrong turn & ending up in Wales - "please let us not have the expectation that every Karel Fraeye bus ride means we have to get to the final destination"
  • kentred2 said:

First game v Sheff Wed were just 2 (TWO) fans giving him abuse as he walked and got to dugout. That's why we get what we deserve. Other clubs would pack out lower west to demonstrate.

Well now there is a protest idea. All pack into the West Stand - I suspect we'll fit.
  • rikofold said:

kentred2 said:

First game v Sheff Wed were just 2 (TWO) fans giving him abuse as he walked and got to dugout. That's why we get what we deserve. Other clubs would pack out lower west to demonstrate.

Well now there is a protest idea. All pack into the West Stand - I suspect we'll fit.
    Sure everyone attending at the moment would fit into the West, problem is KM would see that as a money saving idea & close the North & East Stands & the Quadrants.